Appeal to a Blacklist
Hello,

Yes I cheated, but I am not full of myself. Reading the forum rules, I have made sure that this post complies with all of the forum rules regarding posting. As of yet, I have not seen any rules that state that it is wrong, or worth banning posting on this subject. This post is a statement of good faith on the the part of myself the poster regarding the subject.

I feel it highly irregular if I would be banned on the forum for posting as there is nothing saying that one should not.

I am the Blacklist at: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1-post-67420.html#pid67420

Reasons for cheating: It was just a rush. I was not looking to score high. It was me, a program that accelerates the client program and I wonder what happens if I.....?

I do enjoy this game, it is quite fast compared to wolfenstein enemy territory.

Earlier I discussed with Lucas my finding when using a specific program, about game packet handling and all of that. Since I dont have time to look at the source and write a different routine for packet handling I simply gave my educated opinion on the subject. I would very much like to commute the sentance to less than the usual 3 months if possible.

I understand that Jamz does not normally do this. Which I feel sorry about. It was not my intention for people to feel hurt or pain over what I did. I understand the consequences of cheating. Nor was my cheating an attempt at anyway to seem superior or humiliate other people. If that was the case I am sorry.

One of the IRC members said that it might be possible remotely if I downloaded a "demo". As of yet, I have not found this demo on the forum and would be interested in complying in any way with the powers that be.

The program I used is in no way a means of gaining unauthorized access in any form to any given computer and only accelerates the client program. Thus I was not involved in anything illegal.

This post does not mention the program I used as per forum rules to discourage cheating. That has already been discussed with Lucas, and another member in communication with Jamz.

What I did not discuss was my initial treatment when I tried to talk to Jamz on IRC. I dont feel I need to escalate the situation. I never said anything derogatory on the #assaultcube channel. It was my hope to have an audience with Jamz to talk with him about the subject.

I do understand that as owners of AssaultCube, you do get to set the rules and what is said goes. It is just my hope that I may alleviate any hard feelings about the situation.

Peace,
w00+

Mod edit: Little fix (now I know is not needed) with links.
Thanks given by:
Well said, but when it comes down to it, the decision will come down to the individual server owners. In your case I think you should at least come off the CBL.
Thanks given by:
It is good that you are sorry for cheating.
It still does not seem likely that your ban would end any sooner than other cheaters.
However, your attitude is appropriate and makes me hopeful that you won't give anyone other reasons to ban you.
Thanks given by:
How many time a cheater stays there?
Thanks given by:
only jamz could give a really reliable numerical value, but I sense your question was rhetorical.
Thanks given by:
Thank you and I appreciate your posts Viper and V-Man.

It is my hope that my plea will be considered.

JackRock*
Yes, most people have trouble believing a cheater could change. If that were the case, then bans might be permanent in games if people did not change.

It is a time that we have approached where people realize nothing is wholly light or wholly dark and that there is much in between. To say there is only Truth and besides that only Lies would bring us back to the dark ages.

In the end it is generally the oil of our insecurities that tends to drown out any light that we sometimes shine. The oil being harder to miss, being more dense and understandable to people. Such is the way of the world and the current paths of perception.

Though we cannot change people perceptions, we can give them room to work out what they feel. If I have wronged you in some way, I am sorry. I understand there are a lot of people out there that make you feel like they cannot be trusted. I cannot change that, except show change through my own behaviour.

One, by in good faith owning up to my misteak.
Two, by explaining ways that may help to prevent future exploits from my experience.
Three, by being sorry for what I did. Also, by showing that I am willing to abide by the rules of the game.

Peace,
w00+
Thanks given by:
Please keep this cheater banned!
How long its up to server owners but i beg you to keep cheaters banned at least 6 months.
Thanks given by:
They say their sorry just to get off the blacklist, in reality they aren't can couldn't give two shts and will return to their cheating ways.
Thanks given by:
It Wasn't rhetorical, it was an honest question, as for w00+ I do believe people can change, but you will always be labeled as one, even I'd you do change
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 11, 02:31AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Please keep this cheater banned!
How long its up to server owners but i beg you to keep cheaters banned at least 6 months.

I realize you banned me DES|OpenSource. I understand it did not make you feel good. For this, I am sorry. However, seeing that you do not have an objective nature, I have no desire to join your server again. As I recall it was called {TyD} Pennywise. As long as you call it that I will never join that server.

All server owners have say over their own servers. You could ban me indefinately if you like. I was completely forthcomming about the situation what I did and that I am sorry. I will not reduce the conversation to whining. I think we can all be our best here. No one knows what we are wearing right now.

So, your discussion is a bit off topic because this is in reference to the BlackList. This is not regarding an individual server.

(03 Sep 11, 02:56AM)Shorty Wrote: They say their sorry just to get off the blacklist, in reality they aren't can couldn't give two shts and will return to their cheating ways.

You are right in as much as can be determined what side one butters ones bread on. I have poured out what I have to give. Given the circumstances I realize you might have a thing for cheaters... Or have it IN for cheaters. No, cheating is not fair to people. Most people do it to be a prick. Thats why you are right about most people who cheat.
However, I am not. I will be the judge of that because I made concessions to apologize.

As for whats already been said, I feel that the people making the decision might be more impartial. If you dont want me to join your server tell me the name and I will stay off it. Even though I will be playing fairly now.
I think that is fair enough for anyone who is biased against a previous cheater.

(03 Sep 11, 04:19AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: It Wasn't rhetorical, it was an honest question, as for w00+ I do believe people can change, but you will always be labeled as one, even I'd you do change

I agree with you in as much as politics plays an ugly part in human history. No where else do more people think they are 100% right than in politics. I mean at least if you pick a religion you can say, "Hey, I have made my choice". With politics it gets milled around and dug up and smeared later. So, with respect to what you said jAcKRoCk*, you are right but that covers the field of politics.

I dont plan to run for any political offices in the game, in real political office or anything remotely similar. So I think its quite fair to dismiss your claim.

To summarize, you guys did play hardball. However you can see I am already banned. I did explain my situation. However from your posts it clearly shows you want to beat me down. Currently I would never mingle with someone like that in real life. I understand you are upset. You have every right to be. If you dont want to play a fair game with me in the future and feel so strongly about it then PM me what server you will be playing on a day ahead if you feel that strong about it.

So, that also leaves the other cheaters who are now active and good citizens who play the game now. Are you going to get after them too? Will you try to not play with them also?

Even though I gave a heartfelt apology, whereas most cheaters could care less... I see how you are.
My final question to you is rhetorical. So then if people really do the right thing and apologize, is it really worth it?
It isn't looking like that, but I suppose there are not many like me.

It may seem that my reasoning is a bit rough. I am trying to be fair now. So since I have continually apologized. I think it only seems fair that since you feel so strongly about it to avoid your servers. I think that really is fair dont you?
Thanks given by:
I've reduced the ban by two days, so that OP doesn't feel he wasted his time.
Thanks given by:
ok, normally I would not even entertain listening to such drivel from a cheater but if you must labour the point I have a question. Exactly what is it you are sorry for?

Sorry you got banned?
Sorry you got caught?
Sorry you didnt know the ban would last so long?
Sorry you were unable to convince us you were sincere?
Sorry you cheated?
Sorry you came back in the server?
Sorry you logged on that day?

So much you could be sorry for....
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 11, 05:59AM)w00+ Wrote:
(03 Sep 11, 02:31AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Please keep this cheater banned!

I realize you banned me DES|OpenSource. I understand it did not make you feel good. For this, I am sorry. However, seeing that you do not have an objective nature, I have no desire to join your server again. As I recall it was called {TyD} Pennywise. As long as you call it that I will never join that server.
It is actually my server. So people who ban cheats and dislike them don't have an objective nature? Best joke I've heard today.

(03 Sep 11, 05:59AM)w00+ Wrote: All server owners have say over their own servers. You could ban me indefinately if you like. I was completely forthcomming about the situation what I did and that I am sorry. I will not reduce the conversation to whining. I think we can all be our best here. No one knows what we are wearing right now.
You will remain banned for as long as it's necessary. But thank you for pointing it out by this post.
Thanks given by:
C4Ru$_3M said he was sorry, and that he was a changed player.
Now he is on the BL for loads of stuff.
EDIT: Just saying, people always say they have changed when they dont, most times.

(03 Sep 11, 02:56AM)Shorty Wrote: They say their sorry just to get off the blacklist, in reality they aren't can couldn't give two shts and will return to their cheating ways.
Thanks given by:
(03 Sep 11, 07:40AM)jamz Wrote: I've reduced the ban by two days, so that OP doesn't feel he wasted his time.

Thank You Jamz.

As for everyones reply to mine after the matter. You were a bit late in discussing it. The discussion is already over.

As for the hostilities I see after the fact. wow.
He was right, it would start a riot. So, with regards to the angry posters: Stay angry. Stay angry as long as you can. I don't have time to sit down and break the ins and out of human nature down for everyone. This would be like feeding a baby. If I had time I would spend time on each posters reply after the fact. But I dont have that time.

As I stated before, people tend to have set perceptions and generally see the negative.

Thanks given by: