AC 1.1 views
(26 Jul 10, 01:13PM)*GrZ|Sp!d3R Wrote: If I spectate during 45 seconds I am disconnect because the game consider me as AFK.

[Image: Square_Wheel_Tricycle.jpg]
Dang, brah.
Thanks given by:
http://gibstick.pastebin.com/MNRMhNKx
Thanks given by:
OK, thx, so in essence the carbine has the same power as the sniper. In terms of realism I think a regular semi-auto carbine rifle would be less powerful than this, but offer you a slightly higher rate of fire. Still like to see it do headshots...
Thanks given by:
@V-man
I just make a remark about a detail .
What is the problem?
Thanks given by:
I think he agrees with you, and yes Carabine Headshot or even better add carabine to T/OSOK
Thanks given by:
5p1d34
Importance was the case.

I-know-truth
He was making reference to 'red headed step child' and then 'Dang, brah' was his 'Dont have a Cow Man' -Bart Simpson
so no, he was just being DES'ish
Thanks given by:
LOL, aye, the situation you brought up reminded me of the tricycle in the picture. I'm sympathizing with you.
Thanks given by:
Giving the carbine headshot abilities, or adding it to tosok would both render the sniper rifle pretty much obsolete... It will stay the way it is: tosok and headshots only with the sniper rifle.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 01:13PM)*GrZ|Sp!d3R Wrote: "The Spectating Mode" and "The automatic disconnection when we are AFK"

But the two don't work together.

Yes. They are not intended to work together.
1) Spectate mode was created to be used with the MATCH mode.
2) AFK autokick was create to kick the players in the OPEN mode (a.k.a, pubs) for their lack of teamplay and consideration to their teammates.

Anyway, the server owners can change the AFK threshold with the -kA server switch.
Thanks given by:
score system sucks. makes depot ctf a tdm match.
Thanks given by:
and how it works ? :/
imho it's better to have only flags, frags and death column, with no ration, just this 3 things...
Don't make the game to complicated with points column, ratio, etc. :'(
Thanks given by:
how many time auto-kick work after be afk? that will be good
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 02:32PM)Gibstick Wrote: http://gibstick.pastebin.com/MNRMhNKx
I read about that new combat pistol, is that in the 1.1 test build? I haven't seen it if it is.
Thanks given by:
It was in a few SVN revisions but it got taken out. It's not in the 1.1 alpha.
Thanks given by:
It was just an idea. We decided it would take too long to properly balance it right now.
Might come later or not.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 11:27PM)makkE Wrote: Giving the carbine headshot abilities, or adding it to tosok would both render the sniper rifle pretty much obsolete... It will stay the way it is: tosok and headshots only with the sniper rifle.

But makke, what if you made the carbine less powerful? A carbine is a short barrel, low-velocity rifle, so in fact would be much less powerful than a high-velocity sniper rifle. That, and the lack of scope, in my view, would still make the sniper attractive for its purpose, that of long-range sniping. The carbine would then fit in as a medium range, medium-powered gun, with the chance of getting headshots, if you are able...
Thanks given by:
uni... it's simply not intended to make headshots...
Thanks given by:
I'm not really big on a headshotting carbine, but I reckon it could be made work pretty well. The first thing I would do is make carbine HS count as a normal frag, and then do some other tweaks (reduce damage and so on), but I personally like the carbine better when it's good even when you don't hit the head.

However, I really would like to see the carbine made the (T)OSOK weapon (even just to try it out), would make the game much more faster paced.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 10, 10:26PM)uniJ00$ Wrote:
(26 Jul 10, 11:27PM)makkE Wrote: Giving the carbine headshot abilities, or adding it to tosok would both render the sniper rifle pretty much obsolete... It will stay the way it is: tosok and headshots only with the sniper rifle.

But makke, what if you made the carbine less powerful? A carbine is a short barrel, low-velocity rifle, so in fact would be much less powerful than a high-velocity sniper rifle. That, and the lack of scope, in my view, would still make the sniper attractive for its purpose, that of long-range sniping. The carbine would then fit in as a medium range, medium-powered gun, with the chance of getting headshots, if you are able...

I haven't been practicing for 4 months with sniper for it all to become pointless, maybe a headshot could do more damage then a body shot, but certainly not a one shot one kill scenario.
Thanks given by:
For reasons I just stated it doesn't make the Sniper rifle pointless.
Thanks given by:
Uni: Reality is of no big concern in AC. The carbine is the way it is, because that way it's quite diffrent from all other guns in terms of handling. How such type of gun behaves in reality is rather irrelevant.

Ac only has a few guns that each are supposed to have their distinctive roles.
Thanks given by:
Hence why we need the rocket propelled chainsaw! It would have a VERY unique role!
Thanks given by:
It is not so foolish as it sounds. In Canada, I hear, it has saved lives.
Thanks given by:
I still find some things are missing:

what i like in other games, for example CSS there is the icon of wich weapon the player used to kill the enemy. for example when u hs someone: You (Headshot picture) unarmed
& yes i know i'm pretty late telling this xd
Thanks given by:
The rocket propelled chainsaw could be a powerup :D
And for saving lives, link pl0x.
Thanks given by: