AC 1.1 views
i'm sure everyone has been reading about the new updates for the 1.1 AC.
as i was reading i see soooooo many nice new features, less bandwidth, new fonts, A NEW GUN even. but i noticed this...

"4.c) nade gib worths only one point (less players running with nades at hand)"

1 point! does that mean the only way to get 2 point gibs is to headshot with the sniper?
Thanks given by:
Yes, indeed. Nades are still useful.
Thanks given by:
My opologies everyone, after more thought on this subject i feel that if the nades do the same amount of damage its fine.

there will still be blood and chunks though right?! i'm not into this "OMG! Ponies!" mode. thats for lame people!
Thanks given by:
With the way armour is now a nade right under you at 100hp and 100 armour will not kill you. But nade damage is unchanged :D
Thanks given by:
also, does anyone know what the carbine looks like yet?
or is it a secret like, "i could tell you...but i would have to kill you" kind of secret.
Thanks given by:
Get the alpha and test for yourself.
Thanks given by:
Where is the alpha available from?
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-328.html
Thanks given by:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/actiongame/files/
Thanks given by:
Knife = 2 points
Thanks given by:
I thought 1.0 sucked at first, but after i got used to the in fact quite minor changes, it was cool.

Now its like another game whatsoever, and i dont think i'll get used to it :/
sum other ppl will second me on this :D
Thanks given by:
Thx :)
uni luv u
Thanks given by:
nice to see you back btw ;)
Thanks given by:
Thx and I'm glad you're still here. :)
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I liked it. Nades have been killed a bit too much though. 1 per pickup is good, but gib should still be 2 pts I reckon. Shotgun gib is maybe pointless. Liked the carbine. It's kind of like a long range shotgun. Sound of it could be improved. Would also like a teeny bit higher rate of fire, and even more importantly, the headshot capability. Like the new fonts and like the new voice (that doesn't sound like a Swiss student that spent an erasmus year in Canada any more). Like the helmets and armor thing. Points system looks good but I don't understand it at all. The spectator mode is a brilliant addition. Still missing the end of game accolades. Maybe next time... Thx for all the work btw, uni luv u x
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 10, 11:39PM)uniJ00$ Wrote: (that doesn't sound like a Swiss student that spent an erasmus year in Canada any more)

Thank you, but I'm german and learned my english in school. You just try to record some voice coms, and then let's see how you sound...

Noone has volunteered yet to make better ones, I know my voice is not too suitable, but until noone offers something better, we are stuck with this. So get your mic out, or stop complaining.
Thanks given by:
LMAO
I thought the voicecoms sounded great! Props to you, MakkE.
(And yes, I am the kind of guy who would record my own if I didn't like the current ones, so the fact that I haven't is a great compliment.)
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 10, 11:49PM)makkE Wrote:
(25 Jul 10, 11:39PM)uniJ00$ Wrote: (that doesn't sound like a Swiss student that spent an erasmus year in Canada any more)

Thank you, but I'm german and learned my english in school. You just try to record some voice coms, and then let's see how you sound...

Noone has volunteered yet to make better ones, I know my voice is not too suitable, but until noone offers something better, we are stuck with this. So get your mic out, or stop complaining.

Sorry dude! I didn't mean it personally. They were really good. It's an unbelievable job you did. I wasn't complaining, just saying the things that had imoproved. You obviously have a kind of Germanic/American mixed accent. Nothing wrong with that. No offence intended.
Thanks given by:
I didn't even pick up the German part, but the voicecoms do remind me of Zarj when he tried to get us talking about ice cream over skype at night ^^
Thanks given by:
Quote:Zarj: Hey guys, do you like ice cream?
JMM: I was thinking about the AC world cup...
Zarj: My favorite is rocky road! What's yours?
JMM: Uh... I don't know. Banana split?
Zarj: I got one!
JMM: You got a banana split?
Zarj: Affirmative
JMM: This is actually kind of making me hungry.
Zarj: good job, team!
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 01:10AM)DES|V-Man Wrote:
Did this conversation actually take place, or is it indeed just a clever ruse?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 02:33AM)JMM Wrote:
(26 Jul 10, 01:10AM)DES|V-Man Wrote:
Did this conversation actually take place, or is it indeed just a clever ruse?

All just a not-so-clever ruse. But I appreciate the thought.
Thanks given by:
:D
I was hoping JMM would go along with it! XD
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 10, 09:46PM)Gibstick Wrote: With the way armour is now a nade right under you at 100hp and 100 armour will not kill you. But nade damage is unchanged :D

ok so now :
only 1 nade / pick up
spawn time increased to 12 sec
1 point / nade gib
and a nade may not kill you even if it's under you

Imo saying nades are still useful is like saying you can rush with shotgun...
Yeah it's true, but how much useful :/
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 10, 09:41PM)mykegregory Wrote: My opologies everyone, after more thought on this subject i feel that if the nades do the same amount of damage its fine.

there will still be blood and chunks though right?! i'm not into this "OMG! Ponies!" mode. thats for lame people!

Actually, it's actually quite useful for when my parents are home. They hate the blood and gore stuff in games.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 10, 09:41PM)mykegregory Wrote: there will still be blood and chunks though right?! i'm not into this "OMG! Ponies!" mode. thats for lame people!

for your information, those blood and chunks are human bodies, respect them

and i tell you what would be really really cool, a pony skymap!!
weeeeee weeeeeeee

*goes and plays with pony toys..as real men dream about
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 10, 11:49PM)makkE Wrote:

I don't know what they're bitchin' about. Tbh, yours kick ass.
Thanks given by:
I appreciate two interesting things on the alpha version.
"The Spectating Mode" and "The automatic disconnection when we are AFK"

But the two don't work together.
If I spectate during 45 seconds I am disconnect because the game consider me as AFK.

Maybe you can disable "AFK disconet" when a player is in Spectate mode ?
Thanks given by:
Just noticed AR now carries 20 rounds. Makes it more interesting, but I'd like to see the damage stats for the weapons.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 10, 02:01PM)uniJ00$ Wrote: Just noticed AR now carries 20 rounds. Makes it more interesting, but I'd like to see the damage stats for the weapons.
Definitely
Thanks given by: