Warning : master server registration failed: failed pinging server
Alright so every time I try starting my server, I keep getting this error message. Warning : master server registration failed: failed pinging server. I've asked couple of guys on the iRC chat to help me out but they weren't able to figure it out either. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Btw, I use a Mac book. Also, if possible, can anyone help me by using teamviewer? <~~ If that's easier
Thanks given by:
Here's some helpful information I found using the SEARCH FACILITY.
Thanks given by:
I already searched everywhere for the answer... I'm still not sure of how to fix this problem. Can I Pm someone my teamviewer Id and pass so that they can tell me what I did wrong?
Thanks given by:
Your Q about "adding maps" already showed you don't seem to be willing (or able?) to take the plentitude of answers and work on the solution yourself - you seem to be one of those people we regularly get here that seem to think "take me by the hand" is a valid way of getting stuff done in their lives. It's not .. at least not once you're past the age of 9 and can cross the street safely on your own.
RTFM dude - RTFM.
The site you most probably need a link to now is portforward.com where you need to find the documentation for your specific brand of router and then establish the proper rules for your LAN-setup.
In light of your reluctance to work through these sorts of issues on your own I'd wager you're not someone capable of keeping their own box safe from attack from the interwebs - so I highly recommend that you stop wanting to host your own server - there are (more than) enough out there already.
Sorry, this was a bit harsh, I know - but really - both these threads so fit this archetype of person we get every now and again .. so it's nothing personal in my replies - but it's more of a general-comment on this sort of attitude.
The information is available, if you can't make it work on your own - or at least come to use with something better than asking for "take me by the hand" - like saying "I tried this switch, but the result was ... - why?! What did I miss?" ... that'd be a lot better. It'd show you actually did put some energy into it already; currently it seems like "I want to lay back and stick feathers in my cap that somebody else gave me as a gift".
Thanks given by: