cannot view unoffical map list
erverytime i open the maplist thengo to all maps ac crashes and then a prompt shows up sayin WIN32 Exception:0xc0000005 [0x0] can you please help
Thanks given by:
There can post any time you have a problem you have to expect the devs, you can help
Thanks given by:
I believe this issue has to do with the "menudirlist" CubeScript command, along with having too many custom maps in /packages/maps/ for it to read. My only suggestion would be backup all of your maps, and remove some maps from /packages/maps/ and trial and error test AC until it works properly.

This problem will of course be fixed ASAP.
Thanks given by:
i get that issue but with a 8 on the end?
Thanks given by:
Was their any more to the error message? I got a similar one recently:
[Image: maperror.jpg]
I finally found that the problem was that I had a backup version of the map which had the extension '.cgzalt' and I fixed it by removing the backups from the map folder.
Here is the original report, if you need more info: http://forum.cubers.net/post-51832.html#pid51832
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 11, 06:07PM)Cloud Wrote: erverytime i open the maplist thengo to all maps ac crashes and then a prompt shows up sayin WIN32 Exception:0xc0000005 [0x0] can you please help

an easier way of playing different maps is it u type /mode and the first 1-5 letters of the map name and press tab untill u find the map that u want

note that tab button auto-compiles map names(if a mode is written first) or commands if u just keep holding down tab :D
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 11, 10:48PM)Iguana Wrote:
(04 Jul 11, 06:07PM)Cloud Wrote: erverytime i open the maplist thengo to all maps ac crashes and then a prompt shows up sayin WIN32 Exception:0xc0000005 [0x0] can you please help

an easier way of playing different maps is it u type /mode and the first 1-5 letters of the map name and press tab untill u find the map that u want

note that tab button auto-compiles map names(if a mode is written first) or commands if u just keep holding down tab :D

That might take a while if you've got that many maps.
Thanks given by:
You most probably simply have too many maps stored. I suggest you do a backup, or start getting used to typing it manually.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 11, 01:44AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: You most probably simply have too many maps stored. I suggest you do a backup, or start getting used to typing it manually.

Nah too many maps don't crach your client, it make you lag (5-10s sometimes) and disc from your curent server on AC but that's not the problem.

Thanks given by:
(06 Jul 11, 02:10AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(06 Jul 11, 01:44AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: You most probably simply have too many maps stored. I suggest you do a backup, or start getting used to typing it manually.

Nah too many maps don't crach your client, it make you lag (5-10s sometimes) and disc from your curent server on AC but that's not the problem.

Actually, Wolf is right, as explained earlier in the thread.
The client can't handle loading too many maps.

I used to have this problem, but I cleared out my maps folder and now it works fine.
Thanks given by:
Not everyone has super computers Exodus :) My last old Windows PC used to always crash when I opened the map list, back then I was too ignorant to know that you simply had to do a backup, but thanks to that situation I got used to typing it manually.
Thanks given by:
Everytime I alt+tab I get this.
[Image: capturexb.png]
Thanks given by:
The map list crash should be fixed in SVN now.
That "too many maps" thing brought me on track, although it's wrong ;)
Thanks given by:
Mind enlightening us? Or do I have to check the diffs?

CIA Wrote:[10:42am] CIA-3: actiongame: sireus * r6557 /trunk/ac/source/src/menus.cpp: fixed crash in 'all maps' maps menu
<3
Thanks given by:
The crash happened when it failed to read the map (no read permission, damaged file,...), so when it tried to show the description, it was a NULL pointer and...

I found that out when I flooded maps/ with empty .ogz files (to find out if the crash was due to "too many maps").
Thanks given by:
well its been fixed after i read buks message about too much maps and its worked also when i leave coop servers sometimes it has an error like that and when i screenshot
Thanks given by:
To stop it from crashing when taking a screenshot, just change the screenshot's format with: /screenshottype
Thanks given by: