How can I resize the game?
I am using windows xp and when i try and resize the screen is does not work . please help
Thanks given by:
Press ESC to open the menu, then Settings -> Video Settings, change "Screen width" and "Screen height" to your likings, then click on "Apply now".
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 11, 11:46AM)tempest Wrote: Press ESC to open the menu, then Settings -> Video Settings, change "Screen width" and "Screen height" to your likings, then click on "Apply now".
i cant acces that because when you first open assault cube and then when i add a username and as soon as i click ok it does not open and comes up with an error and i know the error is that i cannot have anything on full screen for my laptop so i want to resize before i click the ok button.
Thanks given by:
See the commandline docs for information on how to launch AC with a set screen resolution. A simple way to add switches is:
1. right click on your AssaultCube shortcut
2. add the switches to the very end of the Target box outside all quotes.

For example, you might want

"C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4\assaultcube.bat" -w800 -h600
Thanks given by:
/screenres width height
Thanks given by:
Open your AssaultCube config folder. Open init.cfg for editing.
Change the line that starts "fullscreen" to
fullscreen 0
In-game, once you've closed the error notification dialog, type
/fullscreen 1; screenres 1024 768; resetgl
(if your laptop monitor is 1024x768.)

You may wish to bind all of that to a key in autoexec.cfg so you can just press it and be on your way. For example,
bind BACKQUOTE [fullscreen 1; screenres 1024 768; resetgl]

To keep the settings in place (i.e., so that you don't have to keep editing init.cfg each time you play), open autoexec.cfg for editing. Add this at the bottom:
add2alias onQuit [fullscreen 0; scr_w 800; scr_h 600]

HTH
Thanks given by:
resetgl is redundant after fullscreen or screenres
Thanks given by:
Your pure, virgin Linux hands may have convinced you of that, but the Windows harlot requires the redundant resetgl if you want to see the changes applied!

genithebest Wrote:I am using windows xp
This also implies that our OP will not be able to use the /screenres command.
Thanks given by:
That's what the doc ref implies, but I use /screenres aaaaaallll the time. (on XP, obviously)
Am I a lone freak?
Thanks given by:
Amazing. I never thought to directly defy the default docs.
It does work on WinXP for me as well (but I still have to manually resetgl :-P).
Thanks given by:
Yeah am on XP too hehehe
Thanks given by:
Also happy birthday V =)
Thanks given by:
Thread hijacking FTW <3
When you gonna do that lapdance you promised, GD?
Thanks given by:
You missed it, the beer can just went past it ;)
Thanks given by: