Poll: Do you like green apples?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.50%
30 62.50%
No
37.50%
18 37.50%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Apollo's experiment to make a total silly thread
(09 Jun 11, 03:07AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Yes I do. I like the sour taste gushing down my throat.

Thats what she said
Thanks given by:
(08 Jun 11, 09:11PM)hamolton Wrote: Only kinda belongs in offtopic...
^
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 11, 07:34PM)macm Wrote:
^
^^
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 11, 08:52PM)hamolton Wrote:
^
^^
^^^
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 11, 09:21PM)Lantry Wrote:
^
^^
^^^

^^^^
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 11, 09:25PM)hamolton Wrote:
(09 Jun 11, 09:21PM)Lantry Wrote:
^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
...|||....

Look! a Christmas tree!
Thanks given by:
aw, I thought we were gunna keep it going :(
Thanks given by:
All good things must come to an end somewhat like how AC is going to die because the map restrictions will choke the life out of it until nobody wants to map and then we won't have any maps to play on and everybody will leave ac and the devs will cry because there isnt anyone left to oppress and their tears will slide down the table and short out the heat lamp and they will bring back king neptunes crown and mr krabs will be saved.
Thanks given by:
@hamolton, Lantry:
the no-fun guys Wrote:do not engage in quote-spamming
Thanks given by:
@ Lantry's last post. hilarious <3

@ tempest's post. Enforcing bad rules while allowing a thread like this to live(outside of off-topic)?
[Image: Trollface_Ditto_by_LoRd_CoNNoR.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you check above, I didn't enforce it ;P
Thanks given by:
@lumpaz, Lantry
tl;dr
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 11, 09:39PM)Lantry Wrote: All good things must come to an end somewhat like how AC is going to die because the map restrictions will choke the life out of it until nobody wants to map and then we won't have any maps to play on and everybody will leave ac and the devs will cry because there isnt anyone left to oppress and their tears will slide down the table and short out the heat lamp and they will bring back king neptunes crown and mr krabs will be saved.

YOU NOOB!!! STFU!!! PLAY AC!!! QUIT TALKING!!! YOU SOUND DUMB!!!

topic - Yes, Green apples are far superior then the Red ones. Although I enjoy them both the same.

Thanks given by:
(10 Jun 11, 02:57AM)vern Wrote: topic - Yes, Green apples are far superior then the Red ones. Although I enjoy them both the same.

I bet you do.
Thanks given by:
I'm hungry now.
Thanks given by:
Off-topic or close, perhaps?
Thanks given by:
I like the rotten apple at the end of the basket, that being a greyish-blue apple...
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 11, 06:29PM)Lantry Wrote: No, because any mappers who might have mapped but were dissuaded by the requisites would still be making crappy maps. We might feel the effects of these restrictions later, but right now it hasn't had any impact.

I thought this was about apples.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 01:47PM)Cemer Wrote: I thought this was about apples.
It is, but what with all the various threads about maps and mapping, poor Lantry (and, indeed, others) got a bit confused over which thread was which.
I'd have closed most of the threads and rolled them into the minimum number required to discuss your map restriction/quality opinions, but it seems over 1/3 of respondents think the moderation here is already too strict, so my hands are somewhat tied.

I only like green apples, by the way, if it's at all relevant.
Thanks given by:
I lol'd
Thanks given by:
(11 Jun 11, 03:01PM)jamz Wrote: I only like green apples, by the way, if it's at all relevant.

It is. Ty for teh explanation
Thanks given by:
A Poll Wrote:Red apples are oppressing human rights
>:(
Thanks given by:
Ok, I think that this experiment can be stopped now. So what we can learn from this and related threads?

If you want to have a thread with more than 50 replies and over 1000 views then just make a poll with a silly question.

It doesn't matter if the thread is already identified as to be offtopic or to be a joke - the people will continue to discuss.

You can discuss about everything - at the end someone thinks it has something to do with the map requirements. Really, we are only discussing green apples...

It seems to be a kind of a rule: At some point someone is using the term open source (or more indirect here) or human rights (here). If this would going longer then we probably would also get a post regarding the right of free speech... (really, it's all about apples...)

It seems also to be a kind of a rule: At some point someone is putting your subject in relation between the nationality/skin colors. If this would going longer then we probably would also get a discussion about racism between apples..

Be prepared that someone is doing useless quote spams (here, here, here, here and here).

Be prepared that some people think that one thread isn't enough to answer your question or discuss all related aspects. That's the reason why we have also this thread, this thread, this thread and this thread(and of course the x-th discussion about map requirements, weapon balancing, grenade launchers etc).

Be prepared that if you have successfully taken the attention away from someone else and his silly posts then he will start one more poll to stop your silly post and get this attention back.

Additional conclusion:
I wouldn't be surprised if there are already some social studies which can confirm one or more of the statements above as a general rule. For now I would be glad if one or another is not making another stupid thread or another thread about something which has been already discussed to its end. And eat some fruits.

For the mods:
I think we can close this and related threads and move them to offtopic now. And as a side note: It doesnt matter if you reacting fast and hard or slow and moderate, there are always people complaining (samples are in this thread too).
Thanks given by:
So i guess the poll's kinda useless now..?
Thanks given by:
This is very poor output, apple thread was mostly taken as troll stuff related to mapping threads (restrictions) and allowed existence was interpreted as unbalanced moderation (hence human righs), someone take is as fun and someone free opportunity to troll.

I would try some technical thread and related to the game. For example about the map restrictions and their future.
Thanks given by:
No, this was about apples, remember? GJ proving his points lul.
Thanks given by:
I think you have in moderation part of forum, " we will do a thread about apples and let them to discuss about apples", am i right ? :D
Thanks given by:
I agree with alien, the reason people (including myself) talked about those things is because it is a joke thread. We aren't confused; I knew exactly which thread I was in when I posted. I was posting about map restrictions because I recognized that this thread was poking fun at hellspell's poll about whether or not map restrictions are killing maps (or w/e it was).
However, you are right about one thing: people will talk much more about something silly than about something serious, mainly because you don't have to think at all before posting an offtopic post (though it sometimes seems people don't think before posting an ontopic post either).
Thanks given by:
TL;DR: The amount of spam these forums generate is unbearable.
Closed at OP's request.

[Image: thumbsups.gif] Thankful people: RR, Apollo{TyD}
Thanks given by: