Any musicians here?
(09 Apr 11, 03:27PM)Sepehr Wrote: I used to play the keyboards but now I'm a successful vocalist.

It's true, one of the best singers I ever heard.

Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 04:46PM)Lightning Wrote: I also do vocals for the imaginary band in my head which likes composing epic music while looking out of windows.

I really want to get into... turntables etc. Maybe some day :)

I've had TONS of awesome rock out sessions in my head while I fingerboard over the mountains with one eye closed.
Turntables! -- I have a free demo program called OTS Audio. Not the best, I'm sure there are others out there - but it introduces you to the concept. You could use it to record if you know how to run an internal feed.
I'm going to try to go this route this month. I'm composing my first song with Reason. *gulp* we'll see how it goes.
Thanks given by:
I can knock the door with rithm does that count??
Thanks given by:
@V-Wifey: IIRC, isn't OTS a default program on iMacs? Personally, I decided first I'm going to expand my style of guitar and then get into proper stuff. Dubstep remixes FTW :D

Good luck with your song, I'd love to hear it when it's done :)
Thanks given by:
I cannot say I am a musician, but I can say I am an artist. I play the guitar and sing. For 5 years we compose our own songs but also play som cover songs. Generally, we are a punk rock band (Not the sex pistol type). More like an MxPx/NOFX band. We compose songs about the current situation of our country (corruption, poverty and hypocrisy). I am a lame attempt at spam! Please spit on my shoes. TYVM
Thanks given by:
http://snd.sc/k3jKRF my sound(
in this year is the anniversary of death assaultcube 1.0.4 :(
Thanks given by:
Got an Award Sessionmaster today. It owns! I should probably get a rack unit to put it in though, lol.
Thanks given by:
Bass guitar for five years, not consistently, so I'm still mediocre. Played with the electronic organ a few years too.
Thanks given by:
I play percussion (cymbals, bass drum, etc.) and mallet instruments (vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, and glockenspiel, though I focus on vibraphone). I used to play trumpet though not any more.

This is a vibraphone for anyone that's curious:
[Image: M44.jpg]

And it sounds awesome at the hands of a good player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZt7VySrAEE

(note - Gary Burton is the best vibes player alive. I am not even 1/50th of how good he is)
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna push myself a bit this summer and try to come up with an okay riff/chord progression on an almost daily basis (on acoustic, because my acoustic skills are rough as ****)

Here's #1 http://soundcloud.com/megalodong/herp

Also, my real mic is with a friend, so the sound quality is TERRIBLE
Thanks given by:
O, I love vibraphone. :D An essential part of any good spyish lounge music. :P
Thanks given by:
(17 May 11, 03:07PM)Impaktd Wrote: I'm gonna push myself a bit this summer and try to come up with an okay riff/chord progression on an almost daily basis (on acoustic, because my acoustic skills are rough as ****)

Here's #1 http://soundcloud.com/megalodong/herp

Also, my real mic is with a friend, so the sound quality is TERRIBLE

Yeah quality was bad but I kinda dig it.
Thanks given by:
Playing guitar is much harder when you can't find a pick.

On another note (ba-dum tshhh), I can't seem to get singing and playing at the same time. I've been playing guitar for like a year and a half now, so I figure I should probably learn to do that. Any advice?

@Impakt'd: Trying to listen to that now, but my internet's pretending to be dial-up. Cool stuff. I like it :D
Thanks given by:
I just tried it and practiced. If you can't play a more complex part while singing, try just playing the roots of the chords and build up from there.
Thanks given by:
You guys finally caught me. I am actually the soul of Dave Brubek re-incarnated. OMFG WHY? I HATE JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

On a lighter note, Take 5 is rather catchy .... *hums*
Thanks given by:
Oh man, I just learned the baseline to that today on vibes. And yes it's super catchy.

Oh, and
Thanks given by:
i can play the trombone...does that count
Thanks given by:
trombone=instrument
hambone=detriment

BTW: I play a a lot of instruments too, none very well. I have been in 3 Death-Metal / Hardcore bands. I was rhythm guitar in one, drums in one, and vocals in one.
Thanks given by:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ghost-Owls...95?sk=info

one of the many bands i'm in. ^

i go to school for jazz performance and my main instrument is drum-set although i play a bit of piano.
Thanks given by:
Just built myself a little recording computer from parts lying around. I had to because unfortunately there were no free PCI slots in my main computer.

I need a slightly faster processor to run Cubase (SX2), but I should be recording some stuff soon.

Specs are (don't laugh): 950 Mhz Duron processor, 512MB RAM (2x256MB sicks), 80 GB HDD, and NETGEAR Wireless-G card. Graphics card is VIA ProSavageDDR. Got an Audiophile 24/96 in it though; good sound card, as far as the reviews and people I've spoken to say.
Thanks given by:
i play guitar
i plan on learning how to play octobass
Thanks given by:
(20 May 11, 08:28PM)CathodeRayTube Wrote: Oh, and
*snipped*

I played that for one of my trumpet exams. :)
I've played it for 6-7 years.

I also know a tad of guitar, alto sax, and piano.

And, I make music on ACID Xpress. :D

I've probably said this before in the thread, but I can't be bothered checking.
Thanks given by: