Gema Killing?
Controversy on this subject has been going on for a while, and the answer to your problem has been stated. Until there is an actual "gema" mode there won't be peace for people who want to play gemas, which I personally think are a waste of time!
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 04:30PM)Duckett Wrote: Until there is an actual "gema" mode there won't be peace for people who want to play gemas, which I personally think are a waste of time!
if you play a gema on HP's server he has something that makes you do no damage to other players, so i guess you could call that a gema mode. What's needed is for more people to use it.
Thanks given by:
It's a match. If you can kill people, do it. :D
Thanks given by:
i do, thank you very much. Seriously, it's a game designed to shoot other people (literally)
For me, it's always fun to get banned for killing people ingame D:
Thanks given by:
Well then you only have yourself to blame if you're getting banned. So what if it AC's an fps game, there's countless other servers you could go and shoot people on.
Thanks given by:
I don't think SKB cared about getting banned from a Gema Server.
Thanks given by:
Yes but why ruin other peoples game where you (sometimes) have to have skill to get it done fast?
Just shake your head and change the server.

If you cant jump properly enough to like gemas (yes, that was kind of an insult) then just say nothing and leave the server...
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 05:36PM)Hellspell Wrote:
(07 May 11, 04:30PM)Duckett Wrote: Until there is an actual "gema" mode there won't be peace for people who want to play gemas, which I personally think are a waste of time!
if you play a gema on HP's server he has something that makes you do no damage to other players, so i guess you could call that a gema mode. What's needed is for more people to use it.

that was a private custom server in 1.0:D long time gone
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 04:30PM)Duckett Wrote: Controversy on this subject has been going on for a while

Read my subtitle :P

Anyways has no one realized the truth to AC yet? Assaultcube is part of a group of First Person Shooters using the cube engine.

Now tell me (disregarding my last post), where does it say to kill people? Thus a Gema mode is plausible but whos going to code that? And also it would actually be pretty cool if every game mode had the additional mode of disabling team-killing.
Thanks given by:
I thought this quote pertains to this topic fairly well
(27 Feb 11, 04:05AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Hey gema peoples, I have something for ya!

Thrawn Wrote:
X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
Thrawn Wrote:sarah was playing in a gema, and there was this killer, and he said "you realize this is a first person shooter, right?
What did she say?
she said "yeah, its a first person... SHOOTER, not a first person KILLER"
lol
Thanks given by:
Exactly, you shoot, and if that bullet lands on a player too bad :)
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 10:16PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Thus a Gema mode is plausible but whos going to code that?

It's already been done. All that people who support gemas being played on their server need to do is ask for the code or whatever from HP (Im pretty sure it's on his server where it's used) and then there'd be no problem. People would go to their particular servers to play gemas and not worry or argue about being killed.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 01:11PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: Even if you are new to the game you will (hopefully) be able to understand what "God damnit Unarmed(17) stop that s**t! No kills in gemas!" mean. Sometimes added with a "if you want to kill, change the server!!"

Some newbies change their name before they start playing. It's on the first time startup menu.
Thanks given by:
Other examples rather than GEMA are:

- playing "only knife" on OSOK/DM/LSS mode
- disallow using the gun in the middle path in ac_desert/(T)OSOK
- making 360's spins after every kill

and probably more - I could imagine several other stupid "rules" like
"don't use nades anymore", "no use of armor - fight like a nude man" and some complicated flag scoring things.

What do people expect when they try to modify the gameplay in a way which it isn't supported? This MUST cause problems. New gamers who just entered such a server are getting always confused when they do what should be done in a FPS (I mean shooting) and got a flood of statements, voice coms and kick votes. And it's also pretty annoying when people doing attempts to modify a public game into a new game (mode), which can't be controlled effectively anyway.

GEMA might be a special case cause the maps aren't made to fit into a normal gameplay anyway. As far as I have learned in the past years these maps are for training purposes. Therefore these maps should be "played" in private (locked) servers only imo - the good thing on this solution: No interference from outside, no players who don't know what to do.

The other solution is to request a game code modification (once again) - but I'm sure that a GEMA support is not on the top rank of the Dev's todo-list (probably cause the maps aren't fitting into the "taking place in realistic environments" canon). That means that this has to be made by the GEMA players themselfs, like it happened in the past before as mentioned above.

Thanks given by:
lots of mixed opinions here...
Thanks given by:
EDIT: Quote removed by request.

Well, it is essentially, kicking people for killing people.
Thanks given by:
for me, i'm not necessarily kick them right away...
1st offence: inform or warn the killer
2nd - 4th offences: kick the killer (w/c gives him 3 chances)
5th offence: ban the killer

it's not that you should take gema killers seriously...
some players also tend to kill those killers as revenge, hence making themselves killers in the process...
Thanks given by:
This game mode adds more to the game play than the ones claiming its a FPS will ever imagine. Let them be out of gema servers and us will have all the lulz.

(17 May 11, 11:08AM)master_se7en Wrote: for me, i'm not necessarily kick them right away...
1st offence: inform or warn the killer
2nd - 4th offences: kick the killer (w/c gives him 3 chances)
5th offence: ban the killer

Thats the way to deal with this "problem", but ill add more. If you dont shoot back (as some might suggest) then itll be easier for NON-Admin players (who, remember, can cast a vote) to kick Gema killers or even ban. People who shoot back on purpose only make the n00b to shoot anywhere with no target whatsoever and therefore it might get ME killed when he respawns. Then i rage and kill the first one i see when i spawn, and so on and so forth. N00bs with no ammo tend to leave, not to type /suicide and continue killing. And that n00b will get kicked as hell be the only one to score frags. So, IMO
1: 1-3 Frags = advise/explain/kick
2: 3-5 frags = kick/ban
3: Nevar shoot back!
4: Press F1!

Forgot to mention Only Knife modes should be always asked first on tha chat, if you got no answer, you got not knife only! Very simple.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 05:36PM)Hellspell Wrote: if you play a gema on HP's server he has something that makes you do no damage to other players, so i guess you could call that a gema mode. What's needed is for more people to use it.

That gema mode was the server editted version with scripts.
Thanks given by: