Gema Killing?
What are your opinions, would you kick them or not?
Thanks given by:
well IMO Gemas are made for entertainment purposes only....also they are not my style so i really dont care what happens to the gemas or if they kill on them or not.
Thanks given by:
Of course they should be kicked. I mean, CLEARLY this is just a parkour game where the players have handheld propulsion systems and an advanced chat client, along with a bonus scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 02:17AM)Gibstick Wrote: Of course they should be kicked. I mean, CLEARLY this is just a parkour game where the players have handheld propulsion systems and an advanced chat client, along with a bonus scoreboard.

was that sarcasm? :P
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 02:17AM)Gibstick Wrote: Of course they should be kicked. I mean, CLEARLY this is just a parkour game where the players have handheld propulsion systems and an advanced chat client, along with a bonus scoreboard.

So true :P
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I couldn't help it. However, I do agree that GEMA killers should be kicked. All games have rules that should be followed.

Oh wait...
Thanks given by:
lol, I am very confused now. I just want other people views on it WITHOUT cryptic responses :P thanks
Thanks given by:
GEMA killers should be kicked.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 02:52AM)Gibstick Wrote: GEMA killers should be kicked.

ok, thanks :P. I just ran into someone today who didnt agree with that.
Thanks given by:
Sometimes people don't know its GEMA at first. Warn after the first kill. Kick on the 2nd. ;)
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 03:00AM)Nightmare Wrote: Sometimes people don't know its GEMA at first. Warn after the first kill. Kick on the 2nd. ;)

this someone who didnt agree with me was an admin. I got banned for arguing about it
Thanks given by:
There's no specific "general game" rule that says you should kick gema killers. So it's really up to the admin on that specific server or, if there isn't one the players playing in the server whether they want to kick the killer or not. The people in the server can do whatever they wish, it's still worth it to once in a while to enter a gema server and kill everyone with a shotgun.
Thanks given by:
I kill everyone in the gemas
Thanks given by:
As soon as there is a sanctioned "gema" mode, it would make sense to gasp in outrage at an assaultcube player fragging another assaultcube player.
Until then, it's nothing more than the discretion of server owners that should govern this, on each server separately. Discussing it here is inherently fruitless unless server owners themselves wish to notify the general public of their policy about gemas in their servers.
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 03:45AM)V-Man Wrote: As soon as there is a sanctioned "gema" mode, it would make sense to gasp in outrage at an assaultcube player fragging another assaultcube player.
Until then, it's nothing more than the discretion of server owners that should govern this, on each server separately. Discussing it here is inherently fruitless unless server owners themselves wish to notify the general public of their policy about gemas in their servers.

That would be awesome if the was an actual gema mode, but I cannot see how it would be able to restrict the maps loaded
Thanks given by:
Probably the same way it restricts maps loaded now?
Thanks given by:
If there is no specific mode that restricts me from killing people on gemas, then I shall continue! Actually I don't kill them too often unless I get killed a few times, then I go on a rampage >:D
Thanks given by:
In that case, ADD A GEMA MODE DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz
Thanks given by:
(07 May 11, 07:32AM)|LULZ|UmadBRO? Wrote: In that case, ADD A GEMA MODE DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz

I'll give you OVER 9000 internets if you manage to persuade the devs. GL! lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, a GEMA mode would solve this problem.
Thanks given by:
Why add a gema mode? There are tonnes of servers that'll go to quite a bother to disable it. :|

EDIT: I'm sure someone could just code it, to make a modded server or something...
Thanks given by:
like its hard for them to

add /gema mapname

with damage only on grenade jumps

hey but they probably have 100000 other anti gema
reasons that we petty earthlings cant grasp with our faulty minds.

I personally like gema killers cause a noob like me owns them in most gema maps.
There is nothing like making a gema killer rage quit after getting splattered or headshot more then 15 times in a row.
Thanks given by:
Orynge: someone has been there and done that, but they won't release source code without "GEMAs being officially allowed on the masterserver" or something. They had demands, that's all I remember.
Thanks given by:
GEMA killers should be
- kicked
- banned
- beheaded
- 4 pieced
- poisened
- put in a bowl of HCl
- shot
- buried in a flat grave
- digged out of the grave, thats the advantage of a flat grave
- shot again
- thrown down a bottomless pit

But thats just my opinion
Thanks given by:
Newbie A downloads and tries out AC for the first time, and ends up on a gema. He begins to shoot at every player he sees because he doesn't yet understand the idea behind gemas yet, and sees guns and other various weapons (this is a first person shooter - afterall), moments later:

Newbie B called a vote: kick Newbie A Reason: omgwtfbbqraaaaaage

Newbie A is almost instantly votekicked, and rage quits the game because of what he feels was unfair. Extreme case? Sure, but gema killers should not be punished, since there is no gema mode, and until there is one it's just an annoyance gema goers will have to endure.

Also, due to the nature of the whole concept behind them (usually quite visually unappealing maps, no shooting to kill (in a FPS?!), etc.), a gema mode will likely never see it's way into the official release. But nobody is stopping anyone from making their own mod for it and what not.
Thanks given by:
I still keep on to my opinion

Even if you are new to the game you will (hopefully) be able to understand what "God damnit Unarmed(17) stop that s**t! No kills in gemas!" mean. Sometimes added with a "if you want to kill, change the server!!"
Thanks given by:
My answer: "If you don't want to be killed, change the game!!"

...IMHO.
Thanks given by:
Bukz, in % there is more normal unappealing maps then there is unappealing gema maps in 1.1.

you probably didnt see brutus gemas or gibbed gemas which are all nicely done and even older maps like gema tarzan & gema parkour also look nice..these are just a few examples.

"no shooting to kill (in a FPS?!)"

FPS Obstacle Course is unrealistic? sure! but damn original.

Just my opinion.

I partially agree with the kicking part. There are many scenarios...

example some people understand basic english and still keep killing just because they can and want to see others getting pissed. Those are the "gema trolls" and i would do to them what slow old man said above... or splatter them away:D

Thanks given by:
I generally kick...

The people who vote in gemas.

Jk, I just change the map
Thanks given by:
yes i'd kick, if they want to kill then they should play on another server, or vote for something else
Thanks given by: