Nades rebound
I don't remember if this has been discussed before, but would it be possible that nades had a different rebound behavior depending on what they rebound off (wall vs player)?
If your nade rebounds off a close by player (for example if you're trying to throw a nade over a teammate's head, or if a teammate happens to pass in front of you while you're throwing a nade), you hear the "clunk" sound and the nade rebounds as if it had hit a hard surface (wall, ceiling)... and as you're close to the "hit", it's quite a powerful rebound, which is generally quite annoying to yourself and your teammates, and not very realistic (I know, who said AC was realistic?).
Would some kind of differenciated "soft" rebound be possible in such cases?
Thanks given by:
In Gnome under Linux, AC is described as a "realistic first-person-shooter". I assume it's a joke.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 01:07PM)Lumpaz Wrote: ...
Would some kind of differenciated "soft" rebound be possible in such cases?
good idea
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 01:53PM)Jack Wrote: In Gnome under Linux, AC is described as a "realistic first-person-shooter". I assume it's a joke.

Should be changed to pseudo-realistic.
Thanks given by:
Thank you for making this thread - I have thought this for soo long. So frustrating hitting a teammate in the head from far off and have it somehow rebound back to you like a bouncy ball.
Thanks given by:
Nice idea!
Does someone here know how to code this?
Thanks given by:
To be honest I never really thought of this. Great job bringing it up! I was wondering where the stick gernades are as well ;D
Thanks given by:
Also you could add a like 20 hp damage if you get hit by a nade, I assume that would hurt :P
Thanks given by:
pfft, maybe 1 hp.

and YEAH! When I throw a nade at a teammate, I want it to kill my teammate, not bounce back and kill ME!!
:D
Thanks given by:
haha idk about dmaaging a teammate .. just thin about it
vote to kick unarmed
f1 or f2
$aM: Reason?
DaRealRoky: Purposly throwing nades in the back of my head? I just got a bullseye target on the back of my head?

another thing to worry about with new players
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna piggy-back on this idea, and think how about get a semtex grenade like from mw2 (semtex=Sticky grenades) It would be a good idea, having a grenade stick to the wall or stick to a player.
Thanks given by:
Semtex lol.
F1!
And the different types of bounce would be great. I've suicided many times because I threw a nade into a teamate
Thanks given by:
I love it sticks into clipped areas, and walls if your right up next to it.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 01:53PM)Jack Wrote: In Gnome under Linux, AC is described as a "realistic first-person-shooter". I assume it's a joke.

It's realistic compared to Cube 1 & 2.
Thanks given by:
Another two things here, Akimbo guns? Or the Riot Shield.
Thanks given by:
I've always felt killing a player just by bouncing a grenade off of them was sketchy. I've done it in other games and always thought it was a cheap kill.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 10, 05:33AM)Mael Wrote: I've always felt killing a player just by bouncing a grenade off of them was sketchy. I've done it in other games and always thought it was a cheap kill.

However, I assume you'd prefer +1 kill over -1 kill and +1 death? :P
Thanks given by: