A Faker
Ok. i Do not remember what server i was on. I was playing Tosok in desert, then a player named Fuck joined the server. after fragging him multiple times he decides to call a vote to kick me. Reason: Fucker...? it failed thankfully, i said "you mad bro?" he then CHANGED HIS NAME TO MINE and called another vote to kick me. reason : fake/ name stealing... I was kicked.. i had a good 17 and 5 kill/death ratio. I normally do not mind trolls, but this set me on fire because i didnt know how to defend myself. i went back into that server and he did it again.. and again. WHAT.... THE... FUCK... now.... no complaints to the developers, this is great freeware, but is there a way the whole name changing could be fixed and permanent such as it is on the forums? mother of god i was so pissed because i did noting wrong and i was banned from the server after being wrongfully kicked multiple times by some bastard who was getting fragged left and right by me. The worst part... i didnt know how to kick him back, or how to get his I.P. now i will never know and it pisses me off even more.

Great game until that crap happened.. i hope that guy dies painfully IRL. WHAT A CHODE! lol your responses to this would be nice.. i need to go smoke a bowl. LATERZ
Thanks given by:
Ok. i Do not remember what server i was on. I was playing Tosok in desert, then a player named Fuck joined the server. after fragging him multiple times he decides to call a vote to kick me. Reason: Fucker...? it failed thankfully, i said "you mad bro?" he then CHANGED HIS NAME TO MINE and called another vote to kick me. reason : fake/ name stealing... I was kicked.. i had a good 17 and 5 kill/death ratio. I normally do not mind trolls, but this set me on fire because i didnt know how to defend myself. i went back into that server and he did it again.. and again. WHAT.... THE... FUCK...
now.... no complaints to the developers, this is great freeware, but is there a way the whole name changing could be fixed and permanent such as it is on the forums? mother of god i was so pissed because i did noting wrong and i was banned from the server after being wrongfully kicked multiple times by some bastard who was getting fragged left and right by me. The worst part... i didnt know how to kick him back, or how to get his I.P. now i will never know and it pisses me off even more.
Thanks given by:
The command to get his (partial) IP is: /whois cn
You can find the CN on the scoreboard.

To kick: /kick cn

People like that can be blacklisted, just go to the blacklist forum and follow the instructions there.
Thanks given by:
ya i guess it happens now and then but damn..idk why i just wanted to share my experience with the forum because that was a super downer although its in a way funny but really how can people be such douches? what was even more for the lulz is that it worked on his part. i love the blacklist idea and thanks for the info on retrieving ip.. im too lazy for the wiki(sorry wiki guru). yep, i was mad bro.
Thanks given by:
[Moved from "Clans and Wars" to "Blacklist" forum]
To view a player's IP, type /whois # (where "#" is their client number).
It's also a good idea to download a demo showing their exact behavior as evidence.

Don't get too upset about someone else's poor behavior. That's probably what he wanted.

[Merged from other post in "General"]
And please don't cross-post.
Thanks given by:
This imposter does sound like a massive chode, whoever he/she is. lolol.
they deserve my bagging.
Thanks given by:
Ya i cant even access that server anymore. Its ok.... there are plenty out there =]
also.. im also a little worried about joining a clan, because i dont want to be recruited by a fake and then get blacklisted myself =\
Thanks given by:
IMO most trolls are on the tosok servers...if u want to avoid him/her play on servers other than TOSOK 24/7
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 11, 06:24AM)flowtron Wrote: ...the slate already is filling up with feature-additions (stuff like AUTH).

Just don't hold your breath.
Thanks given by:
i wish there was a name registration. So you can register a name to match your ip, and if someone else tries to use it they cant. Also since it would be tied to ip's people can still use alias's if wanted.

Thanks given by:
But that Will fail i you have a dynamic ip like mine, but I gree with you
Thanks given by:
I believe that is what flowtron is talking about when he says 'AUTH', though it will probably use a password instead of relying on your ip.
Thanks given by:
/authserv auth Xenon Password
Like on IRC.
Thanks given by:
The game's syntax will probably be more like
/auth Xenon password

and Xenon... change your password. XD
Thanks given by:
V-Man, I think you have some psychological condition where you have to have the last word :P
Thanks given by:
No I...

shoot.
Thanks given by:
Yes, they have the Auth system almost all ready to go, but they are figuring out how to implement it. (Last I heard). Good job devs!

last word.
Thanks given by:
inb4lock:
[Image: 11724.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What would happen if someone autorised your nickname before you could? that would be completely stupid. I would be sadface if someone took my name permenantly
Thanks given by:
I'm sure someone can get CBL'ed for impersonating in that way. :P

Or spamming a million auth registrations.
Thanks given by:
True dat.
LUCKILY, nobody will ever want to impersonate me!
Thanks given by:
Says who, Frogulis?
Thanks given by: