The AssaultCube Awards [Idea]
just thought of a cool thing the community could do. not sure if you would all like it but its worth a try.

The AssaultCube Awards...

it would be like the bafta's, held every year.
you could have entries like most frags award, highest ranked (TyD ladder), best community input, clan of the year. It would be held on a server, a map could be made with a red carpet and a seating area, a stage for the award hand outs, speeches, the works!
and it would be great for inter clan friendships.

sorry if it seems like a dumb idea. just sounds good in my head.
What do you Think?
Thanks given by:
We can use Kaonic's Royal Carpet texture!
Thanks given by:
I think it would be good to have some non-serious/humourous awards in it as well
Thanks given by:
oh, by all means.
most suicides
forum troller of the year
Teabagger of the year (derp)
stuff like that!
Thanks given by:
most thought inducing nick of the year? i look forward to walk on the red carpet, shooting everyone.

now seriously, why not? ;D
Thanks given by:
the only problems i can think of are these...

server size (wont be able to have 50 people at the awards)
time zone (people would be attending in the morning and late at night)
Deaths/killings during the award ceremony (i'm watching you titiPT)
invite list (do we allow anyone to join or invite only)

aaaaand...
well, what food to have for the after party.
Thanks given by:
How bout a "most threads moved to offtopic" award?
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 10:13PM)MykeGregory Wrote: the only problems i can think of are these...

server size (wont be able to have 50 people at the awards)
time zone (people would be attending in the morning and late at night)

you could have just the people who are getting awards attend, then have someone stream it live/record it.
Thanks given by:
The better idea would to be to set up a server that is password protected, have everyone meet on an IRC channel and stream it all, then when the people nominated for each category connect to the server when their nomination comes up and announce the winner, they disconnect, go back to IRC
repeat
Thanks given by:
Or just hax server code to allow many people. Of course its hard to get a non-laggy server for that.

Or just make a montage?
Thanks given by:
Ewww... We already have a rave party montage (/troll). What else do we need?
Thanks given by:
Yo TyD I'm real happy for you, ima let you finish. But w00p had one of the best ladders of all time
Thanks given by:
(06 May 11, 05:10AM)Vermi Wrote: Yo TyD I'm real happy for you, ima let you finish. But w00p had one of the best ladders of all time

Baaaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Thanks given by:
We should make it a little more interesting. Rather than making it like graduation where some douchebag goes on stage and makes a speech that only a mother could possibly not even love, we should make it like dancing with the stars or American idol with teamspeak. Mykegregory is good with the guitar so thats covered and the nominees get to sing on stage and humor his (maybe her, idk) audience. As for dancing, the tea bag is not a good move unless you collide with someone in mid air, especially when it looks all sexual like. Catch my drift yet? I think it would be fun. Ill go first but either everyone will be entirely jealous or scared sh*tless and start ranting :P
Thanks given by:
Why do we need to make this ingame?
Thanks given by:
(06 May 11, 08:36AM)CicloN Wrote: Why do we need to make this ingame?

So some dick can frag me
Thanks given by:
Already trying to get banned eh, Vermi? :P
Meh, you still get a +1 for this though :L
(06 May 11, 05:10AM)Vermi Wrote: Yo TyD I'm real happy for you, ima let you finish. But w00p had one of the best ladders of all time

[ontopic]
(05 May 11, 10:13PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Deaths/killings during the award ceremony
[Image: pggk1rxx.pwb.gif]
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 11:43PM)DES|Halo Wrote: The better idea would to be to set up a server that is password protected, have everyone meet on an IRC channel and stream it all, then when the people nominated for each category connect to the server when their nomination comes up and announce the winner, they disconnect, go back to IRC
repeat

Interesting, that could work.

(06 May 11, 08:39AM)Vermi Wrote:

So some dick can frag me

LOST SOUUUULLSS!!11!!1!!1!!11. Yeah imma frag you ass. Smoothly
Thanks given by:
So we can make a cool map. lol.
But you raise a good point!

Thanks given by:
I really like this idea!

I have my ideas too, about logo and 3D model of the award...

Logo
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1844/acawards.png

Model
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/2706/awarde.jpg
Thanks given by:
F1! :D
Thanks given by:
F1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats looks class.
Thanks given by:
Nice andrez! Try to use a gaussian blur on the trophy. It seems a little pixelated.
Thanks given by:
I doubt he spent the most time on it ;)
Thanks given by:
But he tried, I'll give him that. :D
Thanks given by:
Don't forget the theatre map for the awards, though. But let's make a huge, like really vastly immense map. We can vote it as coop so the server allows it.
Entrance
Stage
Inside
View to the back
Bird's eye

I think Halo's idea is most feasible: to make an IRC channel exclusively for the event and we could try the streaming, but with so many views wouldn't it crash? If so, we could also try to streaming it in maybe 3 different locations, maybe by each host?

If not, what Drakas did in the 2010 ACWC of displaying any text in-game in IRC could be done if anyone else knows how to do this or if he's willing to contribute.

Thanks given by:
The demo file hosted somewhere should be just fine, IMO.
Thanks given by:
who should present it.
mabey MakkE?
Thanks given by:
So true. We should just record IRC.
In all honesty, it's much more exciting in-game. :D

We should go with Wolf's idea, and host the server in a 1.0 masterserver. :P

Also, different developers should present stuff.
Thanks given by: