BL/and arguments
Instead of combining "cheaters" and stupid clan arguments and impersonations, There should be a thread for each one, or thread for Cheaters, thread for within game arguments.

Also one thread instead of 3 threads for BL reports would be nice.

Within game arguments would consist of, so & so keeps spamming, saying bad words, basically anything that does not have to do with "cheating"

-Need Impersonation BL Report:
-Need anything that doenst have to do with cheating or impersonation Bl Report: ( of course a shorter name would be better lol )
-Need Cheating BL Report: ( kinda already done )

this would clean up posts in the wrong spots and organize better, also be easier to find specific incidents faster.

Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a good idea but would that not clog up the sticky thread space?
Thanks given by:
No there should not. If you need to discuss a blacklist you should be doing it elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
(02 May 11, 05:57PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Sounds like a good idea but would that not clog up the sticky thread space?

no it wont clog up the stickies space, theres already an ac bl report just at two more stickies for the other ones.

@Mael you think people would do that but they dont and they never will, they will always discuss it on the Ac forums. So since that will never change, making two new stickies for the other reasons of BL it will actually clean up random BL reports on the forum.
Thanks given by:
Agreed Mael.
Thanks given by:
how about this.....

Create the public form and let people fill in the details of blacklist

and public people or server owners will have what exactly they want.

I don't think that this forums is capable of doing it so devs may need to create other website ( since google offer forms and spreadsheet for free.....)

good idea?
Thanks given by:
Things that have nothing to do with impersonation or cheating souldn't be in the blacklist imo.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 11, 05:31PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: Create the public form and let people fill in the details of blacklist

and public people or server owners will have what exactly they want.

That's a great idea, and it's no coincidence that it's how things are set up right now! Of course, the form is on the first page of the blacklist thread, making it difficult for newbies to find and use, but people who are serious about posting on the blacklist thread are bound to see that there is a pattern to the posts (the ones that do it right, anyway).
Thanks given by:
Yet another BL angry thread... Seems to me that we've had quite a few of these recently.

V-Man I lol'ed especially on the whole first page of the thread thing. :D
Thanks given by:
apparently AC members are not fully understanding what i have suggested.

Ill try and simplify it for those that dont seem to want to broaden there minds.

- you have the AC BL report. ( that needs to be renamed to Cheating BL report) <- just for reports of cheating. ONLY

- add a new sticky for impersonations ( naming it Impersonations Reports ) <- just for impersonations.

- add a new sticky for spamming, being rude, bad language ( or anything that doeant have to do with cheating or impersonations ) <- just for spamming, being rude, bad language, etc. Report ( a better name would be great )

Since the ac community likes to put all of these in the AC BL report, it is hard to separate the, cheaters, laggers, bad language, and impersonations etc. But having THREE categories for these REPORTS, it will be easier to organize the BL threads and reports.

It would be nice if yall stopped thinking about what others have posted and relating it to this post, and try to understand that the poster has said or what the poster is trying to get across, before saying crap like that. Try to realize whether you like what the poster has said or suggested or not, that they are trying to help out AC, and the community.

Thanks given by:
[Image: pggk1rxx.pwb.gif]

F1
Thanks given by:
I am for both of these ideas, but the main issue is will the server owners be lazy, and just go to TyD's, or some other politically influenced blacklist, or will they take time to get reports from all three of these "Blacklist threads", As for this part I am confused, will there be three threads for reports, and one thread holding the data needed for the blacklists, and arguements, or will we have to go between all the threads, and drag/drop, or copy/paste.

And what about the political blacklists that some people don't bother to update, on a regular basis, and some cheaters still get to go around unpunished. In my opinion, we need a council to insert this into the game, and the cfg files you get when you start the game, and if possible, automatic updates.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 03:50AM)Duckett Wrote: I am for both of these ideas, but the main issue is will the server owners be lazy, and just go to TyD's, or some other politically influenced blacklist
It's never been political motivated, it's because of people like you that we are having such stupid arguments running around. Perhaps if you understood the real reasons you wouldn't be throwing dirt around.

A blacklist can be updated as little or as much as it wants to. It's always the individual server owner who decides what's get added on his blacklist. Except for the centralized blacklist, which is kept to keep abusers out of all servers.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 03:50AM)Duckett Wrote: I am for both of these ideas, but the main issue is will the server owners be lazy, and just go to TyD's, or some other politically influenced blacklist, or will they take time to get reports from all three of these "Blacklist threads", As for this part I am confused, will there be three threads for reports, and one thread holding the data needed for the blacklists, and arguements, or will we have to go between all the threads, and drag/drop, or copy/paste.

And what about the political blacklists that some people don't bother to update, on a regular basis, and some cheaters still get to go around unpunished. In my opinion, we need a council to insert this into the game, and the cfg files you get when you start the game, and if possible, automatic updates.

Ill try once more to explain it in more detail, Ac players dont like changes, and within that they dont try there hardiest to see things from dif points of views.

As i have written above, 2 report threads and one BL report thread ( for cheaters) there is a difference between them.

In the recent threads going around people have wanted a council to determine what should go in the BL reports and what shouldn't. Stupid idea it would never work. Also some have said that only Cheaters should be in the Bl reports. ( i agree )

Now since most people agree that only cheaters be in the BL report, if you make a sticky just for Cheaters that will clear that up.

for the other reports, such as impersonations, spamming, rudeness within ac game etcetc. there should be a separate sticky for them.

what i said above is:

- One sticky for Cheaters.
- One for Impersonations.
- One for the combination of spamming, rudeness, bad language, tking, etc.

So that would make Three separate threads for "reports".

and duckett for: "As for this part I am confused, will there be three threads for reports, and one thread holding the data needed for the blacklists, and arguements, or will we have to go between all the threads, and drag/drop, or copy/paste."

Yes three threads, but server owners can pick and choose who they want to add to their server BL. So instead of there being one thread for everything you break it up, and server owners have more options than using just one thread for there server BL.

TyD- A blacklist can be updated as little or as much as it wants to. It's always the individual server owner who decides what's get added on his blacklist. Except for the centralized blacklist, which is kept to keep abusers out of all servers.

^^^ exactly.

- Note this has nothing to do with TyD, dont bring them up, and stay with in the topic or get out of my thread. I am simply trying to help AC out, not stir up trouble.

I dont know any other way to explain this. If one thinks about it in a common sense stand point, my idea is a great one and would help organize the " reports" and give server owners more options of who they BL.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 07:55PM)pwnage{TyD} Wrote: It's never been political motivated, it's because of people like you that we are having such stupid arguments running around. Perhaps if you understood the real reasons you wouldn't be throwing dirt around.

A blacklist can be updated as little or as much as it wants to. It's always the individual server owner who decides what's get added on his blacklist. Except for the centralized blacklist, which is kept to keep abusers out of all servers.

Please, don't do something that has even little chance of instigating a flame-war.

And as for JoeSmiths post, that clears it up for me, but I myself see Impersonation as a huge offense, and it should be punished.
Thanks given by:
GTFOMT- Get the F*** off my thread. ;-D

In all honesty I could see little being done from what is currently used now. Too many people are involved for any one party to be fully satisfied. I'd rather have it be the way it is now than piss off half the community changing it.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 10:40PM)Duckett Wrote:
(05 May 11, 07:55PM)pwnage{TyD} Wrote: It's never been political motivated, it's because of people like you that we are having such stupid arguments running around. Perhaps if you understood the real reasons you wouldn't be throwing dirt around.

Please, don't do something that has even little chance of instigating a flame-war.

And as for JoeSmiths post, that clears it up for me, but I myself see Impersonation as a huge offense, and it should be punished.

its a huge offense yes, but just cuz it wouldnt be on the cheaters report BL, doesnt take it away from it. having dif threads doesnt make any offense less than the other.

and honestly i guess i could make the threads my self. Unless the devs make it or make it a sticky no one will take it seriously.
Thanks given by:
Joe, nice idea. Besides, there's never a frequent update on the BL threads, and there isn't that much to chat about this (I haven't checked yet).

Impersonation should get a better notice. To be dealt with. By punishment.
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 03:50AM)Duckett Wrote: just go to TyD's, or some other politically influenced blacklist

Please re-read your own post and figure out how you failed at not instigating

Thanks given by:
Honestly Duckett? A BL is a BL. The server owner gets to decide what's on it. End of story.
Thanks given by:
(28 May 11, 02:53PM)MCS Wrote:
(05 May 11, 03:50AM)Duckett Wrote: just go to TyD's, or some other politically influenced blacklist

Please re-read your own post and figure out how you failed at not instigating

(28 May 11, 08:10PM)Viper Wrote: Honestly Duckett? A BL is a BL. The server owner gets to decide what's on it. End of story.

You both realize Duckett's last post in this thread is over 3 weeks old, right? Move on already...
Thanks given by:
(05 May 11, 03:50AM)Duckett Wrote: I am for both of these ideas, but the main issue is will the server owners be lazy, and just go to TyD's, or some other politically influenced blacklist, or will they take time to get reports from all three of these "Blacklist threads",

You my friend, are not the smartest cookie in the box, are you?

Thanks given by:
Interesting to see how few people who actually used this thread.
Thanks given by:
And I'm surprised you didn't close it after a massive grave dig and only one relevant post after that.
Thanks given by: