Idea for game mode:Mad Bomber
Mad Bomber.(Cookie to person who gets reference.)
How it works is theres a bomb,and it is tethered to a random player.They must kill someone,then instant respawn kicks in and spawns them,BUT they have the bomb!Soon,the bomb gos BOOM and insta kills the person with it.
Next round comes,but without bombed person.And it countinues.Until only one left.Then it starts again.
Thanks given by:
That makes OSOK look fast.
Thanks given by:
Hmm,i think a upgrade would be short fuse,like 2 mins.But health is 50,submachine and assault rifles are banned,because fast fire rate will make it lopsided.Also,minimap shows up peaople.
Thanks given by:
*wtfisthisgame
Thanks given by:
I'm affraid it won't ever be in ac, and you'll get plenty "*wtfisthisgame" kind of posts in this thread.

But it is possible to script something like it, not exacly what you want, i can't change the grenades timer or the minimap.
I've already made a simple script that grabs console lines like commands, but in order to play, everyone would have to have this script/tool.
All i need to do is write the mode, if anyone is interested in playing this.

So, a script with a timer that makes the "Mad Bomber" suicide when the time is up is possible. It's also possible to make everyone play with the guns i command them to.

Thanks given by:
Hmm,that would work!
Thanks given by:
(14 May 11, 08:13PM)macm Wrote: I'm affraid it won't ever be in ac, and you'll get plenty "*wtfisthisgame" kind of posts in this thread.

He doesn't play anymore, he's in the army.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like Flame Tag. I'm pretty sure I've played a game mode exactly like what OP describes but I can't remember what game.
Thanks given by:
(15 May 11, 10:31AM)titiPT Wrote:
(14 May 11, 08:13PM)macm Wrote: I'm affraid it won't ever be in ac, and you'll get plenty "*wtfisthisgame" kind of posts in this thread.

He doesn't play anymore, he's in the army.
No.But i get the joke.Im just referncing the name of Robot Wars:AOD.That has a mode like this.
Thanks given by:
uh? Maybe you don't get the joke :D
Thanks given by:
This sounds like a crazy game of explosive tag. Kinda confuzzled by what you explained too.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to be rude, but HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE SPACEBAR?!?!

Ehum USE IT!!!

Pisses me off when someone doesn't have the decency to use the damn spacebar between commas, periods, and other stuff :@
Thanks given by:
Sounds pretty interesting, although it would maybe be a bit easier to ignore trying to make the bomb visible in the bomb player's playermodel, but rather just remind the players in the beginning who the bomber is. It's got some weak points though, for example:
1) Will the other players without the bomb be able to kill each other?
2) Will the bomb player be visible through the radar/minimap?
3) How will players realize the bomber is close to them, other than having to point their mouses over them to check the name? Different playermodel color?
Thanks given by:
(16 May 11, 01:49AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Sounds pretty interesting, although it would maybe be a bit easier to ignore trying to make the bomb visible in the bomb player's playermodel, but rather just remind the players in the beginning who the bomber is. It's got some weak points though, for example:
1) Will the other players without the bomb be able to kill each other?
2) Will the bomb player be visible through the radar/minimap?
3) How will players realize the bomber is close to them, other than having to point their mouses over them to check the name? Different playermodel color?

1) yes
2) no
3) they would be carrying the flag
Thanks given by:
WRONG.
1.yes.but instant ability to respawn.
2.yes.
3.Hmm,either special bomb/dynamite model floating above them or just different player model.
Thanks given by:
A ticking sound that got louder the closer the bomber got may be a nice touch.
Thanks given by:
If the player will be able to be seen through radar though, won't it be harder for him to actually get kills, specially in clan matches were people actually use their brains? I think it would be quite unfair for the bomber for the other players to see him, since they can simply avoid them and the bomber'll never find them or be able to kill them.
Thanks given by:
This sounds like a different version of ktf tbh.
Thanks given by:
Except you don't want the flag.
Thanks given by:
(15 May 11, 11:40PM)Duckett Wrote: Sorry to be rude, but HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE SPACEBAR?!?!

Ehum USE IT!!!

Pisses me off when someone doesn't have the decency to use the damn spacebar between commas, periods, and other stuff :@

*wtfisthisdirectedtowards
Thanks given by:
(17 May 11, 10:00PM)VenteX Wrote:
(15 May 11, 11:40PM)Duckett Wrote: Sorry to be rude, but HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE SPACEBAR?!?!

Ehum USE IT!!!

*wtfisthisdirectedtowards

ThatDarnMS!
Thanks given by: