Godsmacks opinion
I post this for Godsmack because he really isnt familar with these forum.

<DES|Gswork> the thing is the community needs to start listening to some of the younger players they are NOT all dumb ass kids
<DES|Gsmackwork> i have had it with people havin there heads stuck up there asses
<DES|Gsmackwork> to many people think they are the Authority on AC
<DES|Gsmackwork> thats just wrong and our Game is going to suffer from this attatude
<DES|Gsmackwork> I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! only game i know :)
<DES|Gsmackwork> and there are to many people like the DEV's who put alot of there life/Time into this Project
<DES|Gsmackwork> we have become a community of Banning and B/L evryone for some wrong reasons
<DES|Gsmackwork> personal ones being 1 of the main reasons i have noticed
<DES|Gsmackwork> if anyone cares to copy and paste feel free to post this anywere it may get some attention
<DES|Gsmackwork> i know some or many may agree or disagree and that there right to do so!!
<DES|Gsmackwork> but in short it is still a "Game" and meant to be played
Thanks given by:
I love you and your opinions <3
Thanks given by:
Hear hear! :)
Thanks given by:
The wise old man has spoken!
Thanks given by:
Wise man Jeff is....
Thanks given by:
i love my father :)
Thanks given by:
agreed. some people on this forum act like they own the damn game. and no im not reffering to the devs before some smart arse goes ahead and points that out.
Thanks given by:

luckily the worst people are banned from the main servers
Thanks given by:
Is this also on the DES forum?
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 11, 12:59PM)Robtics Wrote: <DES|Gsmackwork> we have become a community of Banning and B/L evryone for some wrong reasons

Couldn't agree more with this. This is why I am less active and barely play, not because I am banned from a few servers but because other players not just myself or my clan but other clans / individuals true have been treated unfairly.

*Do not wish to start a flame thread or argument with anyone, if you would like to talk more about this or argue the point, inbox it.*

Thanks given by:
No it isnt V-Man, we discussed that on irc
Thanks given by:
Where is the love?
Thanks given by:
lave*
Thanks given by:
nice flow of thoughts, but can we add some actions?

dev team is growing and work under game going good ( as i think :) )
But its only technical aspect.
Around game there is nothing !
1.Clan are useless.
2.Some banning war, where there is no rules. I really dont see any politic in banning and
actually i dont see unbanning.(long theme ;) )
3. no tournaments and start it not easy. some people dont believe in it at all :)

But ofc there are some good actions. like ACtv - its awesome idea.
Maybe more projects like this and subcommunity of active people with young/new players also :)

Thanks given by:
Yeah, nice opinions, but from words to facts there is a huge abyss.
Thanks given by:
Quote:<DES|Gsmackwork> to many people think they are the Authority on AC

+1

I want to see blacklist's admins opinions about that.

Btw : everyone already know mine.
Thanks given by:
The blacklisting point is so true. Blacklisting is going to get to the point where it is more harmful for the game overall than beneficial.

And the part that irritates me most is there is no reason not to keep blacklists (especially public blacklists) to just cheaters and extremely offensive players.

I've heard no good reason for banning teams that contain cheaters. Nor have I heard a good reason to keep players banned more than a year after any evidence they cheated.
Thanks given by:
...WORD!
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 11, 06:29PM)Roflcopter Wrote: And the part that irritates me most is there is no reason not to keep blacklists (especially public blacklists) to just cheaters and extremely offensive players.
+1. That's what blacklists were originally meant (and used) for, but now even things like one-time swearing can get you blacklisted on some servers.
Thanks given by:
Exactly my point, which is why I think we need to take charge, and look into the servers, a whole lot more than the players, and weed out the REAL troublemakers, and I have no idea how, being a twelve year old kid :(, but I would like to help this game to new heights, new fame, new popularity, but most of all, I would like all this feuding shit to disappear. I also have my opinions, and they are very much alike to these that Robtics, has been kind enough to post in Godsmack's place. Thank you Godsmack, and thank you Robtics, without whom these would probably not be posted here.
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 11, 07:13PM)Duckett Wrote: Exactly my point, which is why I think we need to take charge, and look into the servers, a whole lot more than the players, and weed out the REAL troublemakers

The real trouble makers are the people who post in the blacklist thread every last person who called them a name. They forget that AC's just a game, and a game they're spoiling for every person they accuse.
Thanks given by:
I agree whole-heartedly with Godsmack.

I believe we've input too much "politics" into AC.

I don't think that makes sense to anyone else but me and maybe a few others
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 11, 01:23PM)ShieldyBear Wrote: I love you and your opinions <3

Thanks given by:
Politics are best left for people I dont wish to meet!

(or that seems like how it is in real life)
Thanks given by:
Everything GodSmack said is absolutely correct.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Jeff...I Hope The dev will listen carefully your opinion
Thanks given by:
Jeff and I have already spoken about this at length and i share his frustration, this game seems to be no longer about playing and keeping it clean, its about politics and one upmanship. We want to be a game that everyone can play and enjoy so lets get the Blacklists back to just the cheaters! As for bans well if you cheat you get banned, after a while maybe there should be some process by which you can come back (maybe) but I would say cheat twice ban for good...

I think what AC needs is a council of players (players meaning no clan leaders or devs) to preside over matters like this, if the council had the support of the Devs they would have authority, they should be found by free elections and serve no longer than 6 months and always if they get to up there own ass they could be voted out by the community that put them there!

Well thats my opinion, and my first vote would be for Godsmack, many of us have raved about this in IRC or in private but only he has the courage to stand up and be counted!

summary

politics - belongs in IRC
Blacklists - should be for cheaters or impersonators only
Bans - should not be permanant (unless second offence)
Council - freely ellected by us all to keep the above true

and most of all, lets all get back to playing for fun, do you all remeber how much fun it was when we first started playing? I do..
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 11, 08:03AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: ...

+1 100% agree.
Thanks given by:
Council is instrument of power, bans(blacklists) can be removed by fixing reasons for bans and without definition of politic you cannot classify posts to politic category.

It looks to me AC has next imaginary problem and some people need his role here. The control by people is mess (it smells by political abuse), it is better to define a system (process) which is for all the same. The system can be bad or good but can be repaired. You cannot repair people with power.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 11, 11:36AM)Alien Wrote: You cannot repair people with power.

Thanks given by: