kicking question
hy guys!
when i want to kick someone i write /kick krisseks teamkiller
Then a vote is called to kick a player, but not the one i wanted to kick, but some other guy thats also playing....
how to fix this, because there are alot of idiots waiting to be kicked
thanks!
Thanks given by:
Try using cn.

/kick <cn> <reason>

cn you see next to the name of the person you wanna kick when you press Tab to get up scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 11, 11:25AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Try using cn.

/kick <cn> <reason>

cn you see next to the name of the person you wanna kick when you press Tab to get up scoreboard.

With great knowlege comes great resposibility...
Ergo, dont go kick crazy.

Thanks given by:
Explanation:
The "kick" command requires an integer describing the client number -- not the player name.
Entering the player name, if it is strictly a string (such as "/kick V-Man"), causes the game to interpret the argument as 0 instead of the actual player you intended. Thus, whoever has cn 0 is more prone to accidental kick than everyone else. XD

Using tools.cfg, you can make a script that takes either a player name or the integer client number (and this is foiled by players with integers for names, in which case you'll want to kick based on client number).
alias kick_ [if (strstr (validcnumlist) $arg1) [kick $arg1] [kick (findcn $arg1)]]
or, if you prefer a more foolproof version,
alias kick_ [if (isint $arg1) [kick $arg1] [
loop i (listlen (validcnumlist)) [
  if (strcmp (findpn (at (validcnumlist) $i)) $arg1) [kick (findcn $arg1)] []]]]
The second one won't do anything at all if you misspell the player's name.
Thanks given by:
Oh come on, you don't need to check for valid client number. /kick 21 won't crash the server anymore. \:D
Thanks given by:
But it won't do anything at all.
In that first script, /kick_ 21 can kick a player whose playername is 21. :-P
Thanks given by:
Allow me to recap:

Hit tab to pull up the scoreboard, look at the player who you are voting to kick's row. The client number is in the column 'cn' on the scoreboard, find the player's client number and then type:

/kick [Client number] [Reason_goes_here]

Without the square brackets.
e.g

/kick 12 Teamkiller

Good luck,
P.S. Don't kick people in the shin though, being kicked in the shin hurts!
Thanks given by:
Gr-r-r-r-r-r-ravedig! :D
Also, I think by "kick in the shin" Polusive means don't abuse it.
With moderate power comes moderate responsibility.
Thanks given by:
Has nobody ever thought of not being able to put exact reasons...cuz it does get annoying of people putting Noob or really idiotic reasons....

IMO we should have it /kick cn #

# = Number depending on the reason e.g. 1 = team killer 2= Hacker 3 = lagger 4 = spammer and so on

Like that we can have these idiotic votes to kick with a reason such as @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Ive been failed kick for that reason before^
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 03:40PM)Polusive Wrote: ...
/kick [Client number] [Reason_goes_here]

Without the square brackets.
e.g

/kick 12 Teamkiller

Why teach the use of underscore? I believe the use of square brackets would be necessary sometimes...
/kick [0] [team killer]
Thanks given by:
True dat.
Or quotes.

Lucky: that's a good idea, except that there are going to be unique reasons to kick. Can't think of any right now, but if that is implemented then someone is eventually going to need to be kicked for a reason that isn't an option.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 06:44AM)lucky Wrote: Has nobody ever thought of not being able to put exact reasons...cuz it does get annoying of people putting Noob or really idiotic reasons....

No need to call him noob, he may be a new player. When everyone first starts playing they can not know everything :-)

(30 Apr 11, 06:44AM)lucky Wrote: IMO we should have it /kick cn #
# = Number depending on the reason e.g. 1 = team killer 2= Hacker 3 = lagger 4 = spammer and so on

Could work but as Frogulis said, there might be something that is not an option + I think typing is just easier. I mean, people can still kick you saying you are a lagger without you being a lagger :P. /kick 4 #3 Some people just press F1 so I think it is smarter if we just keep it the way it is but smart idea lucky.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 06:24AM)Frogulis Wrote: Gr-r-r-r-r-r-ravedig! :D
Also, I think by "kick in the shin" Polusive means don't abuse it.
With moderate power comes moderate responsibility.

Deeply analytical!
Or... Moderately analytical!
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 06:44AM)lucky Wrote: IMO we should have it /kick cn #

that could be done easily in cubescript, however not everyone would have this, and it would defeat the purpose to a degree...
Thanks given by:
Well i was just throwing this out as and idea...im pretty sure everyone has seen people abusing the reasons to kick or ban somebody.
Thanks given by:
that idea is basically unnecessary (no offense) because server owners already have the power to define "invalid reasons", where if you try to kick someone for that reason it won't let you. However, this will only stop reasons like "noob", and it wouldn't stop "@@@@@@@@@..." or other really long spammy reasons. I don't know if this is already possible, but server owners should be able to define a maximum length for a kick reason.
Thanks given by:
I see your point but ive seen people but reasons like He-is-*** and heloves**** small reasons but they are offensive ones that are just made to troll
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 07:40PM)Lantry Wrote: that idea is basically unnecessary (no offense) because server owners already have the power to define "invalid reasons", where if you try to kick someone for that reason it won't let you. However, this will only stop reasons like "noob", and it wouldn't stop "@@@@@@@@@..." or other really long spammy reasons. I don't know if this is already possible, but server owners should be able to define a maximum length for a kick reason.

Theres a switch for letting people kick or ban someone without "valid" reasons (i.e. teamkill spam detected cheating etc.). This isn't perfect by any means but it would help spam kicks.
Thanks given by: