Thank You Buttons
Mod's know how to do this. Why can't we do this? Bring the awesomeness back to the forums!! We... NEED... THANK... YOU... buttons!!!
Thanks given by:
The following user(s) said Thank You: samsattF
Thanks given by:
[Image: post_thanks.gif]
Thanks given by:
I don't think we need the same lot just sucking each other off every post longer than 3 sentences
Thanks given by:
Trust me, if I knew how to do that, it'd just be done.
Thanks given by:
LOL at how I read V-Man's post as a reply to Impakt'd's post. xD </immaturity>

Really though, it would be amazing to see the Thank You button reimplemented into myBB. I remember when the forums were refurbished just under a year ago someone said that a Thank You button was on the way(can't quite remember who) but 10 months down the line and nothing :(

It is possible, IIRC the old TyD! forums had a Thank You button and was powered by myBB.

Honestly though, if the mods knew how to implement it themselves, it's more likely than not that this would've been done ages ago.
Thanks given by:
There is a reputation system built into MyBB. It is disabled.
Thanks given by:
There IS a thank you plug-in for myBB I believe.
Thanks given by:
We use it on the eQ site Mai!
Thanks given by:
RR, any comments as to why it is disabled?
Thanks given by:
Ask RK. I dont run it, I run my own forums, and from that I know that the rep is not here.
Thanks given by:
RK, any comments as to why it is disabled?
Thanks given by:
^^ No.
Thanks given by:
Viper, I know we do, I installed it ;)

I just had a brainfart as to which forum type we use.

Someone PM RK :D
Thanks given by:
Impaktd, you maaad cuz you didn't get enough Thank You's?
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 05:40AM)MorganKell Wrote: Impaktd, you maaad cuz you didn't get enough Thank You's?

I actually got so many that the MySQL errors caused by so many likes forced us to move to these new forums

Get with the times, man
Thanks given by:
MorganKell, i think you are awesome without hundreds thank hits. :) Enjoy the ordinary. The strength of posts should stay in arguments and not in amount of your friends hitting to "I like it". And it gives posters too high self-confidence which brings more flamewars. It didn't work in past, i doubt it would work now.
Thanks given by:
On forums where Thanks/rep is enabled it is always one of the following:

1. A circlejerk (all reciprocation)
2. A "lol" button (for short, witty, insubstantial comments)
3. A way to say "I like this post and think it was a real contribution to the community" (not actually used).
Thanks given by:
Good idea IMO.
i have used forums in the past with this feature and it never started flamewars/circle jerks/"OMG-I-will-suck-his-knob-cos-hes-a-dev*presses thanks button*" moments.

although alot of people used to have "like my post" in their signatures... but this forum has no sig's. winwin!
Thanks given by:
IIRC, at first when we switched to myBB I had put in a request with RK about the Thank you button. He replied telling me that it was something Flowtron sort-of-hacked into the Vanilla forums and that they would try to get it done.

So now RK, I begz you fo ze buttinz.
Thanks given by:
Another most-thanked war? No, thanks.

Although it could be useful to motivate users to be more helpful than before.
Thanks given by:
Or go the other way and make a "No thanks" button. Then posting more increases the likelihood of receiving anti-thanks. If users who previously fought in "Thanks wars" would like to continue to post they'll have to make sure they're contributing to avoid this button.
Thanks given by:
I prefer to think of it as the "report" button.
Thanks given by:
2 1/2 pwnts and an extra 1/2 pwnt. Thats a full 3 pwnts!

No thank you to the thanks buttons.
Thanks given by:
I have this feature on one of my forums, it's on phpBB not MyBB so I dunno if it makes any differences but that's not where I'm getting at...
Although I didn't implemented it yet I like the version of this feature on this particular forum better as it is not nominative, it's a simple 'I like this post/topic" counter (a click adds 1 point) so it avoids the "XXX sucks YYY" kinda useless comments.
Thanks given by:
i miss the thank you button on the old forums ;[
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 12:38PM)Andrez Wrote: Another most-thanked war?

yes please
90% of forum thanks Foo for this post
Thanks given by:
Cleaner i'm pretty sure its on MyBB as well.
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 12:45AM)MorganKell Wrote: Mod's know how to do this. Why can't we do this? Bring the awesomeness back to the forums!! We... NEED... THANK... YOU... buttons!!!

One word: NO

As stated above, it would only cause havoc.

Close thread now?
Thanks given by:
It is on MyBB, as eQ forums use MyBB

Nah, I believe this community is much more mature than previous.

Or so I'd LIKE to believe
Thanks given by: