It is about the Mouse !?
Hello Cubers !

Can a high resolution mouse upgrade your level ? or just you'll keep the same but you'll be able to play more comfortably ?
Btw what kind of mouse do you use :-) ?

Ty!
Thanks given by:
Right now I play at about level 47 (fire element).
I don't know about a high-resolution mouse, but a comfortable mouse did wonders for my playing skill.
I think that if you can play comfortably, your skill increases that much.
I use a Logitech wired optical mouse, from Wal-Mart. XD
I used to use a tiny, tiny, portable mouse. Yuck.
Thanks given by:
It is all about the mouse. I think you are talking about dpi, which will give you a better "feel" but it all depends on you. The mouse I currently use is this piece of crap,
[Image: 10075357.jpg]
the Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 1000. The right mouse button is broken and fails to click sometimes, but it is otherwise fine for me.
Thanks given by:
To get the perfect mouse for you. You have to find the one that best fits your hand, eg. if your hand is large, don't use the Logitech VX Nano. Having a mouse of a dpi of 2000 or more also helps wonderfully.

I have the VX Nano and my hand is a bit too big for it, and it sometimes fails me in response; like if I move the gun to the right it sometimes doesn't move as smoothly as I would like it to be, so I have the lift the mouse. Mine has 1000 dpi, not the best, but surely not the worst.

[Image: logitech_vx_nano.jpg]
Thanks given by:
buy a Razer Deathadder (best mouse existing imo), i once had a mouse with 2000dpi sensor aiming was much more easier and it always responded well even when i moved my and very fast. then after time it broke... :(

now i use a cheap logitech RX250 with 1000dpi sensor, still much better than microsoft basic ones (with 400dpi sensor) but the difference is much against the 2000dpi one...
[Image: logitech-rx250.1434375.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A standard logitech, not that good. Will upload pic later. (I'm glad the school hasn't blocked the new url for the forum ;) )
Thanks given by:
i use a microsoft mouse.
i'm still better than all of you
Thanks given by:
Logitech MX518 ftw. Cheap, awesome and a real contender against the more expensive mice.
Thanks given by:
6 years old generic wired logitech optical mouse.
Thanks given by:
I use one of those transparent crappy mouses with some blue/red light in it. Not very comfortable and good at all, since it's too sensitive, but it fell about 100 times and it's still intact.
Thanks given by:
It all depends on playing style. If you play low sens (30-100cm or more per 360°) , you need a mouse that will not fail at high speeds. The mx518 is still the best mouse in this field, ms intellimouse 1.1 is close behind. If you play low-sens, you will not need more than 400-800dpi.

For mid-sens (ca 15-30cm per 360°) 800dpi would still be sufficient IMHO, but higher values don't hurt as well.

If you want to play high or extremely high-sens, you will need all dpi you can get.

Don't forget , though, dpi isn't everything. A good (clean!) mousepad can enhance your mouse's tracking, make it skip later, and help a lot in comfort and feel.

Proper system settings are vital too, you can spend 200$ on a mouse and it might play like a 10$ mouse if it's not set up correctly. See:

http://www.overclock.net/computer-periph...guide.html

I don't think the type of mouse has that big an influence on skill nowadays.
If you switch from a cheap walmart mouse to a good one, you might see a 15% increase maybe. Nothing like back in the days, when you switched from your old ball mouse to your first optical (wich was about the quality of today's budget mice or even worse) :P My quake3 skill went up by a percieved 75% that day :P
Thanks given by:
I have a Logitech VX Revolution.
[Image: VX%20Revolution.jpg]
It's my favourite mouse so far.

Specs:

Connectivity
Fabulous range, works from 10-15 meters away also :O (Don't ask) Perfect signal. Lacks bluetooth though.

Battery life
The VX Revolution works on a single AA battery. The batteries normally last 120 days.

Design and Buttons
The design is amazing. Probably the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. The wireless reciever fits neatly into the bottom of the mouse. Fits snug in any laptop bag.

It has 8 buttons in total.
1)Forward Back buttons on the left side for easy thumb access (for web page navigation).
2)Scroll wheel middle click button, plus two more button which are activated by puching the scroll wheel left or right (they scroll).
3)Zoom Buttons.
4)One touch search button, placed right behind the scroll wheel, this button opens the search engine of your choice when you press it. (It's also easily hackable for other stuff).

User rating *****

Laser and Extras
The laser is completely FTW. I swear. As for extras, there is a microgear switch below the mouse which lets you change your scroll wheel from the normall clicking to a smooth scroll.

So basicaly, this mouse is amazing for anyone who can shell out $80. :P

(And it will last you 3+ years)
Thanks given by:
ofc it is about the Mouse !!

[Image: g-point-mouse3_HKyM2_22974.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: k3XCiXnbxxSsVj6ad0guD3l72hRj-rXxLQu6nV96...LzxxzkAl4v]

a good mouse causes wonders to your score. you are faster and more precise. atleast thats the expierence I made when I switched to a gaming mouse. :) btw: a good mousepad helps too!
Thanks given by:
Lightning: Wireless Mouse = not for gaming.

The signal rate on wireless devices is insufficient. All your dpi are wasted, because the connection acts as a bottleneck, you will ever only get 120hz of polling rate...
Thanks given by:
lol alien hahaha good mouse.
Thanks given by:
D:
Sucks when the battery in your mouse dies in the middle of a match, XD
go wired.
@Andrez: You too, then you won't drop it so much!
Thanks given by:
Touchpad.

End of discussion.
Thanks given by:
I tried a shitload of mouses and the only ones that feel good to me is Razers. It give me the most precise and fast movement.
THe placing of laser or optics underneath makes an factor also.
Thanks given by:
My hands are too big for most razers, they work good, but they have lousy support and drivers. Using Logitech :)
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 01:49AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: @Andrez: You too, then you won't drop it so much!
It isn't me, it wants to suicide itself all the time u__u
Thanks given by:
Ty guys for replies :)
Finaly i bought a wired Trust mouse for pro gamer it can get 2500 dpi
It will take time to master it, Once done "keep your heads beyond the reach of my field of vision: DD"

Trust GM-4600

BTW your mice are awesome :D
This topic is the paradise for every hungry cat in the earth :p
Thanks given by:
What makke said.
And we can intercept ur movements to know what you will be doing before you do it. Do you login to websites with wireless gear?
just sayin.
Thanks given by:
Alien mouse is epic :D
btw Grim it's a nice choice.

if u want to stay with your previous sensitivity: do this

set sensitivity to oldsens / newdpi * oldmousedpi

eg. if u had a 400 dpi mouse (most likely) and a sens of 3
do: 3/2000*400 = 0.6
/sensitivity 0.6
(if it doesnt seem equal try 800dpi instead of 400dpi, those are the standard dpi of non-gaming mouses)

in AC 1.1 you can do this: set sensitivityscale to newdpi/oldmousedpi

(this way i think you'll get used easily to the new mouse)
Thanks given by:
Very interesting Kirin! Thanks for the tip :)
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot Kirin my dude, that's exacetly what i was looking for, You're the best ;)))
Thanks given by:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/
I'mma get that one next.
Thanks given by:
Now that's gruesome. Some people are just crazy if you ask me.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 10, 02:26PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/
I'mma get that one next.

That's funny, the best thing to do if you don't wanna you'r GF check your mails xD
Thanks given by:
Cheaters
Thanks given by: