Map organization system?
map ordering system for assautlcube?

I want ot separate files in catergories for example....

gema

nonofficial approved maps

fun maps
Thanks given by:
Why would we need it?
Thanks given by:
Couldn't you make extra folders in the maps directory?
Thanks given by:
That wouldn't do anything I believe...

I think it's more a source modification
Thanks given by:
@Mai: No it isn't. It can be done in Cubescript.

It can be done in in-game menus using the command:
newmenu "unofficial approved maps"
menudirlist "packages/maps/unofficial approved maps" "cgz" "map $arg1"

Of course, I'm not sure how it works on non-Windows systems, but you just have to make a new folder in maps, put those maps into that folder, and put the above in autoexec.cfg.
Then type
/showmenu "unofficial approved maps"
Or, as a shortcut
alias uam [showmenu "unofficial approved maps"]
then type /uam in-game.
Thanks given by:
Wooooooo!
Ory got it down!

* Ronald_Reagan gives +10 internets to Ory.
Thanks given by:
how about server maps folder?
Thanks given by:
I don't think I (or anyone) can help you if you're talking about servers run from somewhere else.

If you're talking about maps in your servermaps folder, just do the same as above (changing the alias, of course), but replace "unofficial approved maps" with "servermaps".

Oh, now I know what you're talking about.

I've never run a server, so I don't know.
Thanks given by:
I did this with demos but it was a little more complicated. I have three servers (Not atm) and they all save their demos in separate folders that I can review in game with no further modification.

However i think you are trying to get the server to place maps into specific folders maybe based on keyword? Such as "gema"? Like when the server gets a map, it writes it based on name to a specific folder. That would be cool but is this what you want? lol...
Thanks given by:
I wish, :D

I meant to separately maps in separate files and server will still read these files... is it possible?
Thanks given by:
This is not possible from inside the engine; you could do it manually - if you're not on Windows - by using "remote" directories with the servermaps-folder simply containing soft-links to the target-files.
But TBH - I don't even get why you would want this. When I read this thread I thought you were basically asking for new menus for your client too (see some replies above) - that's where organization would make sense; the servermaps-folder is just for coop-edit and non-default maps that can be sent to the clients that do not have them.
Thanks given by: