How to go pro in osok/tosok
TheCrema has said it all, I used to be great at tosok, but y'know what? I started to get bored of pwning all the time and realised I needed a challenge, ahh I remember that day, my first ever time on the Hi-Skill ladder servers, ac_gothic in htf ... Good times ... Good times.

Anyways, being a tosok newb has helped me to get where I am today.
Thanks given by:
To be "pro" playing t/osok u just need play against noobs.
Thanks given by:
Atrimos has a point ... But basically everyone who plays douche(douze)/desert 24/7 is a newb already.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 06:12PM)Elven Wrote: I started to get bored of pwning all the time

I saw what you did there >_>
Thanks given by:
What did I do there, my good friend?
Thanks given by:
SELF ABSORPTION!!! GAHH!!
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 09:41PM)Gibstick Wrote: BTW most good AC players I know have a low sensitivity. Robtics for example has 60cm/360 (LOOOOOOOL).

I have 65/360 ;)
Thanks given by:
I'd actually say I'm decently good at T/OSOK, as long as it's not on douze. My tips are to keep moving, crouch while jumping, jump round corners, don't be afraid to scope (Although I don't have a clue what people mean by spread... There doesn't seem to be any on my unscoped sniper.), and most importantly to learn your map and opponents. If you know that someone goes the same way every time, wait for them. Some call it camping, but they're just jealous :P If you're at the end of the round and you can't find your opponent, always check behind you.
Thanks given by:
StRaTo. Try going end to end on desert. Use your knife crosshair as a guide to know you're on target against an opponent, then switch to your sniper, and no scope. You'll miss the majority of the time.

Tips: Camp.
Thanks given by:
I don't know if they line up with the crosshair, but all the bullets go to the same place with me.
Thanks given by:
Somebody isn't paying attention :P

Shoot at wall a few feet away, scope and aim at bullethole, unscope, shoot, look at spread.
Thanks given by:
Just use a wallhack, it cuts through all that doubling back stuff, and nobody will ever catch you.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 11, 09:34PM)Bloodsport Wrote: Just use a wallhack, it cuts through all that doubling back stuff, and nobody will ever catch you.

lol stop it
Thanks given by:
Gibstick the spread of sniper isnt big. I am used to play much unscoped and I hit much. Very much unscoped.
Thanks given by:
Everyone can hit much unscoped maybe not across douze, but as wise GD once said, "increased sniper scope spread makes good shots 50% more likely to miss, and bad shots 50% likely to hit".
Thanks given by:
What about just shooting everybody in the head? Always worked for me...
Thanks given by:
G'day,

I think this has some good tips - though far from the only points that will make you pro, Original Poster didn't even mention appropriate gun selection. :P

That being said, this will definitely help some people's game.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 11, 04:32AM)Polusive Wrote: Original Poster didn't even mention appropriate gun selection. :P

I agree, SMG in TOSOK is definitely the best strategy.
Thanks given by:
V-Man Wrote: I agree, SMG in TOSOK is definitely the best strategy.

And, shotgun n00bs would be even more annoying - if only one of the little pellets hit you, you'd be a goner.
Septuple (seven) kill anyone?
Thanks given by:
OMD!
Gawd, that could be frustrating...
TIP: Pretty much what DrauL said, but from a different perspective. Make sure you don't continuously take the same path, the more experienced players will quickly catch on and then you will die a lot.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 11, 06:48AM)V-Man Wrote:
(02 Apr 11, 04:32AM)Polusive Wrote: Original Poster didn't even mention appropriate gun selection. :P

I agree, SMG in TOSOK is definitely the best strategy.

* VenteX wants a modded server with SMG osok now...
Thanks given by:
Ventex: Or you could simply change the sniper's model to the smg :DD
Thanks given by:
but then you couldn't kill a swarm of people without hardly having to aim :(
Thanks given by:
(09 Apr 11, 03:42PM)VenteX Wrote: * VenteX wants a modded server with SMG osok now...

There was one. It was somewhat fun, though I wouldn't want more insta-kill modes for AC :(

I think Ronald_Reagan made it, but I also think he stopped running it.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 05:32PM)TheCrema Wrote: The only good thing about a newbie becoming good at (t)osok is that when that happens he is gonna realize how easy and boring it is and he will move to decent game modes...

So yeah, its a good thread, the sooner ppl get good at it and stop playing tosok the better!

AGREED!

(31 Mar 11, 03:55PM)M__Stayla Wrote:
(28 Mar 11, 09:41PM)Gibstick Wrote: BTW most good AC players I know have a low sensitivity. Robtics for example has 60cm/360 (LOOOOOOOL).

I have 65/360 ;)

I understand this is obviously some metric way of measuring the distance your hand has to travel for a 360*. However I am not familiar with this particular way of measuring. You guys have to move your mouse 60/65cm to turn around completely? Thats extreme. IDK what mine would be judging by that measuring method. Hmm.
I have a 5700dpi mouse, 1000hz polling
I use 5700dpi 35 sensitivity and 0 acceleration (For AR and SMG)
3600dpi 22.5 sens 0 accel (Carbine)
1200dpi 7 sens 0 accel (Sniping)

Gotta love OTF DPI!!

*EDIT* Gibstick, did you notice the spellcheck 'corrections' your name gets?!?! :P
Gib Stick
Gib-Stick
Gearstick
Lipstick
Dipstick ........hahahaha
Thanks given by:
lol @ those names. I measure with a ruler, but there probably is a way to measure by calculating dpi and resolution and etc.
Thanks given by:
@XKluTcHM0nSt3RX, So your basicly telling me how to do my job..... ;)
Do what you want, want what you do
Thanks given by:
Im a bit happy-trigger-finger when im alone...... and it tends to help
lol
Thanks given by:
Since this is getting offtopic I'll say something about the sniper in general.

At least for me, scopefov 25 helps with quick scoping on most maps. Not neccesarrily for tosok or osok since I never play those :)
Thanks given by:
What I do before I start playing is practice no scopeing random objects in the map to get warmed up and get a fell for it. Trust me it helps
Thanks given by: