Post a screenshot of what you are doing (modding related).
Post a screenshot of your work in progress, anything related to modding/mapping/editing/designing or any other form of content creation you are working on. Doesn't even have to be AssaultCube, maybe you made some maps or models for any other game or project, or perhaps you are designing a website or some textures, anything goes...

I'm working on reskining the default AC model in a slightly higher resolution, not sure if i'll finish.
[Image: 0MAg7.jpg]
[Image: WSTFt.jpg]

As you can tell I've only started on the face so far. The trippy rainbow texture on the skin is just for guiding purposes while I skin.

Thanks given by:
[Image: clak.jpg]
[Image: coltr.jpg]
[Image: ks23g.jpg]
[Image: mk2.jpg]
[Image: thompson.jpg]

Yeah... I... start more than I finish..
Thanks given by:
damn i like those guns, the shotgun and magnum look awesome and whats the last one? carbine or sniper
Thanks given by:
Last thing I was working on was: [Image: 2afewq9.jpg]

No-one seemed to want it any more though, so I didn't bother uploading it. I'd like to add more detail to the side, cause it's far too flat, but I have the rest of it already skinned, even though it looks terrible. The only real bad part is the black I have on the rail and grip, which doesn't look a thing like the matte plastic I was aiming for, and I don't have a clue how to texture properly. I have brushes for metal and wood, but none for that. I'll probably start it again at some point, and I want to make a sort of high-poly player model at some point.

Mine's no-where as good as any of a_slow_old_man's lol.
Thanks given by:
Very nice work, a_slow_old_man's player model is looking great. StRaTo, also great work, much better then I can do, for me it's the opposite I'm too lazy to learn modeling but I can do texture/skinning.

Here is some progress since I last posted, I'm going to make a simple skin which I can then lay textures over to get the rest of skins needed for AC. The model is kind of odd, the face isn't evenly mirrored, there is a triangle in the cheek but I managed to blend it in well, there are skinned parts that are not on the model and painting with a mouse is time consuming. I also plan to make the vest layout the same as AC one, so it matches.
[Image: y9wO1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Did you notice the spare TIE fighter wing?
Thanks given by:
Yeah :) I thought it was supposed to be a gasmask filter which was never included.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2ir4rdf.jpg]

Though it's not reliable yet, due to the finicky nature of edittex. (tips, anyone?) :(

Here's a video too:
http://www.filedropper.com/floppyspamvid
Thanks given by:
I liked the rainbow texture :'(
Thanks given by:
V-man's new mapping ideas have me in a giggle fit.
I feel so fortunate to be the one he reveals all his secrets to before they are accomplished. I'm also on the receiving end of all the trigonometry lessons.... :D

These are great screen shots everyone :D
Great thread!
Makes me proud to know you all.
Thanks given by:
[Image: ita2m.jpg]
[Image: itard.jpg]

Well, Italian translation for locale. I must thank this guy, because he gave me the idea to make it (again) :D

I was also working on a nice mod that would have replaced pickups with 3D letters. E.g, the ammobox would have been AMMO, medikit would have been HP and so on. Unfortunately I'm not good at letters modeling so I gave up.
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 08:24PM)Andrez Wrote: Unfortunately I'm not good at letters modeling so I gave up.

Blender can do it for you. Add->Text.
Thanks given by:
[Image: workb.jpg]

I feel so lame :'(
Thanks given by:
[Image: sands_pic.jpg]

LOL.
Thanks given by:
[Image: hint.png]

What? No description nor link? (must be intentional!)

[Image: Green%20Temple.jpg]

Ya'll saw this one.
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 10:53PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: [Image: hint.png]

What? No description nor link? (must be intentional!)

Mac server launcher!

What's my prize? Jk.
Thanks given by:
Nope, that be a "submit" button.
Mac does have one :P
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 11:13PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Nope, that be a "submit" button.
Mac does have one :P

Oh lulz.
Thanks given by:
Working on the vest now, decided to go with a familiar design.

[Image: JuVce.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2uakJ.jpg]

Using my crappy GIMP skills, I started making another GFX mod.
At least this one isn't being made purely by the paintbrush. XD
Thanks given by:
Alright so I completed the base skin, now I need to add some details and create the rest of the skins using textures overlays.

Base skin
[Image: 2vuky.jpg]
In-Game
[Image: yLNBF.jpg]
Texture test
[Image: B2LZM.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good protox!
Thanks given by:
(26 Mar 11, 03:12PM)StRaTo Wrote: No-one seemed to want it any more though, so I didn't bother uploading it.

-_-

I was wondering why that never got finished. If you post it, they will come. I was looking forward to having a nice carbine mod (no offense to old_man's "quick-hands" kar98 :P)
being a younger gun, and probably the least used, it doesn't get much attention. However, that doesn't mean there aren't people who will appreciate it.
Thanks given by:
Wow Protox! That looks amazing! Nice work.
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 11, 06:56PM)Lantry Wrote: I was looking forward to having a nice carbine mod

I'm not 100% sure, but judging from the screenshot I'd say its a m1014 (Shotgun)
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 11, 05:42PM)protox Wrote: Alright so I completed the base skin, now I need to add some details and create the rest of the skins using textures overlays.

Base skin
[Image: 2vuky.jpg]
In-Game
[Image: yLNBF.jpg]
Texture test
[Image: B2LZM.jpg]

How Much would this bog the game down? if very lil, or no change from the current model, i dont see why this couldnt one day be replaced with the current model in AC
Thanks given by:
There is no significant difference because the resolution is only twice as much as the original skin, the skin can also be resized to fit the original size so there would be no difference. Once I'm done I'll release it to replace all the default skins with the various color/camo variations.
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 11, 08:21PM)Joe Smith Wrote: i dont see why this couldnt one day be replaced with the current model in AC

This probably won't ever happen, although i would like it, because AC is supposed to be a game that runs on low-spec systems. Thus the textures in AC are not HD like these skins. Look at the contrast of the textures and that skin in his pic, thats why.
Thanks given by:
Epic Protox :') I wish I could figure out blender.
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 11, 08:09PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote:
(27 Mar 11, 06:56PM)Lantry Wrote: I was looking forward to having a nice carbine mod

I'm not 100% sure, but judging from the screenshot I'd say its a m1014 (Shotgun)

Could be. I thought I remember him making a FAL mod for carbine tho.
Thanks given by: