ac_2fort
Beta Release 3-25-2011

This map is based on TF2 ctf_2fort. It has similarities, but is very different. I used all known mapping techniques in this map. Twin towers, rifle@camper, gema. It even has ladder glitches. :)

Here are some screens \:D
[Image: ehgbgo.gif]

Any ideas or concerns are welcome. :D

Enjoy:)

Download:
http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=833

994 total ents so far.
Thanks given by:
lol what a troll link
Thanks given by:
and i'm off to play tf2
Thanks given by:
Awesome map! LOL @ the F1 and the \:D
Thanks given by:
(25 Mar 11, 10:23PM)vern Wrote: I used all known mapping techniques in this map.

lol, no you didn't, but nice map though, gj :D
Thanks given by:
Is it just me or are none of those screenshots from ac_2fort?
Thanks given by:
hey, my favorite part is the place where the gema turtles cross the twin towers.

xD i like the idea here vern, it probs will get you more downloads than w/o
Thanks given by:
I love this map, If I can get my servers running again, you'll see it in the maprot, Can't wait for the finished version.
Thanks given by:
LOL!
Eh, nice map vern...I'll have to play it some time ;)

eftertanke: Yes.

Dang...@camper maps really suck don't they...
Thanks given by:
i dont get it, is it a bunch of maps or something, the screenshots confuse me lol
Thanks given by:
Just download, and look at the map BrickSquad.
Thanks given by:
Lol, vern haz teh humorz.
8)
Tip: Note the use of the troll face
Thanks given by:
The screenshots are completely unrelated to the map, Bricksquad. If that answers your question.

I'm not sure what's so funny about making a completely unrelated animated GIF though.

EDIT: Here
[Image: jgr668.gif]
Thanks given by:
The GIF is for comparison reasons. "You can play this, or you can play that." Also because I think its funny as hell. :D The z fighting is so FTL. Max glitched height fields. The list goes on and on with these , excuse my German... n00b maps. :D

Anyways, I hope some are enjoying 2fort. I have noticed a few problems. Will have those corrected soon and updated. :D

Has anyone had any lag while playing 2fort? I have heard a few people say that they have. Although it could be there lack of comp performance.

Thanks
vern

Thanks given by:
Oh. Now I get it then. And yeah, it's pretty cool.
Thanks given by:
The bridge area lags unfortunately :(
However it is a remake of a TF map, so for a remake map it is not too bad. It manages to fulfill all of the quality requisites, so I congratulate you on that :)
Once again, thanks vern (wasn't someone in DES involved in this?)
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 08:18AM)Frogulis Wrote: The bridge area lags unfortunately :(
However it is a remake of a TF map, so for a remake map it is not too bad. It manages to fulfill all of the quality requisites, so I congratulate you on that :)
Once again, thanks vern (wasn't someone in DES involved in this?)

Yeah. Bukz was.
Thanks given by:
y'know the guy they call (I got 20)DES|Bukz, Anyways, Bukz and vern are bros I believe.
Thanks given by:
"It's pronounced Boooooooooooo-ks"
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 10:35PM)V-Man Wrote: "It's pronounced Boooooooooooo-ks"

Thats mean!

I pronounce it Goooooooooooo!-ks
Thanks given by:
can someone prvide a step-by-step guide to help me get this map into my cache
Thanks given by:
... Download the package and place it into your AC directory.
Thanks given by:
I'll have ctf_2fort ready soon. :D
It has the correct 2fort layout, and much less lag in the middle area.
Thanks given by:
(22 May 11, 05:57AM)Viper Wrote: ... Download the package and place it into your AC directory.

see my assault cube file has three folders in it one goes to maps. do i download and put it in the maps???
Thanks given by:
C:\Program Files\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4\packages\maps\, or meet me in game, and you can getmap. :D
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 10:35PM)V-Man Wrote: "It's pronounced Boooooooooooo-ks"

Man, All this time I said I never wanted to read a book, but this one is soooooo good looking.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha, I only played TF2 for a weekend and I recognized the map you guys based this on!
Very nicely done! I like it! I sorta wish that you could access more of those areas that are clipped off, but oh well...
Master Mapper Bukz strikes again!
Thanks given by: