Alternate Akimbo [Discussion]
back to quadropolis we go
Thanks given by:
I can host Akimbo with a 100% uptime garantee. The domain is someone else paying for already. The DNS name can be pointed over easily.
Thanks given by:
Be careful what you say! People are going to be at your throat.
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 11, 09:40PM)Gibstick Wrote: Be careful what you say! People are going to be at your throat.

It was with terms of speaking, now it seems rather rapidly when the Akimbo is up or not.
Thanks given by:
I just sent Rytis an email asking him to fill me in on the facts.

Actually, Cleaner (the founder of akimbo) hasn't shown up in a while and so I'll just take on this matter. We were planning to give Akimbo a complete overhaul, but for now it's most important to save it the way it is, in order to not loose anything of thhe stuff there.

I would like to take on your offer, pwnage, and as soon as Rytis will answer my request I'll get in tough with you.
Thanks given by:
Haha, another thing controlled by the political bastards at TyD.

Mod edit: 5. Be civil and show respect to other users on the forums. Keep personal attacks and other types of flaming off of this forum.

My Edit: I would like to say, that was so worth the warning points haha
Thanks given by:
@ DrauL

Take comments like that to your clan website, TyD website or IRC!
This community is getting pretty pissed by this type of shit ass comments on this forum!
Thanks given by:
I'd say I help. What is wrong about it. The Akimbo is their property, the only thing they are looking for is reliability when it comes to hosting.

I can provide that. And it won't be on any poorly free forum software with a lot of silly ads.
Thanks given by:
Draul, ...

As OpenSource said, a lot of people (including me) are dead tired of this pseudo-politics crap.
Keep this stuff out of here.

Some people in here are actually trying to get something done for this game. Believe it or not.
Thanks given by:
I still plan on helping out during the overhaul if that is still a possibility @ Floppy. :)

Also, maybe jamz didn't want me to mention it but he has archived akimbo as it sits so nothing will be lost. Everyone kinda owes him a big thank you for that one. ;)
Thanks given by:
If you're going to start throwing credit around Bukz, I know V-Man, at least, has mentioned archiving it too, and it wouldn't surprise me if others have done so. The point is, the people above who have offered help, and the people who've taken steps to safeguard what's already been done, don't ask for, or even expect, thanks. They do it because they realise that without Akimbo, there simply isn't an AC-only resource site. Everyone who enjoys its benefits should be grateful for any time/money/effort donated; regardless of who it is making the donation.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 09:37AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Actually, Cleaner (the founder of akimbo) hasn't shown up in a while
I saw DES|Cleaner on not a week ago.
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 01:26PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: @ DrauL

Take comments like that to your clan website, TyD website or IRC!
This community is getting pretty pissed by this type of shit ass comments on this forum!

Keep warning him and his material will become less offensive over time, keep replying and he'll think of better insults. Sheesh, I'm getting pretty pissed by the trigger finger comments on this forum.

Ontopic: Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Thanks given by:
Go suck up to those devs, by hittin' that @ss
Thanks given by:
(29 Mar 11, 05:37PM)jamz Wrote: I know V-Man, at least, has mentioned archiving it too
Haha, I only said I'd archive my own stuff. XD
* V-Man dodges rotten tomatoes
Thanks given by:
So where does 'akimbo.in' stand now?
Thanks given by:
Not sure what you mean Iguana, but akimbo has been on and off recently: try going to akimbo.in right now to see. So it stands as an unreliable website, the host just needs to probably be changed to someone who is active and willing to keep an eye on it.
Thanks given by:
One Idea people haven't mentioned is to just make a an adf.ly account. That will actually help with your revenue and people don't have to donate they just click on your link and you get like a few cents. But that adds up. Especially on a website like Assault Cube where you can get 1000 views on your thread. Just make a thread about what you plan on doing and see if people click on it. Also Google has a program called Google ads so check that out to. Good luck with your site.
Your future member Klutch
Thanks given by:
For future reference, I'll refuse to knowingly visit sites like that.
Quote:But that adds up.
I think you mean it "ads" up.
Thanks given by:
What would putting adds or making that account do for Akimbo?
Thanks given by:
I think he assumes you could make money off of it... One thing I really like about AC is how few ads there are. Please don't do this to me.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 11, 10:43PM)XKluTcHM0nSt3RX Wrote: One Idea people haven't mentioned is to just make a an adf.ly account. That will actually help with your revenue and people don't have to donate they just click on your link and you get like a few cents. But that adds up. Especially on a website like Assault Cube where you can get 1000 views on your thread. Just make a thread about what you plan on doing and see if people click on it. Also Google has a program called Google ads so check that out to. Good luck with your site.
Your future member Klutch

(03 May 11, 10:54PM)V-Man Wrote: For future reference, I'll refuse to knowingly visit sites like that.
Quote:But that adds up.
I think you mean it "ads" up.

V-Man, look at the very bottom of this page.

:O How did those google ads get there?
Thanks given by:
Honestly, I have no problem with ads as long as they don't get in my face. Personally, I have high regard for google ads as they are only text, and they do a good job of staying out of the way. (case in point, the ad at the bottom of the screen. You won't even see it there most of the time)
Thanks given by:
That's the difference. I don't mind ads on this place because I don't have to go around them in order to use the forum like a forum. Places like adf.ly basically consist of "advertisements, and oh by the way, here's a little AC mod."
Thanks given by:
Just to let you know and kill some of the rumours.

- Akimbo used to be hosted by Rytis, who isn't going to maintain this service. That's why the site is down at the moment.

- We have backups up to 17th April, which will be the status we're going to continue Akimbo, in case Rytis won't manage to hand out the full package.

- The re-launch of Akimbo is planned for next week and depending on probable technical issues, which may delay the grand re-opening a few more days. ;)

In the meantime I suggest people who like to upload AC related contents make use of www.quadropolis.us.

I know a week is a whole lot more of time in the internert, than it is in real life. Though, I beg everyone for patience. We're on it and it will be done as soon as possible.

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the hard work Mr. Floppy. We all appreciate it. :D
Thanks given by:
(04 May 11, 12:16AM)Lantry Wrote: the ad at the bottom of the screen
Woah....O_O
I swear that wasn't there before!
Thanks given by:
Is it my adblocker or are you kidding with the ad thing?
Thanks given by:
Probably your adblocker if you can't see it a_slow_old_man. It's not eye catching or anything though, it's just text with links. Thanks for the info Mr.Floppy, that will probably answer most of people's questions.
Thanks given by:
I had to disable 3 privacy/security extensions to actually see it, so yeah. I don't mind the ads themselves, but I do mind all the crap that is downloaded from Google (and leaves lots of traces there)
Thanks given by: