Making A Second server
hey so im trying to make a second server, i did it before but forgot now :/

i already made a new port and and all that, but i just forgot how i make the second server, can someone help me please
Thanks given by:
Yup. You copy and paste another instance of the server .bat file, then you right click, and "edit" You change the -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt to the server commandline file for the second server. IE: -Cconfig/servercmdlinematch.txt, if you were also hosting a match server.

And there you go
Thanks given by:
im kinda lost, like i made a copy of server_wizard, server, and servercmdline and changed all there names, and when i double clicked server2 it said ERROR assault cube error could not create server info into pocket
Thanks given by:
Then the port you have didnt work.

http://wiki.cubers.net Wrote:could not create server info socket
Failed to open port "base+1" (default 28764). Did you use '-f' to specify a 'cool' but non-working port number? Is the port already in use? For example, by another AC server? Do you need special permission to open a listening port? Is a software firewall blocking you?

You should paste the contents of the server2.bat and the yourcommandlineinfo.txt for us, with the exception of any admin passwords of course. :)
Thanks given by:
just make a copy of the server bat. (name it anything you want) edit and in the server bat (bin_win32\ac_server.exe -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
pause) change it to ac_server2 ( or the name you changed it to), -Cconfig/servercmdline2 .

then make copies of your cmdline in your config folder along with nicknameblacklist, and serverpwd, and rename them and add a 2 at the end of the name Ex: nicknameblacklist2

also in your copied servercmdline2 in config folder you just made you need to add the swith
-f(port)
say you use 28763 for your first server, then you want 80808 as your second server add -f80808 switch to the servercmdline2

or you can use this LINK
Thanks given by:
Default isn´t 28764, default is 28763 ;)
Thanks given by:
ok i got the second server, but there are still some problems, i cant run them at the same time, and the maprot and admin pass for server 1 is the same for server 2, but i changed all that, but they seem to be the same on server1 and 2, but the servercmdline2 is changed to fit for server2, and it does work, but maprot and serverpwd doesnt.
Thanks given by:
Because in the servercmdline, you need to specify which maprotation to ues, and which serverpwd to use. Also, you need to specify which port you're using for the second server
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 07:20PM)Joe Smith Wrote: ...say you use 28764 for your first server, then you want 80808 as your second server...
(14 Mar 11, 10:08PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Default isn´t 28764, default is 28763 ;)
Not only that, but don't try to use 80808; the maximum for UDP (and TCP) is 65535.
Thanks given by:
ok thank you mai mee, i got it working so that i can run both servers, i forgot to add the -f in servercmdline, now this is the last thing lol, i dont know how to specify wich maprot to use and serverpwd to use in the servercmdline, could you explain that a little more for me please? i appreciate the help
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 11:33PM)jamz Wrote:
(14 Mar 11, 07:20PM)Joe Smith Wrote: ...say you use 28764 for your first server, then you want 80808 as your second server...
(14 Mar 11, 10:08PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Default isn´t 28764, default is 28763 ;)
Not only that, but don't try to use 80808; the maximum for UDP (and TCP) is 65535.

it was just an example :)

Thanks given by:
the -r switch defines which maprotation to use, IE: -rconfig/matchmaprot.txt or -rconfig/matchmaprot.cfg. (Doesn't matter which one, it's easier to create a txt file really.)

the -X switch determines the list of passwords. IE: -Xconfig/servpwd2.txt or -Xconfig/serverpwd2.cfg.

Make sure you don't forget to capitalize X, that way it's not the -x switch.
Thanks given by:
thank you very much!! got it working now its all good, thank you and i really appreciate you helping me out :D
Thanks given by:
You're welcome, and no problem, Bricksquad
Thanks given by: