Map Help.,.
Working on a map right now. Anyways, there is a courtyard part of it and the fence isn't equal'ed up.

[Image: ac_crank1.jpg]

What can be done to fill in that gap+make it seem natural?
edit: nvm I "made it work"

(and I'll use this thread for other questions that pop up for me in the future...)

Thanks given by:
brick wall or reorganize them
Thanks given by:
next: how do you delete stuff? fences, etc.
Thanks given by:
Backspace. Be careful, the nearest entity will be deleted (light, pickup, mapmodel...)
Thanks given by:
Thanks Andrez!!!

The courtyard area is fixed up ^_^-b
Thanks given by:
The text on the lower left will help you identify what you are about to delete btw.
Thanks given by:
To select specific items, you can right click in edit mode, go to "map operations", then look for "select only these entities" and move the slider to the specific group you want to delete objects from. This is good if you are in areas with a lot of other entities. Make sure to put it back to all when your done otherwise you will end up deleting other items that you may not want deleted.

Another good hint, if you happen to know an entities model number, you can look for it in your number string and have it deleted when the appropriate "star" is selected. You know when an item is selected when its "star" turns blue. The blue item is the one to be deleted if you hit backspace.
Thanks given by:
it is better to use "/delent" command (if you have specific keyboard)
Thanks given by:
Or if you raped your default keybinds... u_u
Thanks given by:
*cough* time someone said it: RTFM Nightmare.
And yes, that's a pun - but it's primary intention is a suggestive note @ the user Nightmare.
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 11, 12:28AM)flowtron Wrote: *cough* time someone said it: RTFM Nightmare.
And yes, that's a pun - but it's primary intention is a suggestive note @ the user Nightmare.

whats rtfm? .___.
Thanks given by:
RTFM = Read the frigging manual
Thanks given by:
I thought the "F" stood for "frickin'"?

(Edit: "freaking"?)
Thanks given by:
To be honest, after Gibstick spelled it out for me, I thought he was putting in a nicer F word as a substitute :(

Also, thank you to everybody who put something useful here and helped :)
If any more problems arise, I'll get back to this thread.
Thanks given by:
Depends. If you don't mind the F-word, then it's "Read The F*cking Manual", but if you don't mind personal insults it could also be "Read The FAQ, Moron".
Thanks given by:
^Would be pretty mean, especially since the backspace thing was hiding in the misc section in the docs. ;)
Thanks given by:
Well, I think the docs really give you all the basics to start off nicely and the particular thing you've been asking for is not at "misc", but where it belongs. -> Map editing: Entities

In general, a lot of people (including me) interprete such very beginner's questions as "I'm too lazy to read, please tell me quickly..". See, we're not going to make big efforts as someone is not showing serious interest.

Don't get me wrong, in fact there's quite some stuff being rather weird with the cube engine and yes, there are quite some commands and stuff missing or badly placed in the docs/help menu. And of course you can come here in order to get help, but you may always try to figure out stuff yourself first, otherwise you'll get a lot of RTFM's in the future. ;)

Happy mapping!
Thanks given by:
i thought RTFM means Read The Fucking Manual :)
Thanks given by:
Thanks floppy. I meant the "interface and controls" part of the mapping section of the docs ^^
where it does put it under "misc"
I have read the docs(more than once), or else I'd have lots more questions obviously.
I just missed the backspace part in both areas where it is seen. (and chose to not check again as I missed it during my reads and never thought it was there)
My fault for missing it in both areas where the answer was right infront of me.
Thanks given by:
I mostly use delent anyway, so i don't get in the habit of hitting the backspace key before i really mean to.
Thanks given by:
I hit backspace all the time and accidentally delete half of my map's decoration.

Mostly when I'm typing a command like for ladder ents or for fullbright XD
Thanks given by:
Sounds like something I'd do ;)
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 11, 08:22PM)Alien Wrote: i thought RTFM means Read The Fucking Manual :)

That's for when you're having trouble with copulation. Totally unrelated to computer-related RTFM.
Thanks given by:
Read The Fragging Manual?
Thanks given by:
(15 Mar 11, 11:09PM)Mikey Wrote: I hit backspace all the time and accidentally delete half of my map's decoration.

Mostly when I'm typing a command like for ladder ents or for fullbright XD

Hold 1,2,3, or 4 and scroll to change ents faster without using the the console. :)
Thanks given by:
(14 Mar 11, 03:26AM)V-Man Wrote: Or if you raped your default keybinds... u_u

I use a Dvorak keyboard. So I technically did that. :/
Thanks given by: