ARG! Right password, but can't get admin on my server
I made this lan server for me and my brother. We wanted to try some stages I downloaded, so I tried to connect as admin. First I tried "connect as admin" but I didn't make it, I thought I had set the IP wrong. So i tried setadmin, and join on the server itself, but there I understood the IP wasn't the problem, it was the password. I wrote the password 3 times, then I made a new password, which was just the key "A" then started the server again. I am pretty sure I know how A is writtin, but the server kicked me again! WHAT THE F***!!?
I use a mac and the server is set up on the start up of assault cube. I have set the admin password there. Please help me :'(
Thanks given by:
How did you set the password? did you use the -x switch?

Quote:// -x // adminpasswd, don't use, use serverpwd.cfg instead

add -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt to your bat/sh file and use the config/serverpwd.cfg file instead. Using this file you do not need to reboot to add new passwords too.

EDIT: Just saw that you use a mac, i dont know if its the same for mac.
Thanks given by:
In mac you just fill in the spaces, I know windows got a comand thing there.
On the mac it looks something like this:
Name:
ServerPassword:
AdminPassword:
Max Clients:
Advanced Options:
(start)

I read in the console right this after starting the server:
Read 0 admin passwords from 'config/serverpwd.cfg'
This was written in the Serverpwd.cfg:

// list of additional server admin passwords
// WARNING: You can NOT use CubeScript in here!!
// one password per line

// Use the following scheme...
// password [denyadmin]
// optional: if denyadmin is set to '1', the password can only be used to connect to the server in case of ban, not to claim admin
Thanks given by:
try adding your password on a new line in serverpwd.cfg, instead of filling "ServerPassword" as billybob said
Thanks given by:
Do I have to use // in the start of the password? Could you give and example? I'll try my best on my own till I get an answear. A little complicated as I have never worked with comandlines before, if you could call it that :P
Yes, it worked. Thanks for the help guys ;)
Thanks given by:
For the future, // is only for COMMENTS. Which means, anything that starts with // will be ignored.
Thanks given by:
yeah, I kinda figured that out :P but thanks anyways
Thanks given by: