Thanks TyD.
(08 Mar 11, 04:52AM)Cemer Wrote:
(08 Mar 11, 04:47AM)C4rma Wrote: Roflcopter: I guess a tag ban screams "please enter our servers" to you.

I loled so hard on that...
Continue on non-warlike offensives.

There is nothing funny about making a logical fallacy, specifically a straw man argument. Also, just because a tag ban doesn't imply being welcome, doesn't mean that a tag ban implies not being welcome.
Thanks given by:
it implies being not welcome while wearing your Clan's name in your name.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 04:47AM)C4rma Wrote: Roflcopter: I guess a tag ban screams "please enter our servers" to you.

No it screams "do not use x tag on this server"(and similar modifications of tag x). It does not scream "you cannot play at all on this server and will be blacklisted if you do so".

(08 Mar 11, 05:08AM)MCS Wrote: it implies being not welcome while wearing your Clan's name in your name.

So I am allowed to play as "sunnyknight" yes?
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 05:08AM)MCS Wrote: it implies being not welcome while wearing your Clan's name in your name.

And so if a server had such a tag ban it would have blocked me. I only used my plain name on your servers to my knowledge.
Thanks given by:
well we keep seeing your clan mates with YOUR tag (or other REALLY brilliant versions) coming in. We kept screaming "Don't wear you tag in here" to no avail. So when we got tired of screaming........we banned :/ Sorry it had to be this way.
(08 Mar 11, 05:08AM)castiel Wrote: So I am allowed to play as "sunnyknight" yes?

you were
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 05:13AM)MCS Wrote: well we keep seeing your clan mates with YOUR tag (or other REALLY brilliant versions) coming in. We kept screaming "Don't wear you tag in here" to no avail. So when we got tired of screaming........we banned :/ Sorry it had to be this way.
(08 Mar 11, 05:08AM)castiel Wrote: So I am allowed to play as "sunnyknight" yes?

you were

No I was banned last night.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 05:13AM)MCS Wrote: well we keep seeing your clan mates with YOUR tag (or other REALLY brilliant versions) coming in. We kept screaming "Don't wear you tag in here" to no avail. So when we got tired of screaming........we banned :/ Sorry it had to be this way.

Well for the record I told members to not modify the clan tag ever since the issue was raised and I myself have not done so. Yet I'm still banned. Also, I think yata has been away so I doubt he was evading bans but is also blacklisted.

I'm hoping also that TyD will realize that we are a team that wants to play fairly, will remove any cheaters, and are firmly against poor conduct. Yes, we've made mistakes on the people we allowed into our team before, but that has been fixed. Yes, our website is designed and hosted by Davitomon, but it's only a casual link. I just see no reason for the tag ban in general.
Thanks given by:
well as they aren't my servers I can't do anything about it. One of the reasons I got out of the council was to avoid these types of discussions
yes you were banned last night... so i used the word were
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 05:27AM)MCS Wrote: well as they aren't my servers I can't do anything about it. One of the reasons I got out of the council was to avoid these types of discussions

Well to my knowledge I didn't use any of these modified clan tags so why I was I also banned?
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 05:27AM)MCS Wrote: well as they aren't my servers I can't do anything about it. One of the reasons I got out of the council was to avoid these types of discussions

I think many are of the view that TyD are rather overzealous. I mean, just seeing Newbie blacklisted (he's a high-standing Sauerbraten player in DM) seems absurd.

I think this type of blacklisting is very detrimental to the game which is why I'm surprised TyD are continuing it -- especially considering their tradition of nurturing the game.
Thanks given by:
I'm just clarifying something here, say if Castiel left legacy, would his ban be removed?
Thanks given by:
Thank you TyD for Emoposer and Princess. .93FTW!! KH FTW!!
Thanks given by:
No idea Hunts, but I still find this IP ban is very unfair to Castiel, and to any other legacy member who did not use any modified tag to evade the ban.

Just sad :|

Why not only ban the ones who kept using modified tags, and obviously tag evading in the first place?
Thanks given by:
Afaik (feel free to send me logs), I have never evaded tag bans on TyD's servers. If you're going to blacklist me for something, at least make it a legitimate reason and not a load of bullshit

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 07:00AM)Impaktd Wrote: Afaik (feel free to send me logs), I have never evaded tag bans on TyD's servers. If you're going to blacklist me for something, at least make it a legitimate reason and not a load of bullshit

Thanks

I don't think they really care, they say we are guilty by association. :|
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 07:08AM)castiel Wrote:
(08 Mar 11, 07:00AM)Impaktd Wrote: Afaik (feel free to send me logs), I have never evaded tag bans on TyD's servers. If you're going to blacklist me for something, at least make it a legitimate reason and not a load of bullshit

Thanks

I don't think they really care, they say we are guilty by association. :|

Well, with that logic, what can you do? This is like arguing against the theologians, except the fact that at least a few of the 'logians admit to their beliefs being completely irrational and unjustifiable
Thanks given by:
Utter Pathetic!
Speechless about this disgusting ban with little reason.

What has AC come to? specially with the decision to IP ban us, surely your real life must be sad so you wanna bring us players down with you.

Oh and yes I used modified tags such as |one|, |1|.
But why didn't use ban the person who modified my name from |oNe|BULL3T to BULL3T. I was told he is allowed to do that.
Thanks given by:
So if I joined |oNe| or Legacy. I would be banned?

All hail |oNe|

Thanks given by:
Without questioning the logic behind the clan-tag bans (I may do so elsewhere later),

The problem here is two-fold:
1) TyD contributes to the problem by banning a specific tag, then getting upset about similar tags. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, mates. The game will only block the tags you explicitly specify.
Enter all the strings you'd consider to be similar to the tags you hate so badly instead of setting a trap.
At any rate, if you felt like blacklisting them, you should have done that in the first place instead of this odd wishy-washy stuff (not very TyD, IMO).

2) Those whose tags were banned contribute to the problem by connecting to the server with a similar tag, realizing that the tag is probably the problem. If you notice this, then accept the fact that your tag is not wanted -- and, very likely, any similar tags or nicknames.

Overall, I feel that blacklisting is an extreme measure reserved for only the most foul offenders. If a person is meeting your rules (and when they are blacklisted you cannot say in any given minute that they are not), there is no reason to blacklist. Castiel and the rest of oNe and Legacy have now been made aware that your tag ban is not restricted to only the exact strings provided in your nicknameblacklist.cfg file, so now you can expect them to keep that rule.

Though, like you said, it's your server, and you'll do what you like with it. The reason for the uproar is that people feel that you're not prepared for the loss of popularity you'll incur with this behavior.

That said...
Any posts that don't actually contribute to problem-solving will be deleted.
This thread is an inch away from being closed.
Thanks given by:
Upon reading the first page, even the first post I was tempted to become over-zealous and eager, impatient and rash (much like TyD and Legacy in this conversation) to close it. Keep the flames to yourself.

On my personal views, I am very depressed by you TyD. You are banning clans with a BL that is used by many people? These people are mainly subscribing to get a protection from cheaters! Putting up bans because of mostly personal issues is just wrong. If you do that, make multipul blacklists that people can suscribe to "cheaters" and a "personal_tyd_issues" would be perfect names. Being aware of your extreme knowledge of server hosting, I know you know that you can use multipul blacklists. This is just sad to see such an abuse of power.

As for legacy, I am also saddened by your actions. You say you forbid your members of ban evasion, yet you never enforced it. Clan leaders need to know when someone is stepping out of bounds and fix it. Clan leaders need to know when a member needs to get a suspension, or some kind of punishment. Of course no one will listen to you if you show no authority. As for clan members, you guys need to realize what is going south when it is going south. Clan members need to notify leaders of problems. This is not only for self benefit but also to uphold the pride and integrity of the clan. Members of the clan evading the ban; grow up, you are only making the problem worse, and not improving the image of legacy any more.

For all partys involved: You do not lose pride for admitting that you are wrong. If anything, this shows you have guts to admit you are wrong. Kudos to you for keeping your head held high.

This is not only wrongs on Legacy's part, but also on TyD's part.
Legacy, you need to show control. I have lost a lot of respect for you with these recent events. I'm sure I'm not speaking for just myself here.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I admit I was at wrong by tag evasion but the thing is, half of us did not evade a tag ban and all the IP's that TyD have access to they have banned not just from us but from oNe to, now all our clan is blacklisted from pretty much everywhere and all you are doing is ruining the game for many clans. I am just glad *SOME* servers do not use this blacklist. GG's TyD, no more public games coming from me now!
Thanks given by:
Why am i on the TyD blacklist, i didn't abuse anything and i was not warned even once. I'm against to get banned because my clan host Panicow(how the fuck does this shit belong to me and my clanmates) ban the specific player or warn in advance.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 06:12AM)Huntsman Wrote: I'm just clarifying something here, say if Castiel left legacy, would his ban be removed?

Eh? Someone answer please?

Castiel: Stop bringing up sunnyknight, because he's getting darker and darker. The very fact that the rest of your aliases/nicks aren't listed in the blacklist entry probably means you weren't specifically blacklisted for playing as sunnyknight. Just guilty by association it seems, and you can argue against that.
Thanks given by:
(08 Mar 11, 05:35AM)castiel Wrote:

Well to my knowledge I didn't use any of these modified clan tags so why I was I also banned?

Well this pretty much makes it clear for me about castiel's situation. You say that the tags are banned for those particular clans (oNe and legacy) to not represent their clan inside your servers, but if a member from one of those clans uses a completely disparate alias with no tag, it is allowed.

Castiel stated that he did not use any modified clan tags, indicating according to him that he entered your servers with an alias; thus not representing his clan. Yet he is still blacklisted. Can someone from TyD please clear this up, or if someone has logs to prove Castiel otherwise, then please say something.

Thanks given by:
i evaded clan tag ban for first time... then i was warned i cant do that and started to play as "Sp33dy" or other alias without clan tag...
Thanks given by:
I agree with V-man and Ronald_Reagan.

Specifically that some members still evaded the tag ban does speak poorly about legacy -- although I don't consider it to be a major issue in the league of cheating or racism. We will make it clear to every member to not modify the tag for the purpose of evading bans; I really doubt there will be further issues from this.

I'm still hoping our tag can be removed anyway.
Thanks given by:
To add to my previous sentiments:
Consider exactly how appropriate it is to wave this out in the open, in public, dragging the rest of the community into it and tempting people to fan flames. Other, similar threads were summarily closed because of this; this one only stays open for the hope of some type of resolution and reconciliation.
I hope you guys (legacy and oNe) choose to take this to a clan forum or PMs, where it belongs. In the meantime, it may benefit the community to learn from this that the entries in nicknameblacklist.cfg are meant to block exact partial-string-matches (bad words, not specific people) to prevent players from choosing offensive names -- and that using it to block an entire clan is pointless. Perhaps instead you (TyD) ought to talk privately with the clans to specify what about their actions bug you enough to ostracize thus. I think having the ability to articulate specific facts about this will clear the air some.

Did I mention that pointless, snarky posts here will be deleted? Expect warning points for it now, too.
Thanks given by:
I don't mind to play in the game as |oNe|Bunny or Bunny but you had to warn me first. now, after 2 years being an assaultcube player i get blacklisted for nothing, awesome :).
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20110308142348acsunsett.jpg]
[Image: 20110308142353acsunsett.jpg]

lol .

|oNe|CicloN
Thanks given by:
Don't take issues into public forums as long as you're not going to share all information with the users.

I have no clue what this is about and I see no reason to keep this open. Please do as V-Man said and take this to a more private place.

Thank you!
Thanks given by: