Community Map Pack
http://acmappack.co.cc/

The CMP is a collection of high quality maps that aren't currently in the official download package. These maps are quite strong in all aspects, in textures, geometry, gameplay. This pack is an easy way for new members to download a bunch of new maps at once - though AssaultCube has an in-game map send/receive system, custom content has to be downloaded manually. The pack helps with this. Read more about the pack at the site.

See all of the maps that are included in the pack here.

http://acmappack.co.cc/
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good map collection, are there going to be some screenshots of each map in that web site?
Thanks given by:
I haven't played on all of these yet, but I plan to do so right away. Thanks for this post. I've been looking for good non-official maps.
Thanks given by:
@Toca, that actually isn't a bad idea. But not on the front page, it's not meant to hog bandwidth :)

Incase anyone missed it, this had been up since January :P
Thanks given by:
:D
Maybe you can replace it to my server... Or just send me the pics, and i can upload them.
I've unlimited bandwidth.
Thanks given by:
I just went through every map in the pack. It took a REALLY long time, but it game a clanmate the idea to add some of the best ones to his map rotation. This was very worthwhile.
Thanks given by:
I like it. Gonna download it later.
Thanks given by:
@MathiasB
I meant, as I also explained to someone else, that people who go to the site don't need to be hit with 5mb without a choice. But thx anyway.
Thanks given by:
Oh sorry, i read your answer to fast...
I thought you writ that it DID was the prob, i'm sorry
Thanks given by:
Nice maps, thanks for this.
Thanks given by:
Hey R4zor... ac_sands still wants in :p

I did a lot more editing and completely redid the passageway from the RVSF base.
Thanks given by:
As I've pointed out before, good map collection.

Every player can vote any of these maps on all TyD servers.
Thanks given by:
AC-1.1 will have built-in support for "offical mappacks", meaning we will set up a workflow for semi-regular releases of such bundles of maps/models/textures/etc. that aren't quite release-material but nonetheless should be easy to share with the community.
Maps generated with content (textures) that are in an installed mappack will notice this and inform the user of the mappack-IDs that are required to enjoy it in it's intended beauty.
More about this feature once we have figured out the final details of that workflow - but just so you know there's stuff in the works to help distribute all but the worst maps in an easy fashion, in the future.
Thanks given by:
Has anything in the mappack changed since the website were down? I downloaded this and every update for it before hand
Thanks given by:
R4zor, is there any way to pick and choose maps if we don't want to download the entire thing? There are places we could have a remote download for each.
Thanks given by:
Most, if not all, i'm sure are available on quad/akimbo. Go search 'em yourself i guess?

ps: Is this anti-flood time measure before posting necessary? very annoying for us 'fast readers' :P
Thanks given by:
I've added a little chatbox to the site so some people can easily suggest maps. I do plan to update this soon/eventually, this could help.

I also made some wording a bit clearer too.
Thanks given by:
nice job R4zor :)!
Thanks given by:
Where do I place these files?
Thanks given by:
Just put the "packages" folder in the root of your AC directory, home dir if you wish.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 02:53PM)Gibstick Wrote: Just put the "packages" folder in the root of your AC directory, home dir if you wish.

Ok thanks!
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 03:12PM)Gundam00_Assault Wrote: [quote='Gibstick' pid='1911' dateline='1277819588']
Just put the "packages" folder in the root of your AC directory, home dir if you wish.

wait where is that? Im using a mac so it might be different it might not but how do i get into home dir?
Thanks given by:
I don't know, something to do with "View package contents" and just put the "packages" folder in the root. Your home dir is specified with the --HOME switch.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jun 10, 10:19PM)Gibstick Wrote: I don't know, something to do with "View package contents" and just put the "packages" folder in the root. Your home dir is specified with the --HOME switch.

i have no clue what the home switch is. Do i need to put it somewhere in the "sourcecode" folder? I honestly have never done anything like this before. sorry
Thanks given by:
GreaterBeing, open a finder window and click:

Applications - Assaultcube - right click Assaultcube.app - show packet contents - Contents - Gamedata - Packages - maps
Thanks given by:
Except unzip the whole thing just to the AssaultCube folder, and not maps :)

I'm looking for final versions of the following maps:
ac_silora_beta by KidKrazy
ac_quarter & ac_mill betas by a_slow_old_man + Raczo
dm_storage_beta by SnD
ac_snowfall_beta by 4bit

if anybody knows if there is a full version of these maps post/pm the link :)
Thanks given by:
@R4zor:
I don't think I'll continue on quarter and mill :/

But when I find the time to finish em, I'll let you know^^
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 10, 09:16AM)flowtron Wrote: AC-1.1 will have built-in support for "offical mappacks", meaning we will set up a workflow for semi-regular releases of such bundles of maps/models/textures/etc. that aren't quite release-material but nonetheless should be easy to share with the community.

it will be so good to be able to play these maps in a big server, hope it can happen!
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 10, 11:30AM)yata Wrote:
(22 Jun 10, 09:16AM)flowtron Wrote: AC-1.1 will have built-in support for "offical mappacks", meaning we will set up a workflow for semi-regular releases of such bundles of maps/models/textures/etc. that aren't quite release-material but nonetheless should be easy to share with the community.

it will be so good to be able to play these maps in a big server, hope it can happen!

Everyone of these maps are votable at the TyD servers
Thanks given by:
Yes, but unless everyone has the custom content half of them will be unplayable :'(
Thanks given by: