Hard Working AC devs
Hi devs of AC, I just wanted to say something. You guys are really putting a lot of work into AC and we, as a community, really appreciate it. I really appreciate it. I am not kidding either. I am dead serious. You really love your game and are putting a lot of effort into it. Thank you for that.

My concern is however that you are putting too much into it. 1.1 seems like it's coming so fast that 1.0.4 hasn't even had a chance to settle. AC .93 played for awhile, and it grew into an awesome cult movement. It had an underground feeling that brought everyone together. Right now, we've barely had time to get used to 1.0.4. At least that's true for me. It hasn't been around for a long enough time to grow, to mold and mettle those groups of AC clans/players/atmosphere etc etc that was so prevalent and made .93 so much fun. Yet while I miss those days, I do appreciate the changes that have occurred. What I'm worried about is that it's just coming too fast. We haven't had time to mold into that cohesive sense of AC unity that was so prevalent in the past.

Well I'm rambling at this point. So I'll get to the crux of the matter. I think it would be good to let AC chill for awhile. Let it get that underground status back, and knit itself into an awesome community again. Then bring 1.1 out. I just have a feeling that all the devwork is really gnawing on ya, and is straining the love that was originally there. I am sorry for my part in past problems and for the loss of members who were an integral part of this once cohesive community.

So please, take a break, rest up, and come back refreshed and ready to unleash AC 1.1 on us with a massive BOOM FISH!!

Thank you shimmies for the greatest game I've ever played (aside from chess and anything involving shots ;D)
Thanks given by:
Delaying the features to be included in 1.1 will do nothing to solve the problems the community is currently facing, though I would like to see the devs take a good hard look at the game and see if 1.1 can remove the useful exploits. If that takes more time I'm all for it.
Thanks given by:
i miss that 'underground status' but sadly i dont think its coming back :[
Thanks given by:
I agree with MG. It would be nice staying with 1.0.4 a bit longer so it becomes molded somehow to the AC community just like .93 did. It would also help the devs since there would be less pressure and they would take their time and try to do their best instead of rushing. Unless, there is something that forces you to publish it right away?
Thanks given by:
0.93 was really bomb.
Thanks given by:
Agreed :)
Thanks given by:
MorganKell Wrote:1.1 seems like it's coming so fast that 1.0.4 hasn't even had a chance to settle. AC .93 played for awhile, and it grew into an awesome cult movement. It had an underground feeling that brought everyone together.

Really, what kind of nonsense is this? What are you talking about? Maybe you should remember the following release dates:
  • 0.93 - June 2007, 6th
  • 1.0.0 - November 2008, 27th
  • 1.0.4 - June 2009, 16th

Means that the life spawn of 0.93 was 1 1/2 years. Probably the most people don't remember the massive waves of cheaters we have had in that time. Therefore it was just a necessity to work together to fight them.

Also we shouldn't forget that many gamers has left the game after a while because the game has become quite boring for them after playing for months. And therefore it was just a normal process that the remaining community members have done some events or developed new match styles to create some attractions around the game.

Nevertheless the 1.0.0 release has been eagerly awaited. As you can see the 1.0.x family (and the current release is part of it) does exist since November 2008 (18 months if I count correct). And in a few day it's latest update (1.0.4) exist since 1 year and a month.

So how long do a software to settle for you? 2 years? 3 years? Cause you are still living in the romantic painted AC past (no offense) probably longer.

No, the time has changed, the community also and with it also the game. Other problems are still unsolved (e.g. cheaters). Therefore it's time to do a cut. And maybe we can take the upcoming 1.1 release as a chance to reanimate the good aspects of AC (call it underground feeling or w/e).
Thanks given by:
Don't let 1.0.4 sit here. Don't rush 1.1. Get it out when it's ready, at whatever pace seems decent.
Thanks given by:
Nowadays games have a life time of one year (call of duty for example). 1.0 has got now a life time of one and a half. I think the current problems have to be fixed as soon as possible like Apollo already said.
Thanks given by:
In 0.93 it was talking bots with various skills in game , now at most cases it is social people with forum karma or irc quotes. :)

But you missed the hidden purpose of this thread in Morgan's words, when 1.1 ? :)
Thanks given by:
I sure want something new, im not been in the game so long but it can get rather boring yes.
Thanks given by:
If someone like myself was able to find AssaultCube, the "underground" aspect of it is completely gone.

I agree, the devs are doing a great jorb.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 02:34PM)Alien Wrote: But you missed the hidden purpose of this thread in Morgan's words, when 1.1 ? :)
As soon as possible

(10 Jul 10, 03:39PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: If someone like myself was able to find AssaultCube, the "underground" aspect of it is completely gone.
[joke]"underground": what about making it invite only? :P[/joke]
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 11:56AM)R4zor Wrote: Don't let 1.0.4 sit here. Don't rush 1.1. Get it out when it's ready, at whatever pace seems decent.

I agree with R4zor here, it comes out when it comes out, the devs//mods don't need to rush things, but they cant sit back and let the hackers fly-by..Basically go with the flow :P
Thanks given by:
tron :P
Thanks given by:
I havent played in a fairly long time because well i got bored.....when 1.1 comes out im going to try to come back...i played around the last 4 or 5 weeks of .93 and played alll up until around 6 months ago. I just got bored. But i agree with R4zor we should just let it come out when its ready
Thanks given by:
I can still vouch that this game does certainly have an underground touch to it still. It may not have that feeling for some of the older players here, but there certainly is still some.

I've literally played every game under the sun from Urban Terror to Call of Duty 4. All those third party mods, etc... And still, I only came accross this game about a week ago.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 10, 03:39PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: If someone like myself was able to find AssaultCube, the "underground" aspect of it is completely gone.
[joke]"underground": what about making it invite only? :P[/joke]
[/quote]

BRIANT!!! a lot less players but xD i like it ^^
Thanks given by:
It was never really underground. It was more like small.
Thanks given by: