mapname ac_arabic already taken?
is there already a map named ac_arabic?
Thanks given by:
No.
Thanks given by:
or that title, thank gosh cause I'm in the middle of making a map with that name
Thanks given by:
No, but these a very good map by jiba called ac_arabian that you wouldn't want to get it mixed up with.
Thanks given by:
I know ac_arabian I love that place. But ac_arabic is going to have some qualities that ac_arabian doesn't obviously but the theme is the same.
Thanks given by:
A little suggestion that could help for your maps titles... Just open Google and search for "mapnameyouwanttolookfor", quotation marks included. If the map already exists you'll certainly find something coming from here, Quadropolis, Akimbo, or some clan forum/website.
Thanks given by:
cool Andrez, ty
Thanks given by:
Or try the search function up there ^^^ (very top, site search, not forum search) that is a very powerful search function. Searches everything in the cubers.net domain. (I believe)
Thanks given by:
What about Apollo Arabic Night??
Thanks given by:
"apollo_arabicnight_1.5" is a bit different from "arabic".
Thanks given by:
Yeah i know but still Maybe one Day becomes official and they pic ac_arabic???? FTW xD
* jAcKRoCk* is kinda sleepy
Thanks given by:
why would it get called arabic and not arabicnight? :D Good luck with your map Elven!
Thanks given by:
Actually - the "ac_"-prefix is mostly legacy (tradition) and related largely to old-school quadropolis paradigms. I'd simply suggest you prefix your maps with your mnemonic/moniker .. so I'd call my maps "ft_*" .. that way even the most common mapnames will probably not clash.
Also - you can simply try searching on quadropolis or akimbo for these names, since the only true claim to have on a mapname would be by having published it first.
Thanks given by:
* V-Man begins work on Gema V-Arabic
Thanks given by:
* MykeGregory wonders why the text is still red.

why do all the maps have to have AC_ before them...?
Thanks given by:
You don't.

(28 Feb 11, 03:33PM)flowtron Wrote: Actually - the "ac_"-prefix is mostly legacy (tradition) and related largely to old-school quadropolis paradigms. I'd simply suggest you prefix your maps with your mnemonic/moniker .. so I'd call my maps "ft_*" .. that way even the most common mapnames will probably not clash.

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help guys/gals (if there are any)
Thanks given by:
IMO arabic and arabian sound too alike.
Thanks given by:
how about ac_afghan or ac_oriental or maybe even ac_barrens
Thanks given by:
hmm I like ac_afghan
Thanks given by:
wf_scorched :D
Thanks given by:
I need to start coming up with more imaginative names for my maps :/

ac_afghan sound cool mate.
Thanks given by:
This:
[Image: Afghan_Hound.jpg]

Or this:
[Image: blanket+014.JPG]
??
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean the dog...
Thanks given by:
Both look quite nice though.
Thanks given by: