Blinking server names
I think most of you saw today that the #sCreW and the CEW servers have got there name blinking...

"hope the devs say something about that I think it's a crappy idea and makes the server browser even more unprofessional looking D:" say's DES|Bukz

I agree completely!
1. It is really irritating
2. Makes the server list "crappy"
3. What an idea!

I hope it will be taken away...
Thanks given by:
So it's not just me who's been seeing that...
thought it was the pills lol
but yeah I agree it should be removed, it's very distracting when looking at the list
Thanks given by:
No it's no pills it's real life :D
Thanks given by:
Well it could just as easily be the pills... depending on which server names are blinking for you o.O
Thanks given by:
Just out of curiosity, how did they do that?
Thanks given by:
the pills? they're magic.
Thanks given by:
\fb as an escape character.
The bane of HTML has entered the realm of AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
I think they'd be using a script (batch/shell) to constantly change the description or name, set with the -n switch.
Thanks given by:
Keep it in cubescript, take it away from the servers.
Thanks given by:
I thought my game was tripping out at first, then I realized what was happening. Yes very annoying.
Thanks given by:
You could make it so its an option in the settings.. "Enable Blinking Sever Text" or something like that, and possibly have it off by default. However, im not a coder, so i have no idea how much work that would be.

Or better yet, make it an option thats off by default, but dont put it in the settings menu, make people do /fancyservertext 1 or something lol.
If you make it an option, then people dont have to see it, and yet people who want to see it still can
Thanks given by:
Just have the client filter it out. Easy enough to do. If the client doesn't like the filter, they can recompile their client with it off.
Thanks given by:
The blinking server names looks cool
I wanna know how they did it :$
Thanks given by:
It's hypnotizing...
Thanks given by:
I saw them too. I was going to have an epileptic seizure.
Thanks given by:
i asked the guys what they use but they dont answer :s
Thanks given by:
I also asked someone and he said it was something with their website or something...
Thanks given by:
\fb
:O THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG!
Look out!
Thanks given by:
The cat was out of the bag 11 posts ago.
Thanks given by:
OMG NVM
Thanks given by:
I was just going by what other people were implying, do you expect me to read all of V-Mans comments?
Thanks given by:
;_;
perhaps from now on I should PM important updates to your inbox instead of hoping you'll find all of my hidden remarks scattered all over the forum like so many easter eggs in April.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 11:43PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: \fb
:O THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG!
Look out!

(28 Feb 11, 12:29AM)jamz Wrote: The cat was out of the bag 11 posts ago.

Peace ok sorry i didn't understand V-Man's post completely
Thanks given by:
I tried to answer the question while still making it enigmatic. XD
Thanks given by:
so u know how to do it?!
Thanks given by:
<_<
>_>
Maybe...
Thanks given by:
Is this really an issue? If it bothers you so much, just use some white-out to cover it up.
Thanks given by:
Lol. There is no knowing how, it just comes naturally :P jk
You must comprehend all server documentation, then you must read every post and make use of the search feature on this site before you will find your answer. It is closer than it appears. If you still do not know I cannot help because I myself find the blinking a bit of an eye irritant :)

Edit: I prefer to use ductape to block out the blinking rather than whiteout, it is a little more efficient and less of a mess
Thanks given by:
I've been shocked by this - still need to find the person who coded this and then strangle them - what was he thinking? I see no sensible use for blinking.
The SVN has been updated, the option still remains but it is off by default and off in any menu too, unless it sets it on via CubeScript, which I'll never condone for the serverbrowser.

I'm actually seriously contemplating banning those servers that do this.
Thanks given by:
Don't lay blame, just fix.

And thank you.
Thanks given by: