Tag evasion ban, are you serious?
I think you should've thought of that beforehands ...
Thanks given by:
Are you blacklisted for a good reason, or do you merely need to put some effort into getting a deban code?
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 02:29PM)Robtics Wrote: I think you should've thought of that beforehands ...

I don't think Xenon knew that tag evasion would = an IP ban.

Also if w00p has life, why isn't w00p tag banned? Same for some other teams, since Davitomon hasn't played I don't think more than 2-3 matches, he hasn't done any harm. And I do know life has played matches in the past representing w00p| - whether he cheated I believe is debated but still. I see he is banned as 'w00p|life' s why not 'w00p|'?

Just curious as to how this system works.
Thanks given by:
Some kind of feudalism I presume.
Thanks given by:
That is... Probably the most accurate description of AC's government I've seen yet. Not quite exact. but still the closest I've seen. XD
Thanks given by:
Its a democracy of friends. A group dictatorship. The only good and fair server owner is jamz.
Thanks given by:
Secretly, every server owner wishes he were more like jamz.
And, in that subtle way, jamz is the ruler of AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
Nah, asians are the rulers of AC.
Thanks given by:
Well we've been banning ban evaders for years now......I'm sure that its been fairly obvious with all of the other incidents of ban evasion over the years. Rather strange too, because I would've thought that KH and oNe would've known this since they've been around long enough. I'm not necessarily saying that the whole clan ban was the best move, but that's how today's society deals with this sort of thing. In the w00p case, the member just changed his tag to something else and just continued with the clan's blessing. The w00p happenings were rather weird, considering he (life) was "removed" for the TyD tourney. Making a miraculous comeback the day after. Course most w00p I know don't play anymore...Meatpie being the coolest w00per we lost :/
Thanks given by:
w00p is dieing slowly. I miss C=64 more than anything really.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 04:32AM)DrauL Wrote: w00p is dieing slowly.
LOL, not really. The more time they don't play the game, the stronger they get. Seriously, just cause they aren't 24/7 on pubs doesn't mean they aren't there. Go to their IRC and you can always see at least 4-5 w00pies there.
Thanks given by:
ok ok I actually saw 2 people in IRC from w00p that play or played AC at some point ;)

@Draul yeah Elcol played more time
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 11:22PM)DrauL Wrote: ...The only good and fair server owner is jamz.

(28 Feb 11, 11:51PM)V-Man Wrote: Secretly, every server owner wishes he were more like jamz.
And, in that subtle way, jamz is the ruler of AssaultCube.

I'm one of the biggest asshats in AC. Please, don't aspire to be like me; there are much friendlier, knowledgeable, amenable role models.

Thanks given by:
Like me :) jks
Thanks given by:
You see Jamz, you are wrong, your one of the only server owners I can speak to, and get an honest, non bullshit answer for anything.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 08:50AM)Prime Wrote: You see Jamz, you are wrong, your one of the only server owners I can speak to, and get an honest, non bullshit answer for anything.
+1

Thanks given by:
Well if you we're handing out hats here then I get biggest drunkhat in AC. Not even Kiwi can touch me!
Thanks given by:
I challenge you to a duel good sir!
Thanks given by:
Challenge Accepted! What will yee be bringing? I shall unveil some Cpt Private Stock!
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 08:50AM)Prime Wrote: You see Jamz, you are wrong, your one of the only server owners I can speak to, and get an honest, non bullshit answer for anything.

+2
Thanks given by:
someone close this and start a we love jamz thread
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 11:15AM)MCS Wrote: someone close this and start a we love jamz thread

Also +1 :P
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 11, 08:17PM)Jason Wrote: I don't think Xenon knew that tag evasion would = an IP ban.

But I think that he could have known that it would have some kind of aftermath, especially as he did it so obvious. Did he really think every single version of your tag would get added to the blacklist everytime someone of you evades the ban? Thats just stupid ...
Thanks given by:
You know what's stupid, a tag ban even though Davitomon has not played in a clan match once, He only really made us a website if I am correct,
Thanks given by:
this is pointless, close this drivel
Thanks given by:
That's obviously not the only reason here since you and others were obviously purposefully avoiding the bans other server owners were trying to enforce.

Also, your clan mate says he played in a few clan matches and now you're saying he played in none and only made a website for you guys; so which one of you has the bad info?
Thanks given by:
This blacklist discussions are pointless, is a damn private and personal decision of server owners, its not like any clan tag is in the central BL.
Don't know why ppl keeping changing names to play in servers managed by "asshats" and "feudal lords" that not welcome their clan tags...

Nobody is forbidden you to host a server, block any clan tag you don't like and let whatever clan, cheater or hacker play there. So stop this lame ass whining and go rent a VPS, you cry babies!
Thanks given by:
Look, before this gets closed, i wanna say something. Davi may have played for them but so what? Was he cheating then? This whole episode is because he cheated, what, a year ago? As i recall you guys had no problem letting Morse play again but why not Davi? Get real guys. And guess what, you can be leniant to a specific someone. I wouldnt apply the same rules to someone who cheated a couple times compared to 100%geek. With the new version Feng got unbanned and he is a pain. Did Davi not? Or did re-add him? Everyone needs to chill the hell out.
Thanks given by:
hey wait, watch this.
(closed)
Thanks given by: