Wanted: person with good recording voice!
I'm looking for someone that sounds good when doing voice recordings/is good with sound that can record themselves saying a few phrases (these are ideas anyway):

"Achievement unlocked!"
"Level completed!"

"Level one achievement unlocked!"
"Level two achievement unlocked!"
"Level three achievement unlocked"

"Level one complete!"
"Level two complete!"
"Level three complete!"

"Level up!"
"New difficulty!"

...or any other phrases you may think will go well with the script, be creative, show us what you got! :D

They should sound enthusiastic but not be over the top. Also note that they will undergo some editing and be dubbed over some existing sounds that GeneralDisarray is working on. The recordings you make may become part of the next release of "The Achievements Script" and of course you will get full credit for your part in the voice recording of the sounds.

Note that if you are gonna attempt to record these, try to keep them in a lossless audio format such as .flac or .wav as well as an ideal range of 44/48 kHz so no quality is lost when GD starts to tinker with them. Also if possible add 2-4 seconds of "silence" to the beginning and end of each clip.

V-Man bust your recording equipment out! XD

Edit:

Just so there is no confusion or hard feelings in the near future:

Remember that by doing this you're simply volunteering your time/effort/work to us/the achievements script in general and while you will be credited for your work/efforts, we cannot guarantee what license will be slapped on the final sounds that get packaged with the script, and GD is doing all of the audio editing/enhancement etc., and trying to "sub-license" your vocals within whatever license he prefers for his resulting sounds will just be a big hassle that I'm not willing to coordinate. xD

So just understand that your work must be given to us either without licensing restrictions (e.g. public domain, or some other open-source friendly license) that will allow us to modify/repackage/"re-encode"/redistribute the resulting sounds with your vocals freely and without hassle, all while allowing GD to maintain copyright integrity of his work blah blah blah blah blah I hate licensing...

You get the picture. You work will still be credited to you and appreciated by just as many people, just we can't promise you a final say in what license the sounds are going under upon release. It may be too strict/lenient for your liking but I hope that does not deter anyone from volunteering their time to at least give it a shot. :p

I can promise you that because of the license that the script is released under, there will should be no commercial usage of it from anyone - ever; and I imagine that the license GD decides on will likely be along the lines of "don't do anything without prior written permission", and this specific script has his permission to use the sounds he is creating, but the next guy's mod (note that translations ARE exempt from this) of the script does not without first asking GD. So basically I can guarantee you that your work will should never be used comercially, and likely never be used in anything other than the official and modded versions of this script (most commonly these "modded versions" are simply translations).

/licenserage
Thanks given by:
Let the search of the Cuber with the Golden voice begin!

My uncle doing some tries ;D

Level Completed!
My special

EDIT:
It's fake...
Thanks given by:
Both links are broken.
Thanks given by:
you should give the multi-kill guy from Unreal Tournament a call. ;)
are you looking for a deeper man voice?
Thanks given by:
Honestly not 100% sure what we're looking for here, you can have a little bit of creative fun with it since I'm such a noob with audio and have no expectations, give it a go and show us what you got anyways! :D

Edit:

Links work for me, first one sounds like a Microsoft Sam on acid or something. That really your uncle Wolf? :P
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 12:25AM)Mael Wrote: Both links are broken.
Fixed.

Quote:That really your uncle Wolf? :P
woops.
Thanks given by:
lol. someone should make a microsoft sam voice pack for AC.
* MykeGregory goes to the ideas thread.
Thanks given by:
I myself used to (and on occasion still do) mc for live events in my area and people say I have a great voice. I'll have to get back to you on some samples later when I have time. I have a nice crossfader with a few adjustments and some good software to help also.

EDIT: Ok I finally recorded myself. Be happy that this is a real effort :P
Download it here: X-Ray_Dog MC
EDIT2: Just a sample so I didn't waste any time. Yes that is really me. I had four samples all added as one so it would be one download.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, try someone like .... Obama? O.o
Thanks given by:
some voices from me (in pt-br)
http://fig.if.usp.br/~barreto/some_voices.zip
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 02:48AM)Brahma Wrote: some voices from me (in pt-br)
http://fig.if.usp.br/~barreto/some_voices.zip

Your Portuguese is sexy! MOAR.
Thanks given by:
Wolf... please... tell me you are a girl.
Thanks given by:
Get MM10 to do it. Seriously, his (RL) voice is inspiring.
Thanks given by:
Tried it, but I sound like a retarded german who doesnt know how to pronounce in english xD
Thanks given by:
@ a_slow_old_man

TBH, I tried to record it in english too... but it was even worse :P
Thanks given by:
Hey, i could try...
I'll make some over the next few days. =P
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 12:24PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: Tried it, but I sound like a retarded german who doesnt know how to pronounce in english xD

You sound like the current voicecomm?

i would do it but apparently i have a strange accent/voice.
Thanks given by:
If you have an accent like Steve Irwin you're in!
Thanks given by:
you should call a celebrity ask them to do it.

Suggestions:
ray winstone (For the EPIC win, best voice over ever)
morgan freeman
barrack obama
i would also suggest Don LaFontaine, but i think he is dead.
Thanks given by:
I F1 Morgan Freeman.
You should email his manager and see what they can do ;)
Cant hurt to try.
Oh, Mike Patton might be another person to try, he did the voice for Angry Cube in Portal.
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 08:30PM)MykeGregory Wrote: you should call a celebrity ask them to do it.

Suggestions:
barrack obama

NSFW, but hilarious.
Thanks given by:
"i'm more than freeman, thank you for listening"
any one know what i'm on about?
Thanks given by:
Hmm... maybe some deep pitched voice like the nano suit of crysis 2, but I dont know if that would fit in ac :/
Btw. who made the new voicecoms and how did he made the "com"-noise? xD
Thanks given by:
Darth Vader??
Thanks given by:
darth vader? lol

Luke: hey darth!
Vader: "i'm your father, man!"
Luke: noooooooooo
Vader: "good job team!"
Luke: :(
Thanks given by:
Vader: I...AM...YOUR...TEAMMATE!
Luke: noooooooooo

Vader: The flag is strong with this one!

Vader: Luke... Type /changeteam plz.
Luke: I'll never join you!
Thanks given by:
lol!

This video is a scene from the movie Beowulf (2007). the guy with the cape is voiced by Ray Winstone, he has starred in blockbusters such as Scum, Sexy beast and this film. But he also stars in alot of low budget English films on the side.

So you never know. he could be game for doing a bit of voice over work for AC. ;)
just an idea.
Thanks given by:
General Disarray made the most recent com noises afaik.
Thanks given by:
I am a GENIUS! we should have Mr. Bean do the voices, he has such a strong speaking voice!
Thanks given by:
So, how do I do this? Record the given voicecoms, or just the quotes you gave us, or just anything for the script specifically?

I've got the magic voice in me. ;)
Thanks given by: