Wanted: person with good recording voice!
Preferrably, if you're up for putting some time into it, record all the phrases above (and/or other ones you come up with that you think will be good with the script) and we'll decide on which ones to actually use from there (based on which ones are the best and so on).
Thanks given by:
(25 Feb 11, 06:21PM)V-Man Wrote: Vader: I...AM...YOUR...TEAMMATE!
Luke: noooooooooo

Vader: The flag is strong with this one!

Vader: Luke... Type /changeteam plz.
Luke: I'll never join you!

haha nice ;D
Thanks given by:
I'm up for it :D I'll do the quoted ones, and possibly some more, if I can think of any, considering I've never used the achievement script, although I intend to fix that.

Should I use a .wav format when recording?

Also, could I record two versions of the quotes?
Also, should I upload it mediafire when finished?
Thanks given by:
Wolf: the first clip is promising, but 16 kHz isn't quite good enough, need at least 22. Also, please include 2-4 seconds of pure "silence" before and after each clip. If your uncle can manage it ;)

X-Ray_Dog: Quite decent; again, please leave a few seconds of "silence" around each clip. The recording is a bit "hot", ie the signal is saturated but nicely so, so overall am reasonably happy, but would be nice if you could record with a bit more headroom?

a_slow_old_man: I took the 1.0 voicecoms and processed them to get that kind of sound; if you care for details, they were pitched down 12.5%, very slightly pre-echoed, then run through a filter/distortion amp sim combo.

Mai Mee Tur and others who might wanna give it a go: we want decent sound quality, so preferrably 44/48 kHz. Always a few seconds of "silence" before and after each clip. Phrases should be something like "level 1 complete", "level 2 complete", "final level complete", and "achievement unlocked". Voice acting can easily feel goofy, try to project yourself into the mood of similar announcements like in Unreal Tournament: you're essentially saying "well done" and congratulating the player. Voice needn't be deep, or male for that matter ;)
Thanks given by:
So, should I just say it like I would in a normal conversation, or should I project my voice?
Thanks given by:
Do your best not to be self-conscious while recording them and really let yourself get into "character". Be enthusiastic, just don't go so over-the-top that you're screaming or something. :P
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 11, 09:02AM)GeneralDisarray Wrote: then run through a filter/distortion amp sim combo.

I'm very new to the whole sound editing, does that mean you had a built in sound for the static noises in your program?
Or did you use one from a website like freesounds.org?
Thanks given by:
- What about a Rammstein alike voice?
Thanks given by:
a_slow_old_man: there's no static noise, just the overall "colouring" - imagine you ran a series of effects on a photo to impose a certain look on it; the analogy is exact as audio signal is 1D whereas video signal is 2D.

Greifenstein: we can obviously only work with what will be available; in any case, final decision will be down to Bukz as it's his project.
Thanks given by:
But generally, I should speak as if I'm in normal conversation, congratulating someone? Or should I project my voice, or a mixture of both.
Thanks given by:
Project it as much as you'd like during key parts of the phrase, whatever feels good/adds more emphasis/meaning to it for you. I'd say as a general rule it'd probably be better to start off with a "normal" voice/tone/intensity and gradually increase it to a "peak" point in the phrase and let it drop off slowly from there. It's gonna be hard to go over the top and be on the other extreme on this one, especially with the level completion ones, the players are really working hard to "earn" the reward you'll be giving them, make it worth their time by projecting baybeh! :P
Thanks given by:
Alright, so I'll go for a Steven Tyler sorta thing :P
Thanks given by:
GeneralDisarray: That was an offer.
;D
Thanks given by:
I have sent Bukz my audition. :D
Thanks given by:
How long does this last?
Thanks given by:
I'm 12, (Cue Rock Solid Voice)but I have a rock solid voice.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 11, 12:15AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: How long does this last?

I'm guessing until he releases the next update, though i bet if you are an amazing announcer he would release new sounds. Also, you could always release your sounds as an alternate. (Yo dawg, i heard you like mods, so i made a mod for your mod)
Thanks given by:
I took a try at it. If you like it, I'll redo it in the format you like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p14s2mdn43sg192
Thanks given by:
* VenteX wants Microsoft Sam voices.

soisoisoisoisoi...
Thanks given by:
When I get my laptop fixed, can I do parody voices? Like Indian accents and shit ;)
Thanks given by: