Anyone remember this map?
This can be a thread for the remembrance of the maps that you ALWAYS just had to play when you saw them in the serverlist back when you started the game or even now. These maps can be anything from an official map to an lss_gema_WAFFLES!!!_witlights!!!!.

Please post and discuss to make me happy. :)

My 2 cents: SWAT_silent_day (made by archangel as a sequel to one made by ken)

When I began playing AC this map was the best thing ever. It combined noobiness and a fast paced gameplay that was perfect for me to try every weapon out. At the time tons of servers ran the map and i just loved it. It also taught me the basics of mapping from observing the heightfields and geometry. It is now unable to be played in pub servers because of quality requisites but it was fun.

Download SWAT_silent_day
Thanks given by:
Anyone have boxcube?
Thanks given by:
ac_desert3
Oh good times.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 04:25AM)V-Man Wrote: ac_desert3
Oh good times.

Yeah... I remember playing that 30 minutes ago. Good times indeed.
Thanks given by:
My 2 cents: Douze. Best. Map. Evar.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 02:43AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Anyone have boxcube?
I loved that one. Simple idea but great fun. I didnt see it again and wanted to rebuild it but i lost the patience just to raise cubes over and over again. :/

Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 04:39AM)Lantry Wrote: My 2 cents: Douze. Best. Map. Evar.
Really?
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 04:39AM)Lantry Wrote: My 2 cents: Douze. Best. Map. Evar.

I'd call that more of a 1 cent contribution.
Thanks given by:
How could you guys forget about the ORIGINAL Headshot_City? That was where it was at back then, not some shitty Headshot_City003 remake.

Too bad I no longer have the original file to share with you all. D:
Thanks given by:
Headshot City New York :D

Same as Fate, I don't have the file anymore D:

Wouldn't fit the requisites anyway...
Thanks given by:
ac_italy, 0.93 ftw ! ^^
Thanks given by:
AC_wasteland was some good tosok action.
Thanks given by:
[email protected]
*sigh*
I'm joking by the way...
Unfortunately, it would seem that I started playing AC about the week that 1.1 came out, so I don't have any of those memories of the supposedly great 1.0
:(
However, I have fond memories of TOSOK on TwinTowers take 2.
Nobody plays it any more...
Thanks given by:
EzJemville & _EzJemville_5.0_ may you rest in peace.
We all loved you and will miss you.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone remember _the_ "snipe" from 0.93? It was nothing but a long corridor on a mapsize 8 map, with default textures and terribly overbrightend. You had to pull your gamma down to 50 or so in order to see what's going on. Haha...

Pretty much the first real nooby-map, which happend to be quite popular.

Though, back than nobody considered such funny crap could ever overshadow the real game.
Thanks given by:
someone should make the map 'Redeemer_sniper_heaven' from Unreal Tournament GOTY.
if anyone is familiar with it they will know how savage it was/is. pretty sure its too big to fit the AC map requirments though.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 06:28AM)kleinkariert Wrote:
(22 Feb 11, 02:43AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Anyone have boxcube?
I loved that one. Simple idea but great fun. I didnt see it again and wanted to rebuild it but i lost the patience just to raise cubes over and over again. :/
I've got it, and it's working on this release :D. (Hypercube too xD). And i love so much bs_rusbelt and bs_appalachia.
Some BS-Maps here
Thanks given by:
Who remembers that very small map with the fence in the middle and nade pickups everywhere? :D Not LSS_Brazil :/
Thanks given by:
LSS_Brazil.. Oh that map was something. Also 2 Towers and New York City were very fun maps too.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 02:19PM)pweaks Wrote: LSS_Brazil.. Oh that map was something. Also 2 Towers and New York City were very fun maps too.

Ofcourse :D
Same as me
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 12:04PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: EzJemville & _EzJemville_5.0_ may you rest in peace.
We all loved you and will miss you.

Best TOSOK map ever.
I do miss twin_towers, now that had some good times
and i hate the headshotcity003, so gay
Thanks given by:
i've got loads of maps @ http://bob-ac.co.uk/maps i just copied them all from my docs folder, lol

Im trying to work through which ones work with 1.1 but they're allover the place right now.

Thanks given by:
Ezjemville , Headshot city , wasteland , ac_brasil...

Oh fuck , good times...
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 02:10PM)Robtics Wrote: Who remembers that very small map with the fence in the middle and nade pickups everywhere? :D Not LSS_Brazil :/
ac_tennis ?
Thanks given by:
And Greifenstein ofc :D

Totaly forgot about that gem ^^
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 06:20PM)Greifenstein Wrote:
(22 Feb 11, 02:10PM)Robtics Wrote: Who remembers that very small map with the fence in the middle and nade pickups everywhere? :D Not LSS_Brazil :/
ac_tennis ?

Yup, that must be it. One of the maps I hated from the first second. :P
Thanks given by:
Hah, I never played it. I'd see it in a server and say to myself, "Self, do you want to play AssaultCube or do you want to play tennis?"
Thanks given by:
That map felt more like dodge ball. :)
Thanks given by:
Hey guys, does anyone know this map. I've been looking for it for ages. I remember it actually worked on 1.1. That's the first and last time I saw it. :/

Kinda looks like this map from Counterstrike called Aztec.

pic1

pic2

Except the map uses AssaultCube platforms instead and looks entirely different. It just looks similar to this map from CounterStrike.

pic3

Thanks to anyone who knows the map or even has the map :P
Thanks given by:
SnowOak: I don't know this map but are you sure its not called ac_aztec1/2/3/ w/e? or maybe even de_aztec2? But sorry I don't know it :/
Thanks given by: