a forum 'users online' page.

would this be a good ides for this forum?

i have noticed on the pages at the bottom there is 'people viewing this thread' thing. just thought it would be cool to have a users online area or page.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/online.php
Thanks given by:
I'd F1 that.
Thanks given by:
Umm I'd think there is one, T-Bagging a little too much for you brain Myke ...
Thanks given by:
We should start with a "Thank You" button. That way you would be able to "thank" someone for an especially awesome post they made. On top of that we could have a list of the "Thank You's" you've gotten over time so you look back and see just how flipping awesome your Forum Life really was. On top of even that you would also see at the bottom of each post any "Thank Yous" it got, and the name of the people who "Thanked" it. Cool idea?

[Image: thumbsups.gif] Thankful people: V-Man, jamz, Bukz
Thanks given by:
That'd be cool :)
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 11, 05:29AM)MorganKell Wrote: We should start with a "Thank You" button. That way you would be able to "thank" someone for an especially awesome post they made. On top of that we could have a list of the "Thank You's" you've gotten over time so you look back and see just how flipping awesome your Forum Life really was. On top of even that you would also see at the bottom of each post any "Thank Yous" it got, and the name of the people who "Thanked" it. Cool idea?

[Image: thumbsups.gif] Thankful people: V-Man, jamz

hell yeah!
on i similar note a 'good post' button could work in the same way.
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 11, 11:41AM)MykeGregory Wrote: hell yeah!
on i similar note a 'good post' button could work in the same way.

That's also be kinda cool but then maybe also a "dislike/bad button" incase its offending someone

Thanks given by:
ideas thread anyone?
Thanks given by:
Maybe only the mods could be thanking people?

But for now, *hint hint*
(21 Feb 11, 05:29AM)MorganKell Wrote: We should start with a "Thank You" button. That way you would be able to "thank" someone for an especially awesome post they made. On top of that we could have a list of the "Thank You's" you've gotten over time so you look back and see just how flipping awesome your Forum Life really was. On top of even that you would also see at the bottom of each post any "Thank Yous" it got, and the name of the people who "Thanked" it. Cool idea?

[Image: thumbsups.gif] Thankful people: V-Man, jamz, Bukz, Ronald_Reagan

Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 11, 08:05PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Maybe only the mods could be thanking people?

But for now, *hint hint*

[Image: thumbsups.gif] Thankful people: V-Man, jamz, Bukz, Ronald_Reagan

Well OK... Agreed that's enough atm I think
Thanks given by:
I don't understand (maybe a forum admin can make this clearer) why after many times of us begging for there to be a Thank you/Good post button, the devs have still not done so. Is it because it is not possible or too complex to do so with this host?
Thanks given by:
The 'who is online' page, is a standard part of the myBB software. Dunno why it was removed, I've posted about it before.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 03:07AM)Cactus Wrote: The 'who is online' page, is a standard part of the myBB software. Dunno why it was removed, I've posted about it before.

It wasn't removed
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 11, 03:41AM)Lantry Wrote: It wasn't removed
You never know unless you have been checking it everyday for the past year or... you know... are an admin. Cactus could be right here, but it's the first time I've seen that page anyways. Just because it is there right now, it does not mean it was always there.

Thanks given by:
I didn't think of it that way. good point.
Thanks given by:
What I mean is that on most myBB boards the 'users online' panel is displayed on the main page. I'd never seen that online.php page you posted, is there a link on the front page to it or do you just have to manually type it in?
Thanks given by:
you just have to be 1337 to know about it.
Thanks given by:
I heard that RK removed it for his own reasons. I found out about it though my own fashion. Apparently he doesn't care too much or else he would take the time to remove it from the software. It does provide a nice feature for mods I'd suppose.

To verify, its been around for awhile, I doubt it was never here.
Thanks given by:
I first found it through my profile page. on the left, underneath your name, it says status: Online. click on online, and it will take you to the 'currently online' page.
Thanks given by:
Oh, nice ;P
Thanks given by:
F1 to "Thank You" button, i'm new here, but I surprised by the absence of this button...
Thanks given by:
To get to the online.php page, you gotta click the green icon beside someone's name (only turns green and clickable if the person is online).
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 11, 11:37PM)Gibstick Wrote: To get to the online.php page, you gotta click the green icon beside someone's name (only turns green and clickable if the person is online).

1000 internets to Gibby!
[Image: oh-my-god-1000-internets.jpg?imageSize=M...y-God-Face]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you want a chat room to me, and I would F1 that
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 10:08PM)SuperSniper Wrote: Sounds like you want a chat room to me, and I would F1 that

irc://irc.quakenet.org/assaultcube
or http://assault.cubers.net/irc.html
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 11, 10:08PM)SuperSniper Wrote: Sounds like you want a chat room to me, and I would F1 that

No, he just wants to see who is online and viewing the forums, in a list down the bottom of the index page.
MorganKell wants a thank you button. Which we should get! +100
Thanks given by:
I would like too see who's online...
Thanks given by:
Why not an f1/2 button? Would be appropriate I reckon :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 08:59PM)Gibstick Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/online.php
Stalker link but very helpful
Thanks given by: