CAMP (good or bad)
(20 Feb 11, 06:13PM)MykeGregory Wrote:
(20 Feb 11, 06:03PM)V-Man Wrote: A wise man once said:
Quote:You don't kick campers, you gib them!

...and then teabag them.

...and then repeat.
Thanks given by:
I hate camping,it would be really boring(especially all game). The only time I'll camp is when our base is being bombarded and then I'll camp an entrance and try and clear it to get the team moving out;=}
Thanks given by:
Bad... It annoying when people camp on maps that are generally one sided(where one team always wins...) like on rifle@camper and Redvsblue

I don't mind campers in T/DM or Flag modes because they're easy to pick out and nade but in TOSOK it gets plain annoying.

Also, I don't mind sitting and sniping out a few people then moving on to run around, but consistently camping over and over again gets on my nerves.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 07:09PM)Josiah Wrote: Bad... It annoying when people camp on maps that are generally one sided(where one team always wins...) like on rifle@camper and Redvsblue

which is why you don't play those maps. Problem solved.
Thanks given by:
Someone was wondering why I wasn't camping the other day.
Thanks given by:
I like teamkilling enemy campers.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 07:41PM)Lantry Wrote:
(20 Feb 11, 07:09PM)Josiah Wrote: Bad... It annoying when people camp on maps that are generally one sided(where one team always wins...) like on rifle@camper and Redvsblue

which is why you don't play those maps. Problem solved.

Those maps are fun, you have to admit :] Just not with campers present...

Played a fun round on redvsblue a few minutes ago.
Thanks given by:
[Image: tbagcamping.png]
* MykeGregory giggles a little inside.

Thanks given by:
wow, you are really getting mileage out of that pic.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the clarification MykeGregory, I could never tell who was who in your profile pic ;)
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 09:08PM)titiPT Wrote: I like teamkilling enemy campers.

Bad teamwork :(
Thanks given by:
I agree with OpenSource. It's fine when there are intelligent campers which changes their spots, but those who stay at the same place for a whole game (exspecially on TOSOK) are kinda annoying sometimes.
On the other hand they're well-suited to raise my ratio. So thanks for that. :)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/...CF8GNZ8%3D (http://acshots.tumblr.com/)
Thanks given by:
camping will never be bad, it worth his purpose, you wait for frags and probably you may success, and obviously is legit as any tactic used on this game.

the problem is that for many these people seems most likely to get that frags instead of input effort getting flags or worrying about teamwork, that's totally normal on pubs tho.

others know how to take some benefit of camping and be at the right moment having chances of be helpful at the same time they assist his teammates (eg: A teammate running with the flag through a hallway w/ his teammate waiting to snipe anyone which chases him).

it may have his pros and cons, so as anything in this game need to be offset with a smarter strategy.

this game is fast paced though doesn't mean you can't break the normal flow, is matter of the tools and how you display them on the field.

Thanks given by:
The real question is Camping with shotguns it's fagolicious right? ...
Thanks given by:
Not if the shotgun gets supernerfed in the next release <3

on topic though, when I get badly injured, I like to hide in a spot right over a med pick-up and sit there til i'm 100 again :D
Thanks given by:
Whats wrong with using a tactic that is common, and by far the best for shotgun when using it?
What is wrong with using a tool that works? Isn't it your fault if you get annoyed by the people using the effective methods of taking you down? Your just proving to me that you are not very supple (just had to use that term), pliable, flexible. You need to be able to change with the times. It is currently the time of the shotgun, so deal.

Condensed into one term: "STFU"
Thanks given by:
(21 Feb 11, 02:58AM)Elven Wrote: The real question is Camping with shotguns it's fagolicious right? ...

lrn2dance
Thanks given by:
I notice one big difference between AC (and other cube based games)

In AC, we all seem to run around like 'chickens with our head's cut off', this is not a bad thing though, so I can understand why somebody playing 'tactically' would annoy these many people 'running and gunning'.

That being said - I love to pitch a tent, light a fire and have a barbeque while 'shooting players in the back with a potato gun', though I also play 'normally' and rush the other team, engaging in 'head-to-head' battle. Though when rushing, it can get annoying running into somebody and you end up killing each other.

I believe camping is legitimate and people shouldn't get kicked for it. I always vote against a vote kick against one...
Thanks given by:
Lol. Grave diggin' is fun :D
Mhmm, fairy nuff.
Almost as bad as
Frogulis called a vote: kick player WHOEVER. Reason: camper.noob
Thanks given by:
I camp once in a while. But most of the time I simply stay at a spot for a minute, then move to another one, killing anything that I encounter along the way.
Thanks given by:
I still fail to see a reason to think camping is bad. It is a tactic like any other, and kicking people for that is just lame.
Thanks given by:
Andrez just summed it up all nicely and since the last 5 threads on this issue pretty much came to the same conclusion,.. Case closed.
Thanks given by: