CAMP (good or bad)
Camping is BAD in AC.
But why..?
The first time a CAMP they kick me XD
but i wonder , why put spots whare you can CAMP.
Sometimes I feel like I wana play so Tactic, BUT WRONG,
AC is a Multiplayer fast shooting.
But i wonder... can I win CAMPING.
For me CAMPING is DEFENSE.

God day to all the Players of AC.
|:7053:|
Thanks given by:
in my opinion camping is okay. it will only get you gibbed if you stay on the same spot for a too long time anyways...
Thanks given by:
I think people are generally opposed to camping because it's very frustrating to kill 3 guys in a head-to-head only to get shot in the back and killed by someone crouching in the corner with a potato gun. I think that camping is considered wrong because it is perceived as the player having poor skill and an inability to compete head-to-head (even if that isn't true).

My personal opinion is that it's a natural thing to do, and in many cases a perfectly valid and legitimate strategy. Yes, it can be infuriating but it serves a purpose, as you say, particularly for defense. No matter how fast paced a game is, there should be some consideration of tactics and strategy, rather than just to go about guns blazing.

As was mentioned by Robtics, there are only so many times a camper is going to take me out before I cotton on to his/her game and blow that mofo from here to next week.

I'd take camping over teamkilling any day.
Thanks given by:
not good, not bad.
just a tactic.

and i press F2 when the people try to kick campers,
who is good, kill them.
Thanks given by:
Im fine with campers they are easy to kill, getting pined in a corner and owning any one that trys kill you is not camping there is nothing you can do, and people get kick or even baned for camping. They have no sportsmanship if they rage kick.
So F*** camp kickers
Thanks given by:
camping is sweet :)
Thanks given by:
Camping is okay. However, hiding (e.g. in a well), especially in round-based games, is NOT!
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 11, 04:19PM)Robtics Wrote: in my opinion camping is okay. it will only get you gibbed if you stay on the same spot for a too long time anyways...

i agree with this.

people always say to me "stop camping" when i'm either defending the flag, or not camping at all.
i prefer dynamic camping, its where you keep one spot, kill a few people, then move onto another spot. Rinse. Frag. Teabag (optional). Repeat.

Thanks given by:
Amen Brother
Thanks given by:
If you can handle to sit still long enough to camp - then by all means do so. Personally, I don't know any good player that camps - it's just not possible to win like that since you don't move around and encounter enough people.

I like to move, and I love campers because I always know where to find a nest of [frags x players] when I need them.

On the other hand, camping really helps beginners because it allows them to focus on actually being able to shoot someone while they learn how people move.

I hate the people that spam complaints about camping far more than the campers.
Thanks given by:
This thread is really interesting because it's completely contrary to what I see in-game where campers get threatened, abused and kicked faster than a Jew in Nazi, Germany.

It's like an outpouring of empathy for campers the likes of which the world has never seen.

Darkbee is puzzled
Thanks given by:
«AssaultCube is a FREE multiplayer first-person shooter game,.......
Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun! »
Source

Look at the word FAST.

WTH is fast with camp?

Camping some 30 sec or so to kill a dude or two - great, camping 15 minutes in a CTF mode game is destroying the «fast, arcade gameplay».

IMO.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 11, 04:26PM)Darkbee Wrote: My personal opinion is that it's a natural thing to do, and in many cases a perfectly valid and legitimate strategy.

As was mentioned by Robtics, there are only so many times a camper is going to take me out before I cotton on to his/her game and blow that mofo from here to next week.

I'd take camping over teamkilling any day.

Thats basically all there is to say. I don't know why people give it such a bad rap. The only part that i don't like about camping is spawn camping, and i hate that, especially since if someone can get into your base in one piece, you are already losing. It just adds insult to injury.
Other than that, camping is fine. Just makes em easier to kill cause they don't dodge.

One thing i almost forgot: "hidden" spots and other things like that (especially in riflecamper, where it combines with spawncamping) are not cool either. if a camper kills me, i can look around and find where he is, unless he's in one of these dumb things.
(02 Feb 11, 09:03PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: «AssaultCube is a FREE multiplayer first-person shooter game,.......
Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun! »
Source

That is a general description of AC gameplay, not the definition of what all the games should be like.

IMO.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 11, 05:11PM)tempest Wrote: Camping is okay. However, hiding (e.g. in a well), especially in round-based games, is NOT!

I've only camped with the intention of getting kills (in TOSOK) for only 2 matches :P

Yeah, camping pickups is okay, but not in TOSOK.
(I think if you camp in TSURV, you're asking to get killed :P)
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 11, 09:50PM)Lantry Wrote: That is a general description of AC gameplay, not the definition of what all the games should be like.IMO.
Im not talking about all the games. Im talking about AC.
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 11, 08:44PM)Darkbee Wrote: This thread is really interesting because it's completely contrary to what I see in-game where campers get threatened, abused and kicked faster than a Jew in Nazi, Germany.

It's like an outpouring of empathy for campers the likes of which the world has never seen.

Many of the beginning players (that have such a problem with other beginners camping) don't have forum accounts here. I must admit that I can expect much more from most of you guys than the most of the public players.

True, it is frustrating to be caught off guard by someone that is camped, waiting for you. But that is why you keep your eye out EVERYWHERE - don't just run through a door. Shame on me for not catching them. Though, I must admit that I kill campers at a much higher rate than they kill me so I can't complain.

It's the pros that you must watch out for, and they don't sit still.
Thanks given by:
Its a noral real life strategy that some players of fps can't handle getting owned by. I 95% of the time don't camp on AC. low health/in enemy base are some times where I think I have to...
Thanks given by:
Depends on the situation. If it is round-based mode, and "X" number of players are left and each are camping (meaning the game will never finish) then the game needs at least a /shuffleteams or something to proceed.
In any other situation I'm fine with camping, but except in the extreme situations of ac_mines where 3 guys are at the top of the rock shooting at everything they see. Even though I find the mines situation irritating, I don't start kicking/banning them so I can have an easier time capturing the flags, I just try another way to get to the flag without them killing me.

Any other situation besides these are really fine by me. Of course, it is annoying when a guy above the ac_mines stairs with a shotgun is camping, but kicking them isn't the solution, going the other way and knifing them is ;)
Thanks given by:
There's a difference between camp and tactics.

Join a random pub if you want to see camping.
Watch ACWC demos of the Australian A team if you want to see tactics.

http://acwc.woop.us/2010/matches#m17

If you watch how Undead, Shorty, R4zor, Carnifex, and Ruthless play, you'll see the greatest team tactics (and also individual tactics) known to man. The Australia A vs Brazil A team in the semifinals proved to be very interesting because the AUSA team undoubtedly had the best tactics and teamworks the whole tournament, whereas the Brazil team practically dominated with high levels of skill (they went on to win).

Waiting for an enemy to come around an entrance or a corner isn't camping. I've watched players like Drakas, Davitomon, Shorty, Undead, and many others do it many times with pwntastic results. It's not camping. Camping is hardly effective.

I usually find it disgusting when a player dies and says something along the lines of 'camper'. So what? Does the kill not count because he was camping? If you had better tactics, you might not have charged through the entrance. And then there's the dispute on whether it was camping in the first place...

I do agree that camping can be disruptive to gameplay, especially in pubs. But what can we do? I don't think kicking someone out of a server can be justified because they were camping. I've been killed by campers many times in pubs too, but that's really my own problem. There's no need to try and solve it by kicking someone out. Just go around another path and get rid of the camper.

Then there are maps that have "sniper fortresses", or havens for campers. It's those maps where not being in the camping spot puts you in dramatically inferior position. Well...Why play on this map, if it's that big of a problem? Most mappers design their maps with some intention to prevent camping (except for those funky fun maps).

Anyway, that's my two cents. It's really not that big of a deal to me.
Thanks given by:
(03 Feb 11, 01:50PM)Syntax Wrote: There's a difference between camp and tactics...

...I don't think kicking someone out of a server can be justified because they were camping. I've been killed by campers many times in pubs too, but that's really my own problem. There's no need to try and solve it by kicking someone out. Just go around another path and get rid of the camper.

(03 Feb 11, 12:06AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Of course, it is annoying when a guy above the ac_mines stairs with a shotgun is camping, but kicking them isn't the solution, going the other way and knifing them is

Some people that camp right there on the stairs do it to remove one more obstacle before they storm that base. However, they don't seem to realize that by the time they make it all the way in there - the spawn count is over and they now have a mad player waiting for them.
Thanks given by:
camping rules when you're the one doing it
Thanks given by:
IMVVVHO, camping, especially when it's only briefly, is fine. Shotgun camping is annoying but technically alright. An entire team shotgun camping is just...... ...
(Yes, I did just use and ellipsis as an adjective)

-MC Froggyless
Thanks given by:
Camping is fine, and most players know where campers go and check. Today in TOSOK some BOPE clan guy tried kicking me for "base camping" because he popped into vision before I could get out the window in ac_desert. Long story short, I didn't get kicked, started a kick vote for him, he got kicked. Then he instantly jumped back in, got kicked a few times more and he kept getting back in...and yeah red team wins yay. xD Camping is fine, even if it is annoying ti get hit by one. Its your fault for not checking. And people need to calm down with the kicking campers thing also, Q_Q .
Thanks given by:
WTF? Why is this thread asking whether camping is okay?
We all ought to be putting on trial the question "Is it okay to kick/ban campers?"

Only noobs whine about campers, cuz of not knowing how to handle them.
Thanks given by:
^exactly <3
Thanks given by:
My opinion on this:

As soon as I see you camping I'll hunt you with my knife for the rest of the match, even if my ratio will drop below 0.1 after that ;D
Thanks given by:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with camping. It's a tactic just like any other.
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 04:00PM)Hellspell Wrote: There's absolutely nothing wrong with camping. It's a tactic just like any other.

Its true but best way to kill camper are nades.
Thanks given by:
A wise man once said:
Quote:You don't kick campers, you gib them!
Thanks given by:
(20 Feb 11, 06:03PM)V-Man Wrote: A wise man once said:
Quote:You don't kick campers, you gib them!

...and then teabag them.
Thanks given by: