server: maprot (fixed) and LAN/WAN-router-confusion
logging local AssaultCube server (version 1104, protocol 1132/104) now..
could not read config file 'config\maprot.cfg'
ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: maprot unavailable

When I edited my maprotation I followed everything and even tripled check too see if i did things correctly.
Thanks given by:
Well, it looks like you misplaced it. Make sure its in the right spot.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, it's in the config folder, it's default place. Unless I was supposed to move it? And thankyou for replying(:
Thanks given by:
Not quite sure how you would go about doing this, but check your extension to make sure it is ".cfg". Your text editor may of saved it like "maprot.cfg.txt" or something like that. Google how to turn on hidden extensions if you need to.
Thanks given by:
As i see it the problem is in your servercmdline.txt or maprot.cfg

You have added correct in servercmdline.txt?

// Map rotation
-rconfig/maprot.cfg

You do have read/write permission to config/maprot.cfg?
Thanks given by:
Oh, yes, that was my problem. It's all fixed now and the Masterserver registration succeeded...but now..how do i log into it? xD I'm sorry for the bother.
Thanks given by:
Windows?
Mac?
Linux?
Thanks given by:
Windows 7(:
Thanks given by:
Sorry, cant help you there.
You can have a look at GUIServer v1.1.0.4 or wait for someone with the know how for Windows.

AC Docs
Thanks given by:
Thankyou so much for the help you have given me(: I hope someone with windows knowledge can help now.
Thanks given by:
You can log into it the same way you log into any other server.
Thanks given by:
Just click on it? Because when I found my ip address. It was shown as ip# [waiting for response] format.

I clicked on it and it said could not connect. But, i could connect to other ones, the ones that were responsive that is.
Thanks given by:
Something's not making it through from the master server -- though if it were your firewall, I can't see how your server registers at all. Check it just in case, though: See if there's an exception both for ac_client.exe and ac_server.exe.
Thanks given by:
Most routers distributed by ISPs do not know how to handle this scenario.
Your local PC tries to contact your remote IP (WAN/iNet) and the router is supposed to DNAT it, but it's local, and yet remote .. the router is plain confused.
Simple fix: just add your LAN-IP of the box running the server and you'll see it show up in the serverbrowser :-)
You can also always simply do "/connect 192.168.123.123" (with correct LAN IP).
Thanks given by:
:/ What a troublesome oversight for those routers. I was thinking to suggest that, but it sounds so inane to have to do that...
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 11, 11:04AM)flowtron Wrote: ...You can also always simply do "/connect 192.168.123.123" (with correct LAN IP).
Or /lanconnect
Thanks given by: