Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
IMO You have to adjust, just like we snipers did.
Thanks given by:
25 Bullet clip, 7 or 8 shots to kill for the AR.

I think that's reasonable enough.
Thanks given by:
7 or 8 would weaken it too much, you have to think about the gun and how it's used, instead of just saying lower the damage.
Thanks given by:
Guys stop changing the AR things because you cannot kill an AR with your favourite weapon.
I'm playing with 3 weapons: SMG, AR, Sniper, with which one I can easily frag good AR, just aim :p

The AR is 5 and I hope will stay at 5.
There are only 3 weapons to change: Sniper, more damage or less damage? (see with pistol)
Pistol: more damage for a l33t game.
Shotgun: less power for a clean game.
Thanks given by:
I feel the pistol is fine it's a weapon that truly rewards aim, the AR isn't fine it's overpowered just a bit, we can always try and see how the change is a improvement or a disadvantage, 6 or 7 shots it's not that much if as you say "you aim right".

Thanks given by:
6/7 shots would be kind of ugly for an "assault" rifle. :p
15 round mag is for proz <3
Thanks given by:
HerpDerp, AR should still be 5HK but it should have a 15/18 magazine size and instead for every 25 armor, it should take 1 bullet more, so if your stacked with armor, the AR would be really effected by it, just like the SMG is.
Thanks given by:
please stop, we want to have a serious discussion

Thanks given by:
Ok but we are talking about balance of weapons? What else is their to talk about Luc@s D:
Thanks given by:
sorry i was answering to this :
"Bukz plays competitively?

Luc@s has been an AR hater from day 1, have your own opinion about the weapons, it's not hard "

forgot to quote
Thanks given by:
^btw by 'play competitively' I just meant inters/cm's. Where you can truly see the AR's reign of terror.

Thanks given by:
pfffft. I prefer SMG with any server less then 300 ping. But anything over that I will AR.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 06:05PM)Xenon Wrote: pfffft. I prefer SMG with any server less then 300 ping. But anything over that I will AR.
Don't you prefer wallhack too?
Thanks given by:
Um, and how is what weapons you use relevant to this topic Xenon? Nightmare wasn't directing his post at you.

Anyhow, regarding the weapon balance I agree with pretty much everything that has been said. If the devs do decide to lower the bullet amount of the AR I wouldn't mind so much, just as long as it's somewhere between 15-20. I do agree that AR is overpowered, but I think that the SMG should also be tuned up just a bit regarding range.

There are some times where you are shooting to a far location (for example, in the middle of desert3 from one side to the other) and you can't hit much. I know this is the "nature of the gun", Sub-machine guns aren't supposed to be for long shots, but I don't think anyone would argue to raise the range a little.

It basically goes for 3 guns vs 2 guns. The 3 long ranged and the 2 short ranged, so in my opinion the SMG should have some chance against such deathly long range weapons like the AR and Sniper. All the long ranged guns work perfectly in close range, so I would assume that making the SMG a little in the middle between short and long range would be alright?
Thanks given by:
lol Z
Thanks given by:
Well, I do feel that 5 is fine for the AR, but if it DOES get it's ammo count lowered, I'd say increase damage or lower spread/recoil.

I'd prefer more bullets and high spread/recoil or lower damage myself.

I think Sniper should go somewhere between what it is now and 1.0.0.4, and beef up le pistol.

Personally, I also think the Akimbo should kill in less time.

I'd also like to see nade radius increase just a tad, maybe a cube or two.

Shotty is clearly over powered.

I think SMG is fine, except for spread.

Carbine needs to have something done so it'll be more appealing, I'd like to see it do 70 damage and slower shooting speed
Thanks given by:
Cheaters, cheaters everywhere.

Most of players around here aren't snipers (real snipers) so I guess it's normal not to see people defending the best weapon ingame.

I don't know what's the problem to take the weapon back as 1.0.4, too many cry babies in AC?

The AR is overpowered and we all know it already.. but I don't see too much diference if you know how to handle the smg, what I mean with this? You can beat AR's with smg just depending on your gameplay (if you're a noob you won't for sure) so just take the Sniper back (since there are mini-armours on each base I think there won't be too much diference or "advantage") reduce the power of AR's shots and I agree to increase the large shot range of the SMG.

;D
Thanks given by:
Sacerockin' I still be a sniper /:D
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 11, 05:29AM)Sacerockin Wrote: Cheaters, cheaters everywhere.

Most of players around here aren't snipers (real snipers) so I guess it's normal not to see people defending the best weapon ingame.

I don't know what's the problem to take the weapon back as 1.0.4, too many cry babies in AC?

The AR is overpowered and we all know it already.. but I don't see too much diference if you know how to handle the smg, what I mean with this? You can beat AR's with smg just depending on your gameplay (if you're a noob you won't for sure) so just take the Sniper back (since there are mini-armours on each base I think there won't be too much diference or "advantage") reduce the power of AR's shots and I agree to increase the large shot range of the SMG.

;D

i will defeat you with smg vs any gun you want on desert dm or surv, smg is superior in the current version at close range
Thanks given by:
Huh? who said it isn't? I use smg too and I agree smg is okay at closed ranges.

PD: You can't beat me. Edit: You can't even touch me.
Thanks given by:
the 1.0.4 smg would be fine compared to the 1.1.0.4 weapon states, the problem are the helmets and kevlar which destroy the power of smg. The AR is quite easy to handle on all ranges and destroy kevlar.

More damage for smg for sure, and decrease a bit the damage of AR to 22 or 20.
Thanks given by:
Helmets affect more than just the SMG. kthxbai
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 11, 08:54AM)Bukz Wrote: Helmets affect more than just the SMG. kthxbai

from memory, being 100 and 25 still takes 5 shots of the AR to die
Thanks given by:
It also forces other weapons to take more shots to kill.
Thanks given by:
yeah, but compared to other weapons it gives the smg a disadvantage especially for 100/100
Thanks given by:
why are we the ones pointing this out?
Thanks given by:
'Cause devs are broski
Thanks given by:
flowtron should reply to everyone's rage/ideas :D
Thanks given by:
The SMG should take more shots to kill, especially with armor because... it's an SMG.
Thanks given by:
are you a bit stupid, have you ever played AC ?

(Maybe) you have noticed that the smg is worse and the AR is overpowered.
Thanks given by: