Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
Sorry, epic fail. I was always talking about recoil :(

The weapon "jumps" now after some bullets. Replace it with the recoil of 1.0.4. or let it like in 1.1.0.4.
Thanks given by:
All it needs from the current release is some more spread to get rid of the 70+ damage mid range stuff. Getting splattered from across a room isn't cool...

Rocket Science. <3

Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 11, 01:27PM)Nightmare Wrote: All it needs from the current release is some more spread to get rid of the 70+ damage mid range stuff. Getting splattered from across a room isn't cool...

I think it needs less spread and less damage actually. It's too weak in clan matches because people engage at longer ranges, but in pubs close range engagement is more common so a lower damage would weaken it.

The shotgun is very hit or miss right now. Clan matches require consistency; with the shotgun that comes from the ability to get moderate (50-60) damage even at long range. This needs to be offset with less short range.

These are very tight bounds for balancing pubs and competitive play.
Thanks given by:
(22 Oct 11, 03:10PM)Roflcopter Wrote: ...Clan matches require consistency; with the shotgun that comes from the ability to get moderate (50-60) damage even at long range. This needs to be offset with less short range...
Are you saying the shotgun needs a longer range?
or am i reading this wrong.
Thanks given by:
All depends what kind of ammunitions are used, with a shotgun you have a choice between heavy duty bullets that can stop a charging buffalo on the spot even at quite long range.
Then you have pellets cartridges used for smaller preys like birds, these ones still have a decent range but due to the spread and size of the pellets damages are reduced (enough to kill a bird) although at very close range it can send you fly a few yards back with serious wounds (even chop your head off).

I was thinking of put this in the idea thread... no more weapons but maybe a few different kind of ammos but I gave the idea since it's already a mess just about the shooty.
Thanks given by:
(23 Oct 11, 07:30AM)MykeGregory Wrote: Are you saying the shotgun needs a longer range?
or am i reading this wrong.

Sorry I was unclear.

I'm proposing the shotgun is made stronger at long range, and weaker at short range. The 1110 shotgun can't just be a worse 1104 shotgun if it is to be used in clan matches. The extra range is needed in clan matches to compete with other weapons.
Thanks given by:
I can splat at 15 cubes. (15 cubes, it's a lot cause all official maps are close (instead of power))
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 11, 04:07PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I can splat at 15 cubes. (15 cubes, it's a lot cause all official maps are close (instead of power))

There's a lot of luck with spread too. Shotgun needs consistent damage and the ability to compete somewhat even at range.
Thanks given by:
Maybe people should stop complaining about 1.1.0.4 balance.
Move onto SVN.
Thanks given by:
Assault Rifle kills on 1.1.0.4, and destroys on SVN. ;)
All the svn weapons may get changed anyways? once the shotgun gets done? ;o
Thanks given by:
Never enough, i want a nuclear bomb to return the flag please.

Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 09:34PM).ExodusS* Wrote: If you all think that everyone can own public games with the easy sniper, do this and post the screenshot.

[Image: 20111015.jpg]

I think i'll get a few screens...

Yes with sniper you can own in public

[Image: 20111021.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good job! :p

Btw: I tested the shotgun on the SVN and i think he's not enough powered (yes i'm ExodusS and i think the shotgun need more power on the svn :D).
Thanks given by:
ExodusS, yer :>
The shotty you were testing is not anywhere close, and that is getting worked on (I submitted some values to try out).
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Ronald_Reagan you did .. but somehow that short burst of activity has already slowed down again (not you, "others") .. trying to finalize this; once done we can release, all other half-done stuff will just have to wait for the next release .. which will then probably be a lot sooner than we've taken this time! :-/
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 11, 03:16PM)DarKnoT Wrote:
(19 Oct 11, 09:34PM).ExodusS* Wrote: If you all think that everyone can own public games with the easy sniper, do this and post the screenshot.

[Image: 20111015.jpg]

I think i'll get a few screens...

Yes with sniper you can own in public

[Image: 20111021.jpg]

[Image: vn06x4.jpg]

Sorry just had to post that xD, (yes Des2, not just easy hs on douze xD)

Back on topic, i must say i have got the SVN and i tried it, i do have to agree with Elite a bit, I do find it a little harder to kill with the smg due to the extra spread but that can be adapted to (would be nice to have it reduced or whatever xD) and i love the sniper + 1 pistol combo to a non-armoured player xD, its much better, makes those helmets much more valuable
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 11, 12:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: Assault Rifle kills on 1.1.0.4, and destroys on SVN. ;)
This true? :(
Thanks given by:
(03 Nov 11, 12:55PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote:
(25 Oct 11, 12:44PM)Nightmare Wrote: Assault Rifle kills on 1.1.0.4, and destroys on SVN. ;)
This true? :(

Yes <3
AR feels smoother/or easier to control now, and two less damage(no difference <3).
the other 4 guns all get hit by something, or stay the same.

Thanks given by:
(19 Oct 11, 09:34PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Yes with sniper you can own in public

[Image: ctf14719cut.jpg]

I can assure you the enemy team were some of AC's finest players.

Thanks given by:
sniper in a 2v2. they stopped spawning for the last 45 seconds so i couldnt reach 100

[Image: J9Q8ol.jpg]

u mirin
Thanks given by:
Carbine as well sirs and mams :)
[Image: 2ijsv40.jpg]
Hah i think someone was impersonating me as well
Thanks given by:
I agree, the shotgun needs more power!

AR & SMG users have "jet-packs" in reverse every time they fire.
They fly backwards unloading away,
While you try to place that 1 perfect shot and wait forever to reload.

Shotgun, pistol, knife, carbine and sniper users don't get to fly through the air.

Yet, AR & SMG users still complain about the shotgun that has now
been tamed since 1.0 - and they are the ones who get to fly all around in
the air with tons of ammo and multiple spray.. : )
Shotgun now needs to be very accurate.

Not just spray bullets through walls and around corners like ar and smg seem to do. Unless I'm picking up the wrong ammo??? lol...

Still my favorite game!
Thanks for all your efforts!

GS

(26 Oct 11, 01:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Good job! :p

Btw: I tested the shotgun on the SVN and i think he's not enough powered (yes i'm ExodusS and i think the shotgun need more power on the svn :D).

Thanks given by:
ATM the shotgun on SVN (and the whole weapon balance actually /imo/) is a work-in-progress.
If you want to help us to find better values, especially for the shotgun, check this :
http://pastebin.com/M9Vq1APd
Thanks given by:
(26 Oct 11, 01:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote: (yes i'm ExodusS and i think the shotgun need more power on the svn :D).

k just making sure
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 11, 08:55AM)GingerSnaps Wrote: carbine and sniper users don't get to fly through the air.
Still my favorite game!
GS

Wrong, there are some spots that the carbine can get to and you can sprint with it , although it is not as effective as the AR or SMG. I think the carbine need 15 rounds B4 REFILL, REFILL, REFIULL, REFUEL :) sorry bout the caps :p
Thanks given by:
(09 Nov 11, 05:36AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote:
(08 Nov 11, 08:55AM)GingerSnaps Wrote: carbine and sniper users don't get to fly through the air.
Still my favorite game!
GS

Wrong, there are some spots that the carbine can get to and you can sprint with it , although it is not as effective as the AR or SMG. I think the carbine need 15 rounds B4 REFILL, REFILL, REFIULL, REFUEL :) sorry bout the caps :p
xD 100 round drum magazine. Sounds legit. ;)
Thanks given by:
Puh.
You might be CharlyMurphy if you use your carbine to rifle sprint.
Thanks given by:
(10 Nov 11, 06:24AM)V-Man Wrote: Puh.
You might be CharlyMurphy if you use your carbine to rifle sprint.

:P <3 v63
Thanks given by:
sniper,assault rifle and shotgun seems little more powerful. the other two are very weak as compared , thats what i feel..

than shotgun is very ridiculous... fun if all use it.. but must be banned about using otherwise..
Thanks given by:
The sniper rifle can get you a little bit of extra speed/distance/air also. But I agree, the rifle sprinting is overpowered on the assault rifle. My proposed solution to balancing the AR is to take the magazine size back down to 15 (like it was in 1.0.4), this will make AR users have to reload more often = less sprint/bullet spam. The SMG is fine (other than the dynamic damage being a weird feature).
Thanks given by: