Server Problem?? 0-o
When I go on ac go to multiplayer join a server all that shows up is the servers I made but I can connect to other servers if I have them binded in my autoexec folder can anyone help me?
Thanks given by:
Press F5 at the server list a few times. You can even curse at the computer.
Thanks given by:
Nothing and I'm getting mad this is crap
Thanks given by:
Were you able to view public servers in the Server Browser at some time in the past? Or have you never been able to?
Thanks given by:
I had this same problem earlier today but it stopped and now it's starting again (yes I have been able to view them in the past)
Thanks given by:
I think it is a game glitch because I had a very similar problem one time where I only saw like 20 servers and refreshing had no effect. Given time It fixed itself for me so maybe just take a break from AC and It should self fix later, at least that is what I did.
Thanks given by:
Maybe it's because of your router firewall. Be sure your router firewall is disabled. This is mine:

[Image: thompson.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 11, 08:51AM)VallDiGna Wrote: Maybe it's because of your router firewall. Be sure your router firewall is disabled. This is mine:

[Image: thompson.jpg]

Why would you disable your router firewall? That's extreme and dangerous... Considering it worked just fine, I'm having serious doubts that his router is causing any interference but then again I could be wrong. Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
If your firewall never was a problem, it certainly shouldn't be now.
If others have been noticing the issue, I'd say it's your ISP -- or even the Master Server, if the devs can confirm any similar effects on their end.
Thanks given by:
As Elven, my problem was discontinous (sometimes just happen) and i solved it with it. But now i have enabled it and is still working good xD, so i dunno. I think you should just try it... it's free! If it doesn't work... enable it again.
Thanks given by:
You're running a home server, yes? Do you find that the server list works if you turn off the AC server, and doesn't work when the AC server is running?
Thanks given by:
I tried that but sometimes I see all the servers (mostly I don't)
Thanks given by:
When you can't see the servers, check servers.cfg in your config folder (if you have one, it will be in your home dir/config).
You could also fool around with /maxservpings
/maxservpings 10
/maxservpings 1
/maxservpings 0
see if any of those work better.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 11, 08:56AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
(14 Jan 11, 08:51AM)VallDiGna Wrote: Maybe it's because of your router firewall. Be sure your router firewall is disabled. This is mine:

Why would you disable your router firewall? That's extreme and dangerous... Considering it worked just fine, I'm having serious doubts that his router is causing any interference but then again I could be wrong. Just a thought.

Yes, that is very dangerous, especially if you're using an unsafe operating system like Microsoft Windows. It's best to disable the firewall only temporarily, to find out whether it is the cause of the problem; and of course, then, enable the correct ports if it's indeed the router that is stopping you.
Thanks given by:
Yeah... as V-Man said, if your firewall hasn't been a problem before it's probably not the issue now. Especially for a client side application.
Thanks given by: