Helping with a special effect
[Image: 20110104190504accastlet.jpg]i was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on how to make my stargate a walk through without having it go all the way to the cielling. here is a screen shot of the stargate so far, as soon as I finish reading all the documents and learn how to post the map I will have you guys look at it and give me feed back, please remember this is my first map.

Thanks given by:
What's the problem with it? What don't you want to go to the ceiling?
Thanks given by:
For reference Melle Mel
[Image: Miniature+gaming+Stargate+papercraft.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I see. Actually that's not possible with the Cube engine. Sorry :/
Thanks given by:
Make your model unclipped (don't know how, but it is done with stair and tower mapmodels), and then clip it in the Cube Engine?
Thanks given by:
Oh. I thought you were trying to do that with geometry. Ignore my above post.
Thanks given by:
actually it is with geometry, thats not a model. I did it using manipulated height fields, and colored lighting. I am sill trying to teach myself how to use blender, and have not attempted to make some have hazard modal that would just look foolish. Guess i'm too much of a perfectionist to try (or just to embarassed). I thank you for taking the time to give me feed back though.
Thanks given by:
It won't work with geometry the way you want it. You'll need to make a gate-model for this purpose, of find someone making you one. ;)

By the way and because Gibstick confused this a little here:

A mapmodel is always unclipped by default, it has no collision-data at all. The collision is added via the config file or via adding clips in-game.

You can adjust the clipping for any model at the config file, which works like that:
mapmodel a b c d "name"

//a = x/z dimension of clip
//b = y dimension of clip
//c = model elevation above ground
//d = not used
Thanks given by:
If d is not used, is it always set to 0?
Thanks given by:
Well, I guess you can set it to whatever you like, but on the default-map-settings it's set to 0, right.
Thanks given by: