Destruction League's opening
How would you make sure no one uses the Mumble Overlay feature?
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 02:27AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: How would you make sure no one uses the Mumble Overlay feature?
Finally an interesting question! I would discuss it with the League Staff, but from my experience it can be done by implementing a little rule we used on Ghost Recon time ago. Mainly, each team can call a screenshot run one time per map, and that screenshot must be provided after the match by all playing players. On GR it was used mostly to catch Full Night Vision cheat/mod, and I think it can do the job with this too.

However, this issue should be solved with Mumble 1.2.3 which already has Release Candidate, so we may have this problem solved even before starting the league.

GGz!
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 11, 05:14PM)Dade Wrote: As for the 'why', from my side I can say two main reasons:
- 100% void any kind of discussion related with demo reviews about if certain switches are scripted or not
- Snipers are intended for support, not for rush :)

Neither one of those is a reason because neither one is true. That rule alone is compelling reason not to participate.
Thanks given by:
no sniper and pistol combo... don't expect to see me playing ;[
Thanks given by:
omg so how u can use sniper? If i use snipe hit enemy and my mate finish enemy with SMG... if someone will use only snipe in this league he will be always last in his team :/
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 03:49AM)XFA Wrote: no sniper and pistol combo... don't expect to see me playing ;[

if I play rarely or never wear the tag from the new version I do not see any members of your clan which you play, I guess only in version 1.0 xD, I already deleted long ago!

Dade count me in! see you in the league
Thanks given by:
MyS will partecipate when u will allow 3v3/2v2 matches.
Thanks given by:
Wait, so no sniper+pistol combo? What else?
Thanks given by:
Now , combo snipe + pistol is penalized...

I don't see any reason to play in this league anymore...

Sniper are weaker since 1.1 and now you ban combo pistol.

Sniper are allowed to scope?
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 11, 03:34AM)Mael Wrote: Neither one of those is a reason because neither one is true. That rule alone is compelling reason not to participate.

Why is not true?

(07 Jan 11, 09:20AM)Sp33dy* Wrote: if someone will use only snipe in this league he will be always last in his team :/

Where's the problem? That's why is Team competition not Single :) To counter your idea, I played some games with sniper (although I am not a sniper at all) and I got very decent results (headshots rulez).

(07 Jan 11, 09:52AM)PERROS Wrote:
(07 Jan 11, 03:49AM)XFA Wrote: no sniper and pistol combo... don't expect to see me playing ;[

if I play rarely or never wear the tag from the new version I do not see any members of your clan which you play, I guess only in version 1.0 xD, I already deleted long ago!

Dade count me in! see you in the league

Thanks for support Perros! Now that's fun, complaining about something where is not going to participate? Brilliant! :)

(07 Jan 11, 11:36AM)YourSister Wrote: MyS will partecipate when u will allow 3v3/2v2 matches.

I hope MyS will reconsider it and enjoy the fun of the competition. Give it a try, I guess it worth the risk :).

(07 Jan 11, 02:51PM)Ghost Wrote: Wait, so no sniper+pistol combo? What else?

I don't know what you mean Ghost, you should read rules (they are public and readable by anyone) and probably your questions would be solved :)

(07 Jan 11, 11:16PM)AtoMikK Wrote: Now , combo snipe + pistol is penalized...

I don't see any reason to play in this league anymore...

Sniper are weaker since 1.1 and now you ban combo pistol.

Sniper are allowed to scope?

Now? Not now, the rule was in since the very start of the rules proposals (also been published and readable by all)... I don't see why complaining now and not when there was just a proposal...

Anyway, hope for an educate and polite answer, what is so 'exciting' on playing again the same match format, with the same 'rules' than in ordinary clan wars? Really, the idea of playing a long period competition the same way we can play a clan war isn't boring? I think ED is trying to give a new fresh point of view onto an OpenSource game, expecting a more friendly position about innovations due to the nature of the community itself.

On Ghost Recon, I had to play many different competitions, with completely different rulesets and that's why I improved as player, of course not obfuscating my mind on just 'one way to play the game'.

I know it's hard to 'innovate', and I understand that much oldies can be 'scared' (not trying to offend anyone, I hope the word is understood as in the concept of the phrase itself) of changes, but to the point of not even giving it a try?

GGz!
Thanks given by:
I don't think I will compete because 4v4 is WAY to hectic and no sniper + pistol. Sorry {ED} but if you change it I will play!!!
Thanks given by:
So you played some pubs and killed some people with the sniper. Kudos.
What does that have to do with anything else?
Thanks given by:
Please delete the team Gr!ZZly from this tournament thanks.
Thanks given by:
Why so many Assaultcube leagues or tournaments? makes the real ones less prestigous IMO. Plus, however I do admire your advanced description and thoughts into the rules but some are just silly.
Thanks given by:
well, when i heard about this league i was rather exited, so quickly found this thread to find out more, how ever purely from reading your replies to (most) peoples Constructive criticism I have been rather put off, and i honestly don't think i was to play in the league because of your inflexibility.

i also agree with undead, it does seem rather troll-esc.

also, if you reply to this with one of your "witty" sarcastic comments, you will just be proving that you are a troll.

Thanks! And Good luck getting teams!
Thanks given by:
Good news for the snipers! (maybe not only)

I had a long talk with VallDiGna and got better documentation about some game aspects. This said, we decided to remove all restrictions proposed on rules under the section 2.4.

As said, one of our main concern with the remaining restrictions were to void any possible discussion related with demo reviews for auto-switch scripts. However, apparently this kind of scripts are not possible on 1.1 (well done devs!) hence we don't see any reason to keep both auto-switch and Sniper-Pistol Combo on the current ruleset.

On the same line, hitbox frames also seems to have no chances on 1.1 (again, well done devs!) and that's why the prohibition is removed.

From my personal side of the administration, please accept my apologies for all this misunderstand, but understand I just received today this info.

GGz!

PS: Is fun to read words like 'inflexibility' in a post exposing something like 'I'm not gonna play! No chances!' :) That's a real example of flexibility IMO :) Apart, we already modified proposed rules one time so I guess some people is not well documented (as me) or just lying (trolling/flaming) before writing on this thread.
Thanks given by:
Good job Dade! That was one of the main things driving the community away.
A few more refinements on your rules could be made.

Rules Wrote:It is strictly forbidden to use any kind of bug or glitch that provides advantage, however slight, during the game.
I think bugs should be allowed, also, how are you going to define bugs?

Rules Wrote:3.1.1. Nicknames and URL Aliases

-refer to a famous personality
I take offense to that.

more rulez Wrote:The names of real people can not be used as a nickname to be used unless the user with that name and has been demonstrated.
Review your english esp with the last word. Doesn't make sense. But are you trying to say I cannot use my real name? Or something like Markus_ Bekel?

Rules! Wrote:Each player can only play on a computer.
'Nother translation error I think, but are you saying I cannot play on my TI-81?

... Wrote:3.2.3. Changing computer name
Translation should be fixed, are you saying I cannot change my user account name?

cont. Wrote:4. La Liga
Translate please :D

Mostly it was the sniper rule that needed to be fixed!
Another question: Can we use IRC during the match?
Thanks given by:
Please don't cry inflexibility when you're moving us from a democracy to a dictatorship (not literally - just comparing the huge amount of change). I'm happy now. :D
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 11, 10:06PM)Morsey! Wrote: Why so many Assaultcube leagues or tournaments? makes the real ones less prestigous IMO.

Sorry, which AC league has ever been or will be prestigious?

Thanks given by:
wait a minute o.O ………………………

I just got back to the forum and read this and recapping and as I understand:

“Rifle Sprint is now Allowed” o.O

“Sniper-Pistol combo or Script is now Allowed too” o.O

And same for other things.......

Isn’t that what I asked and say from the beginning? lol U_U

huashuashuas you are such a Drama Queen Dade, I get angry with you for almost a week even I don't wanna talking you but I think I love you now again lol o.o anyway..... ¡don't do that again ever! or I will kick your ass so hard copy?

maybe I will return to help after all (you have to beg me now Dade) jajajajaj

I talk you later lol

¡VIVA LA DEMOCRACIA! ^_^

PD: Although all this discussion gave a wrong impression and a waste of time for almost everybody lols o.o and made that many will not take part in this U_U

cya in the game
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 11, 11:29PM)BrEaK Wrote: i honestly don't think i want to play in the league because of your inflexibility.

(10 Jan 11, 03:56AM)Dade Wrote: PS: Is fun to read words like 'inflexibility' in a post exposing something like 'I'm not gonna play! No chances!' :) That's a real example of flexibility IMO :) Apart, we already modified proposed rules one time so I guess some people is not well documented (as me) or just lying (trolling/flaming) before writing on this thread.

key word: think represents an uncertainty, therefore not an inflexibility, sooo, go think ;)

Also i was aware of the fact that you changed the rules once before, however pretty much the entire 1st page is of people saying, zomg sinp/pist combo is banned :O and you were still saying that you were going to keep it no matter what even just prior to my original post thats a reasonable enough margin for me to call you inflexible.

And now for something completely different:

Well done! ;)
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 11, 09:26PM)AtoMikK Wrote: Please delete the team Gr!ZZly from this tournament thanks.

Dade thanks to forget this sentence , now that combo snipe + pistol is allowed.
Thanks given by:
MyS will partecipate when u will allow 3v3/2v2 matches.

Same for O3

Thanks given by:
Dade,

Please bear with my questions. None of them is an attack on you or the league. I just want to understand some of your thoughts. :)

(05 Jan 11, 03:26PM)Drakas Wrote: Thank you very much for your invitation.

It would be nice if you made your website (and its contents) available to view without registration, and also in the more common language, English since most of can't comprehend Spanish.
Drakas
Any chance of making the content public (no registration)? Even if it's written in Spanish?

(06 Jan 11, 05:14PM)Dade Wrote: - Snipers are intended for support, not for rush :)
Just for my personal records can you explain me this more in deep. It would be great to have your point of view about how AC should be played. I exhort you to write something about this. BTW check Gibstick guide if you haven't, it's worth to read it. Since when do you play AC?

(06 Jan 11, 10:10PM)Dade Wrote:
(06 Jan 11, 09:58PM)Ghost Wrote: Like I said, none of Operation: Onslaught is going to be participating with this pesky Assault Rifle rule or did you guys remove it?

Have got removed due to 4v4 format ;)
Can you explain me what was the format before and why this had an impact on the Rifle-Sprint rule modification?

Dade Wrote:Rules are public and easy to access, and I don't see why teams and their members should not have read them.

GGz!
The document is far too verbose to be read by everyone, have you considered a version with only the key points?

(07 Jan 11, 02:56AM)Dade Wrote:
(07 Jan 11, 02:27AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: How would you make sure no one uses the Mumble Overlay feature?
Finally an interesting question! (...)
The other questions were just crap?

(09 Jan 11, 11:29PM)BrEaK Wrote: well, when i heard about this league i was rather exited, so quickly found this thread to find out more, how ever purely from reading your replies to (most) peoples Constructive criticism I have been rather put off, and i honestly don't think i was to play in the league because of your inflexibility.

i also agree with undead, it does seem rather troll-esc.

also, if you reply to this with one of your "witty" sarcastic comments, you will just be proving that you are a troll.
BrEaK is totally right. Probably you misunderstood the tone of many posters. I checked again the whole thread and at the beginning people was posting with courtesy but somehow some of your answers had an inadequate tone. I think you told us you have a large team in your clan, maybe someone of your friends can do the public relations work for you. Arrogance plays against you, special if you don't master the game.

(10 Jan 11, 03:56AM)Dade Wrote: I had a long talk with VallDiGna and got better documentation about some game aspects. This said, we decided to remove all restrictions proposed on rules under the section 2.4.

As said, one of our main concern with the remaining restrictions were to void any possible discussion related with demo reviews for auto-switch scripts. However, apparently this kind of scripts are not possible on 1.1 (well done devs!) hence we don't see any reason to keep both auto-switch and Sniper-Pistol Combo on the current ruleset.
(...)

PS: Is fun to read words like 'inflexibility' in a post exposing something like 'I'm not gonna play! No chances!' :) That's a real example of flexibility IMO :) Apart, we already modified proposed rules one time so I guess some people is not well documented (as me) or just lying (trolling/flaming) before writing on this thread.
IMHO your post was almost good... until I read the PS part.

Good luck again, and please don't take my comments as an offense. I truthfully wish the best for you and the league.

Es de sabios, cambiar de opinion.
Thanks given by:
Well, FINALLY.

iOD will do the same as both MyS and OnLy3
Thanks given by:
Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your invitation, and we hope you'll be able to create a new AC League, and I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

Thanks for all Alex007, and I hope we'll se you soon !

Bye,

\WuT/Killight.
Thanks given by:
set it as a 3vs3 league and oNe will also participate.
Thanks given by:
Could someone clarify what the format for these matches please, ie will they be 4v4 & 5v5 matches and also, can skype or similar be used during a match?
Thanks given by:
dVotion would like to enter this league. Only problem is, i do not understand anything of this spanish things on the site.
Thanks given by:
First of all, sorry if I didn't quote all the people but I don't want to make a huge post. Anyway I hope to give general answers to some questions (hope to fill them all).

As for the rules texts, I think there is a lot of doubts due to the 'great' job done by Google Translator, hoping to improve them soon (|eR| Jason, should be working on that, not 100% sure anyway).

About FunkyHamster questions, please forgive me if I don't answer you all but if I do we move far and far away from thread (but expect a PM ;)). Regarding our site content, as far I know almost all content is public. If not, most probably there is a mistake on permissions, so can you specify what you are exactly referring to? And referring to a shorter version of the rules, yes, I am already working on that and probably will be posted on latest sign-ups week.

(10 Jan 11, 04:09AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Another question: Can we use IRC during the match?
I don't see why they should, but why not? :)

(10 Jan 11, 04:39AM)Jason Wrote: Sorry, which AC league has ever been or will be prestigious?
This will be :P (at least trying to)

(10 Jan 11, 01:02PM)AtoMikK Wrote:
(09 Jan 11, 09:26PM)AtoMikK Wrote: Please delete the team Gr!ZZly from this tournament thanks.
Dade thanks to forget this sentence , now that combo snipe + pistol is allowed.
Welcome back Grizzlies, please make me know where exactly your clan wish to participate (in which division).

(11 Jan 11, 05:47PM)Undead Wrote: set it as a 3vs3 league and oNe will also participate.
As for other clans with the same request, hope you guys reconsider and enjoy the league. I think it's worth the risk to give a try to the league and see how is it ;)

(11 Jan 11, 07:43PM)Billybob Wrote: Could someone clarify what the format for these matches please, ie will they be 4v4 & 5v5 matches and also, can skype or similar be used during a match?
Standard match format is set to 4v4. However, clans can agreed on playing a 5v5 matches if they both wants to. If a match is agreed, and the match day one of the clans is missing one player, they are forced to play 3v4 (with a margin of 20-30 minutes since the established match hour), letting of course joining the 4th player whenever they have him.

Regarding Skype, of course is allowed, same as other VoIP programs ;)

(11 Jan 11, 07:52PM)Infinite Wrote: dVotion would like to enter this league. Only problem is, i do not understand anything of this spanish things on the site.
Expect a PM soon explaining all the steps ;)

GGz!
Thanks given by: