New CTF Game Mode Ideas
I have no idea of the history of game mode suggestions so sorry if these have been suggested before. Just tossing some ideas out there like a used nade.

I've seen one or two threads recently for new game mode ideas so I thought I'd pitch in a couple. Don't know how practical they'd be or even if they're possible but anyway...

CTF Multi-Mayhem:
Basically the same as CTF except that multiple flags are spawned (effectively the flags are spawned at the same location so the flag never appears "taken"), so that any team member can pick up an instance of the flag at any time, and score at any time.

CTF Flag-Run:
Each team member starts off with a flag and has to carry it to the opposing team's base (or spawn around the opposing team's flag and have to carry it to their own). Naturally, you have to try to stop your enemies from doing the same. I suppose this could either be a TOSOK or TDM type game, either would work, although probably more effective as a survivor/OSOK type game.

I haven't thought about the practicality of these ideas extensively so feel free to shoot them down.
Thanks given by:
***bang***bang***

Nah. Those are good ideas in my book. I'd never shoot 'em down.
Thanks given by:
What about something like efficiency CTF in Sauer? Each player starts with random primary weapon set to them until round ends. No pickups, full ammo, 50 armor. Player must think twice before shooting or he will waste a valuable bullet/shell.
Thanks given by:
if i had the technical know how i would definintly go Mark Zuckerberg on your CTF Flag-Run idea, that sounds like great fun, like headhunter in halo reach if someone dies you can collect their flag/s

Great ideas
Thanks given by:
removed
we need smarter people coding smarter bots -- Brahma
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 02:55AM)hedi01 Wrote: removed

I told you, Kirin's/Otto's/Stranz's work wasn't brilliant enough not to be observed by stef.
Thanks given by:
CTF-Flag Run does sound fun, good idea. What about a demolition/bomb squad type game mode? I always thought those were fun
Thanks given by:
what about champion mode the game picks 2 people to be a champion both champions have 4x shields and good weapons for start and hard to kill and teams[/size]
Thanks given by:
i would say

TOSOK CTF - although dousnt this exist deep in the realms of AC mods?
erm...
vehicle capture the flag - like on Unreal tournament 3. although we cant do that yet. We dont have lawnmowers ...YET!

* MykeGregory batters his eyelids at A_Slow_Old_Man...
Thanks given by:
TOSOK CTF is better known as insta-CTF, and you can play iCTF on a few mod servers right now!!
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 11, 11:17AM)V-Man Wrote: TOSOK CTF is better known as insta-CTF, and you can play iCTF on a few mod servers right now!!

ahh i see.
shame there is no Vehicle CTF. lol.

still waiting on the lawnmowers!

Thanks given by:
Lol, the bug for the pistol with no ammo needs to be fixed, i keep getting confused cause i scroll down instead of up most of the time.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 04:24PM)Drakas Wrote:
(05 Jan 11, 02:55AM)hedi01 Wrote: removed
I told you, Kirin's/Otto's/Stranz's work wasn't brilliant enough not to be observed by stef.

Drakas it seems like you can only use your fingers to type irritating and generally offtopic stuff, but i'm sure that your posts are usefull afterall, it helps people remember that trolling is never gonna die :)
--------
on the other hand, CTF is fine the way it is (imo).
Thanks given by:
Insta-CTF is the most frustratingly hard mode in Sauerbraten. It's fun at first, but then the servers start getting full and getting to and from the enemy base is very difficult. FOR EXAMPLE: on the map face_capture (dunno its real name) which is a fun, and simple ctf map, great for snipers. On sauerbraten, you move a fair bit faster than AC and actually hitting people is hard, yet I have trouble getting from one tower to the other. Imagine TOSOK-CTF on AC. I can't imagine actually getting to the enemy flag without being shot, and it only takes one hit for you to have to lose the flag and start over.

Also, it's not CTF, but I think that King of the Hill could be fun. Or TOSOK-KTF-KOTH-SURV-GEMA. ;)
(30 Jan 11, 01:09PM)MykeGregory Wrote: still waiting on the lawnmowers!

What about a lawnmower knife model? I've been looking for something to do with Blender. =]

Thanks given by:
Frogulis, a little christmas present: Here it is
Thanks given by:
I know I've seen both suggested before somewhere...

CTFMM was suggested in the AC forums somewhere.

CTFFR was something I saw in-game when some people were thinking up how CTF could be better, or something.
Thanks given by:
King of the hill
its realy easy to make a stupid one and just put the flags to gether, anoy the crap out of every one , but fun
Thanks given by:
I think a good one would be Tag Team. 10 teams of two, or something like that. FFA spawns. Kill enemy players.
Thanks given by: