Accuracy Script
Is it possible that someone can help me with a script that shows my accuracy in the end of the game? I just think that if I know what my accuracy is, I can keep trying to improve.

Thnx
Thanks given by:
You need the carbon mod for that, but its another client so i dont know how secure/safe it is to use.
I do avoid it.
But it someone can say if its safe to use then i would like to use it.
Thanks given by:
I think this is a nice thing to appear in the intermission... as well the whole medal things.
Thanks given by:
That would be nice..but i fear more defence/camp style from it.
Thanks given by:
That would be a really interesting way to see if you are improving or not, with all the guns.
Thanks given by:
a script that calculate out of a demo accuracy, recoil and so on would be really nice for the players and would be also a big help for cheat detection.
I am looking for this so long, but nobody want or have the time to do this and I dont have the skills for this.

Btw the carbon mode is ok but i think you cant reset the score so you have to install after every match new.
Thanks given by:
I can't use the CarbonMod since I have a mac, lol.
Thanks given by:
What about replacing the ratio by the accuracy (an average of all, or just the weapon you use actually) ?
Thanks given by:
There are many ideas to replace the ratio...
If you think a little bit, the ratio means *nothing*... if someone enter in a server and kills 10 without die, he will have ratio 10... but if some with 60 frags and 35 deaths kills 10 without die, he will have ratio 2...

So ratio is useless to low values... and should not be presented.

One possibility is the new *score*... but it is too much hard coded, and it is not sufficiently good to substitute the ratio....
Thanks given by:
Bah, i dont like the accuracy thing actually. I guess you can see yourself how good you are & what weapon is accurate for you. If you play the sniper & always hit youre first hit, than youre accuracy is very good. Same for the smg; if you can keep aiming good, you will kill fast, youre accuracy is good ...
Thanks given by:
Like any number, ratio is useless without context - combine it with time spent on the map and, say, flags captured and it will be much more informative. Just as 10 flags doesn't mean much if they were scored in an unfair game :)
Thanks given by:
I thought the CarbonMod was banned :S
Thanks given by:
you all just want oNe's demo analyzer.
Thanks given by:
We all just want oNe's demo analyzer.

There is no CubeScript ident (value or function) that keeps track of how many times your shots actually hit an opponent, or how many bullets you've fired in a game. There are a few ways of guessing, but those ways are terribly inaccurate and tend to resemble ratio, as Brahma described.
In order to keep track of accuracy in the manner suggested, the client would have to be modified -- and therefore be kept off public servers.

From what you said, Brahma, it sounds like such stats will be implemented, but not until other things like medals. I guess that'll take some intense work...
Thanks given by:
i'd rather prefer those values get hiden till game ends imo.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't suggest it being added to the game to deter camping and such, but I'd love to have it as a script or something like that.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Is it possible that someone can help me with a script that shows my accuracy in the end of the game?

I did mention that I wanted it only for the end of the game.
Thanks given by:
* V-Man works on a kludgy pseudo-accuracy script...
Thanks given by:
me is happy :)

thnx v-man
Thanks given by:
Here you go!
Like I said, it's kludgy.
It's also unreliable, and inaccurate.
But it's the best I could do with the tools at hand! D:
Enjoy.
If you can. :-P
Thanks given by:
This is better than nothing! Thanks V-man, I appreciate it that you took your time to do this :)
Thanks given by:
:_)
Best compliment ever.
Thanks given by:
DES|V-Man - okay .. I'll get on some good stats-reporting-commands/vars soon.
I'm sorry, but it will not happen for 1.1, but after we release we will have lots of time to implement new features! ;-)
Thanks given by:
* V-Man hugs flowtron
Thanks given by:
(05 Jul 10, 02:35PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Here you go!
Like I said, it's kludgy.
It's also unreliable, and inaccurate.
But it's the best I could do with the tools at hand! D:
Enjoy.
If you can. :-P

Inaccurate accuracy script, I like that idea.
I haven't downloaded it, but if you just look at how it works, you notice it doesn't take into account gibs. So you better not be using your knife, your grenades, or the sniper rifle (for that accidental gib with a headshot).
Thanks given by:
XD
you're right.
Accumulating gibs will cause this script to erroneously increase your accuracy rating.
Good catch.
Thanks given by:
Well, I guess there is one reason to not spend hours lining up a head shot with that script.
Thanks given by:
also if you kill armoured players your accuracy goes down.
but it's still a brilliant work, V-Man really used all the tools possible. :)
Thanks given by:
Best script for that out there.
Thanks given by:
Kind of like how trepanning used to be the best cure for a headache. XD
Thanks given by: