Running multiple servers on a mac?
I was wondering if there is a way to run more then 1 server in a mac.
Thanks given by:
As long as your connection supports it. You must set new ports (-f) and forward them accordingly.
Thanks given by:
explain...
Thanks given by:
-fPORT Sets the server base port to PORT. An AC server always uses 2 UDP ports: PORT & PORT+1. The default ports are 28763 and 28764. You need to use different ports, if you want to run several servers on the same machine (with one IP address). For example, use -f28765 for a second server.

Remember to open the new ports in your router.
Thanks given by:
no, fox_ares actually has a point (for once): mac servers are launched via an application. mac only allows you to launch one application of a type at a time, so on mac, you can only allow run one server at a time WITH THE AC APPLICATION. if you can figure out how to launch it via terminal, then you can run as many servers as your connection can hold. i will post a tutorial in the wiki soon.
Thanks given by:
Er...
Just double click the icon again...
Works perfectly for me!
Thanks given by:
I will try that Reagon, and Merry Christmas to yall! =D
ya that didnt work...
Thanks given by:
You'll probably have to launch it from the terminal, and none of us know how wahnfred would know.
Thanks given by:
I have been looking into how to do this, and cocoa has been going over my head.
Thanks given by:
http://macosx.com/forums/howto-faqs/2952...minal.html

open /path/to/assaultcube_server.sh (or whatever mac's use for their sh/bat files)
Thanks given by:
to open AC in terminal:
open -a assaultcube.app
the "-a" option will look for the application and open it.
Thanks given by:
I have gotten a little farther with my muddling
/1.1/AssaultCube.app/Contents/gamedata/assaultcube.app/Contents/MacOS/assaultcube -d
Basically, you launch the game executable not the package, which Faron suggested. In looking in launcher.m (line 407 & 411) I have found that launching it with switch -d will launch it a server.

error:
could not read config file 'config/maprot.cfg'
I'll look into more of the code later.
gn
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 10, 09:56PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: -fPORT Sets the server base port to PORT. An AC server always uses 2 UDP ports: PORT & PORT+1. The default ports are 28763 and 28764. You need to use different ports, if you want to run several servers on the same machine (with one IP address). For example, use -f28765 for a second server.

Remember to open the new ports in your router.
do we forward the same ports...?

to get 2 launchers, you can launch the
launcher
from terminal in MacOS and another launcher is there, in the advanced options somewhere you can type -fPORT... and launch the server. or you can create a duplicate and just open it, but i don't think that would be even close to working
Thanks given by:
If you dont use -f you need to forward 28763 UDP and 28764 UDP.
If you use -f28555 you need to forward 28555 UDP and 28556 UDP.

Then you have one server using 28763 and 28764 and the other using 28555 and 28556.
Thanks given by:
yes, you make 2 launchers, launch the first one, and in the second launcher somewhere in the advanced options u can put:
-f28555
Thanks given by:
hehe. guess this was answered before i could edit the wiki xD gg all hahaha
Thanks given by:
Reagon told me how to do it, by duplication ac and then keep opening windows. Thanks Reagon! =D
Thanks given by:
thats what i said...
Thanks given by: