Wording on docs for "defaults"
Hey guys just wanted to put in a request to change some wording on some of the docs that confused me and probably others.

On http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html it says Default blah blah. but what it really means is here is an example. Because if you do not specify anything it doesn't work. Example is:

-Of Sets the "Message of the day" (MOTD) text filename prefix. The default is -Oconfig/motd. The server adds "_en.txt" to the prefix to complete the filename. The MOTD will only be read from file, if no static MOTD is given on the commandline ('-o').

even if you do not specify -o it will not read config/motd_en.txt unless you specify -Oconfig/motd

I believe a few others where like that too but I can't remember which.

What I dont get is there is a lot of the other stuff with "defaults" that work fine. So if this was just a glitch for me can someone tell me that and maybe delete/lock this post? I would say tell me how to fix it but sense just specifying -0 works I can live with that.
Thanks given by:
#1 i think you are supposed to reply to flowtron's post not make a new one. lol.
#2 -o will set the actual MOTD while -O will set the MOTD file. Default for -O is config/motd_en.txt
#3 im working on updating all that stuff :P
Thanks given by:
lol, everybody posting with RTFM but i know myself how i hate writing them and i secretly hope nobody will read them xD

Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 11:24PM)JGAN Wrote: #1 i think you are supposed to reply to flowtron's post not make a new one. lol.
#2 -o will set the actual MOTD while -O will set the MOTD file. Default for -O is config/motd_en.txt
#3 im working on updating all that stuff :P

This is for docs not the wiki and its not a request for new pages but a wording change on existing or it may even be a bug in the server software I don't know yet.

I know the flags and I'm saying that even if you don't use "-o" then it doesn't default "-O" to "config/motd_en.txt" Like saying "default" suggests. I also know that specifying "-o" overrides the use of "-O" but even without specifying "-o" it was not reading the config/motd_en.txt Until I specified "-Oconfig/motd".

Like I said I don't know if this is a glitch for me or maybe something that needs to be fixed in the code even. I just know that what it suggests is not what happens. Also like I said the other "defaults" most of them do act as defaults and DO work like they suggest.
Thanks given by: