Assault Cube League (Ideas)
Yes, I agree with titi 100%

I can see it now, "You're rifle sprinting!" "No we aren't!" "You forfeit!" "No we don't!" (quoted from B}Zarj)
This "no rifle jumping" ruined the whole league.

o2| will not be participating as well.
Thanks given by:
i like your attitude and everything your trying to do Alex , but as a democracy you should listen everybody , including those that will play ... look everybody is saying : " we want the rifle sprint " , and only the BillyBob and Dade saying no that is not allowed , where is the democracy when you see 100 yes and 2 noes ...

also i have an idea : every team is allowed to play the official map only one time .
Team A pick desert and mines for his 1st game , in the second game and for the rest of the league they can't choose the maps they already choose.

Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 10, 10:52PM)Ghost Wrote: Yes, I agree with titi 100%

I can see it now, "You're rifle sprinting!" "No we aren't!" "You forfeit!" "No we don't!" (quoted from B}Zarj)
This "no rifle jumping" ruined the whole league.

o2| will not be participating as well.

Speaking truth I really like these comments because in this way my friends from [ED] will realize from now that penalize the Rifle Sprint when you got the enemy Flag in CTF is a mistake

BTW Billybob and I = Yes Rifle Sprint
Dade and Vall = no for the moment to the Rifle Sprint
Thanks given by:
hey guys. i havent played AC in a loooong time but i used to play team fortress 2 on a team in a league so id like to offer my two cents =P

first of i think you guys should look at actual gaming leagues such as ESEA and Cevo, which are both succesful and established leagues and organizations. first of i think that the match every 2 weeks or so idea is good, but to avoid having every team pick the same map every time and all of those shenanigans, it would be better to have a map schedule for the entire season. so you could say week 1 you would play *map goes here* for ctf and *map goes here* for htf, and just do that every week, so every team will play every map and no one can complain hopefully =P. I think the 8 and 16 team limit for each division sounds good. in competitive team fortress 2 on the european side there 6 divisions, and subcategories of a-f in each division, which basically meant that there was a slot for just about any team, and i think that after a few seasons it would be wise to try to expand the league and get more divisions. roster issues was a large problem in team fortress 2, and most likely would be in this league. its fair to say that if a team cant find enough players than they can either forfeit or try to play with a numbers disadvantage. the easiest way to avoid this problem would be for every team to have a standard lineup, and then have 1 or 2 substitutes incase something came up and somebody couldn't make it to the match, or they just didnt show up for some reason or another. subs shouldn't be required but every team should try to find someone =P
on the issue of servers, you only really need two, one for each division. every two weeks you can say monday night will be: *team name goes here* vs. *other team name goes here* and then tuesday night the same and so on.
i think that rifle sprinting is a fair tactic and should be allowed, instead of complaining about it just do it yourself!!!
hope this helps =)

-gizmo
Thanks given by:
can we just try ESL again instead of dealing with the foreigners that dont allow rifle sprinting.
Thanks given by:
Only vanilla clients or I'm not gonna be there!
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 10, 03:04AM)Undead Wrote: can we just try ESL again instead of dealing with the foreigners that dont allow rifle sprinting.

+1, nobody likes foreigners
Thanks given by:
ok i’m done I quit too

I'm not comfortable with the organization I better will use my free time on things more useful

thanks for the feedbacks if there was some of them

back to my place of [ED] Commander and playing AC

someone else will take my place probably [aCKa]Perros

good luck with the organization my friends you know I do

keep the AC Ideas that’s of ESL is a good one

cya in the game
Thanks given by:
(29 Dec 10, 10:40PM)Alex007 Wrote: ...but for others like us who have over 10 years playing many FPS...

This isn't many FPS, THIS IS SPARTA.
Scratch that. This is AC ;-)

Cya in game, ty for trying to put some sense in the other guys head.
Thanks given by:
So... maybe there is a reason behind the fact that there's not a stable competition of Assault Cube (since the release of AC on 2007).

We may are 'foreigners' (is discrimination allowed on AC forums?), but at the moment, this 'foreigners' are the only ones that raise up their heads and said: "Hey, let's do a real competition for this". Maybe 'foreigners' is exactly what AC was looking for to evolve. The sad part of this is that calling us 'foreigners' (as a reason because our statements are wrong) imply that if a 'non foreigner' clan/individual purpose the same, it/they won't be charged this much... that's REALLY sad.

I'm feeling most of the people complaining, haven't even read the rules before posting (is trolling allowed on AC forums?), as Rifle Sprint IS allowed, except for the specific player which is in possession of the flag(that flag won't be taken into account on the final score). We can argue long and large about this (as if we talk about angel's sex), but those complaining, have ever tried to play a match without using Rifle Sprint when getting the enemy flag? Just for knowing what they are talking about... because I tried and it's just a little harder because you need more team play. What is so scary about it? Really there is people so skilled that can't adapt to a minor change on game play?

Anyway, I won't judge who will/will not participate on the League, although many childish people actions insulting Alex/[ED] on public servers. I'm sure we will have fun with AC even starting with only one-two divisions, or (why not?) without even a complete division.

About sign-ups, as Alex have decided to decline his participation on the League Organization, please feel free to send me a PM if wishing for an invitation to the League.

GGz!
Thanks given by:
1) Undead was trolling you, nobody else is being disdainful of this organization because of nationality.
2) What is "scary" about disallowing rifle sprint (yes, I acknowledge that you only intend to disallow it when running the flag) is that it blocks a specific aspect of the game that is naturally and inherently available, viable, and feasible. It is an intended feature. It is "scary" to put limitations on the game that were not intended by the developers to be in it.

Now it's my turn. What is so scary about allowing rifle sprinting all the time?

I don't even use it that often, so my position is more one of principle than of personal interest.
Thanks given by:
I will participate, I appreciate the effort you are making organizing this league (not many people organize tournaments here, only davitomon and drakas did, and the last 2 release cup). Concerning to the rifle sprint rule it's ok for me, it's not a big deal and doesn´t affect us at all.

Some little suggestions:

There should be only oficial maps.
Only 3v3
Only CTF mode.
Thanks given by:
aCKa will be IN too! Rifle Sprint is not enough to stop us :).
Yes, i love Rifle Sprint too, but think it's not a significative change. I hope most of you change your mind...
Anyway we'll get fun, that's all what we search.
Thanks given by:
sorry dade if my comment offended you i was joking, but yeah that is hard to tell over the internet sometimes :-(

anyhow you also have a good point, that no rifle sprinting creates more teamwork. and while deathmatch skills will definitely be an important factor in who wins or loses, the team that has more teamwork and strategy is probably going to win, so anything we can do to get this message in teams heads to say, hey if you guys just try to frag this out youre not gonna win. ofcourse having HTF and CTF instead of TDM will also help encourage this xD

that said, we all love rifle sprinting and so even if you cant use it with the flag, feel free to use it as much as you possibly can when you dont have it
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 10, 04:33PM)Dade Wrote: I'm feeling most of the people complaining, haven't even read the rules before posting (is trolling allowed on AC forums?), as Rifle Sprint IS allowed, except for the specific player which is in possession of the flag(that flag won't be taken into account on the final score). We can argue long and large about this (as if we talk about angel's sex), but those complaining, have ever tried to play a match without using Rifle Sprint when getting the enemy flag? Just for knowing what they are talking about... because I tried and it's just a little harder because you need more team play. What is so scary about it? Really there is people so skilled that can't adapt to a minor change on game play?

The most useful aspect of rifle sprinting is when the player actually HAS the enemy flag. Because it allows him to quickly get away from the opponent's aim.

We, as resident ACers, have already experienced the effect of rifle sprint and, in majority, we accept it as a welcomed feature of this game.
It makes the game even more fast paced! (what, ultimately, is what distinguishes AC from other fps)

You still need team play with rifle sprint. You can't just burst in and rifle sprint the hell away.
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 10, 08:52PM)titiPT Wrote:
(30 Dec 10, 04:33PM)Dade Wrote: I'm feeling most of the people complaining, haven't even read the rules before posting (is trolling allowed on AC forums?), as Rifle Sprint IS allowed, except for the specific player which is in possession of the flag(that flag won't be taken into account on the final score). We can argue long and large about this (as if we talk about angel's sex), but those complaining, have ever tried to play a match without using Rifle Sprint when getting the enemy flag? Just for knowing what they are talking about... because I tried and it's just a little harder because you need more team play. What is so scary about it? Really there is people so skilled that can't adapt to a minor change on game play?

The most useful aspect of rifle sprinting is when the player actually HAS the enemy flag. Because it allows him to quickly get away from the opponent's aim.

We, as resident ACers, have already experienced the effect of rifle sprint and, in majority, we accept it as a welcomed feature of this game.
It makes the game even more fast paced! (what, ultimately, is what distinguishes AC from other fps)

You still need team play with rifle sprint. You can't just burst in and rifle sprint the hell away.

excuse me, but as far as FPS games go assaultcube isnt fastpaced at all. games like Quake, Unreal Tournament and Warsow are what i would call fast paced while assault cube is more middleish.
Thanks given by:
As far as quake live goes, it is extremely fast paced. AC is fast paced. Nontheless, rifle sprint is a feature of this game, just like headshots, strafe running, etc. Dam, just like shooting is!

Don't get picky and remove features that you think aren't "apropriate".
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 12:41AM)Alex007 Wrote: We also agreed that the “Rifle Sprint” in CTF when you got the Flag is not allowed and will be penalized.

I hate to shut you down here [LD], or to insult you.
But you clearly have no idea about this game, or it's features.

Read the wiki, it was implemented into the game, and kept because it was unique to AC, if you're going to penalize us for crap like this, might as well go ahead and ban strafe walking too.

Also minimum 4v4? Seriously?

If this [ED] does not get fixed, or does not go well, no-one will want to play.

I hate to make competition, but you are making mistakes, and just doing it wrong. It's your league to run of course and I will not try and tell you different, but some of us, this is just instinct and part of the game. if I grab a flag from CLA base in Depot, I do not walk out of the base, I just immediately rifle jump. Because it's how I play.

P.S, Why are GrZ and |TaS_ in league 2? GrZ are clearly one of the top 5 teams in this game skill level atm. Atomikk, Reedie and Jo-L are no noobs :| and SrPersian and co. can kick ass. For real.
They wreck most other teams. Excluding some ofc ;P
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 10, 01:43AM)Jason Wrote: GrZ are clearly one of the top 5 teams in this game
[Image: o_rly.jpg?1281859150]

Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 10, 06:40AM)Z-karIuS Wrote:
(31 Dec 10, 01:43AM)Jason Wrote: GrZ are clearly one of the top 5 teams in this game
[Image: o_rly.jpg?1281859150]

Yes.
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, Jason... I definitely love you man! I've just realized there has been a little error of communication here... gonna explain it.

Our tough was to penalize Rifle Sprint in CTF & HTF modes when playing 3v3 format, as it usually give too much advantage to the flag carrier and his team (Gizmo explanation is just the exact focus we moved in). However, on 4v4/5v5 format, teams should already be enough organized to counter a Rifle Sprint, hence it would be allowed with no restrictions on such format.

My personal apologies for this, I'm very busy this days with all the dinners and stuff, plus my coming university exams on January, and I was centered only on explaining the rule itself and not where was going to be applied.

Alex's post about Leagues organizations, as I posted above, it's just an example, and of course, any other post like this is just wet paper until we close sign-ups on 20th January.

I will open another thread to definitely explain the league with as much details I can (before the 5th of January), but as for the actual concerns league will be played on 4v4 with Rifle Sprint totally allowed.

Happy new year!!
Thanks given by:
This looks like a some kind of chaos. I think I just stay in ESL, it has worked and will work in the future.
Thanks given by:
There is only Chaos because they started announcing things before is had actually been finalised.
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 10, 08:03PM)Jason Wrote: There is only Chaos because they started announcing things before is had actually been finalised.

Totally true, I advised Alex that it was a bad idea to announce it before all it's decided :P

Btw, as far I know ESL is DM only for AC...

Ciaooo
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 10, 08:29PM)Dade Wrote: Btw, as far I know ESL is DM only for AC...

That is just a ladder in ESL.
Ärkefiende and the other ESL admins could run as many AC leagues as they liked. Yet instead of doing so they run an LSS Tournament! :D
Thanks given by:
LSS is god... just saying
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 10, 09:54PM)gizmo Wrote: LSS is god... just saying

Not a team mode.
Thanks given by:
yeah i got that
Thanks given by:
EsL has got too many problems , cheaters, multiple accounts , etc ... that`s why AC stopped to use ESL , the old forum could explain everything , all the trouble ... In one CTF tourney the league had like 2 or 3 champions coz of players were cheating ... and the organization wasn`t that good .
( not aerk`s fault )
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 10, 08:29PM)Dade Wrote:
(31 Dec 10, 08:03PM)Jason Wrote: There is only Chaos because they started announcing things before is had actually been finalised.

Totally true, I advised Alex that it was a bad idea to announce it before all it's decided :P

Btw, as far I know ESL is DM only for AC...

Ciaooo

Yeah, but at least there I can rifle sprint.
Thanks given by: